• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord: Officialy Revealed | State of Play

Draugoth

Gold Member

CONCORD RELEASES AUGUST 26, 2024

Join the Crew of the Northstar! Concord is a new shooter for PS5® and PC* where you choose from a wide roster of characters and role types, each with unique abilities and personalities. Assemble your crew of Freegunner space outlaws and team up online with friends for thrilling 5v5 PVP modes across the galaxy. Pre-order starting June 6, 2024 for Beta Early Access for you and 4 friends. Available on August 23, 2024.To stay up to date, follow @PlayConcord on social media.*Account for PlayStation™Network and internet connection required. Paid for PlayStation®Plus membership (sold separately) required on PS5.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I had never heard of this game before and thought it was some awesome story-based game because of that cinematic trailer. Imagine my disappointment to find out it’s just another pvp squad shooter. Oh well.

Codes 208

I had never heard of this game before and thought it was some awesome story-based game because of that cinematic trailer. Imagine my disappointment to find out it’s just another pvp squad shooter. Oh well.
Its always the class based shit too. Dont we have enough overwatch/seige clones?

Just give us a new killzone, with halo stumbling with each recent release you’d think sony would capitalize on that gap

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
so its a shit overwatch knockoff

did you notice that all the males are aliens and all the women are ethnic minority humans? guess I wont be able to feel "represented" in this "diverse" cast of characters. But joking aside another fucking hero shooter, how many years late are they to this? there releasing in time to go head to head with marvels attempt to oversaturate the market even more, how exciting, I hope they both flop and studios stop fucking chasing this dead trend.

Last edited:

Zarak

This looked so derivative and lame. It could easily pass as a Guardians of the Galaxy DLC for Overwatch.

Doom85

Looks decent, the big robot guy looks particularly fun just due to it being neat to see your allies/enemies smaller in comparison, but I doubt I’ll give it time since between the two Marvel Rivals looks more compelling.

Nydius

Gold Member
Echoing what I said in the SoP thread: It looks like an Overwatch clone with Guardians of the Galaxy humor as a crutch. That might have been great if it launched in 2020 or even 2021. But now? Feels like it’s several years behind and just chasing trends that used to be popular.

Unless it does something absolutely crazy amazing, I can’t see many people flocking to it over the existing GaaS games they’re already financially and emotionally connected to.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Even Marvel Rivals looks better than that.

This looked like bootleg Guardians of the Galaxy as an Overwatch knockoff, and was almost immediately followed by an officially licensed Marvel Overwatch knockoff. What are we even doing?

200w.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This looked like bootleg Guardians of the Galaxy as an Overwatch knockoff, and was almost immediately followed by an officially licensed Marvel Overwatch knockoff. What are we even doing?

200w.gif
I missed the State of Play, so catching up now on all the threads. The first video I saw was the CGI trailer and first thing I thought was GotG cast where the green guy is like a hipster version of Shrek.

The the gameplay video was Overwatch/Paladins kind of game.

Last edited:

Hugare

Sony bought Bungie for $3B so they could have their own Overwatch clone

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Seriously. What a waste.

Imagine spending many years of your life making a game that everyone knows that is just being made to chase some (now old) trend

EDIT: Oof, Bungie's game is Marathon, not Concord. My mistake.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I was trying to be optimistic about this all year but it was peak Marvel dialogue trash. I was extremely let down.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not understanding what separates this from the other endless pile of gaas games
The ONLY thing that stood out to me in that trailer was pace of play. That is, by far, the slowest moving team based shooter in existence. Everything else looks like standard fair.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Any shooter is welcomed at this point for Sony, other generation PlayStation had shooters now today people are satisfied with open world games only and Sony put their foot on shooters necks.

I'll never understand Hero Shooters.
Seeing 3 different same characters running around in a shooter takes me out of it instantly. But I guess it's not meant to be immersive

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'll never understand Hero Shooters.
Seeing 3 different same characters running around in a shooter takes me out of it instantly. But I guess it's not meant to be immersive

In Chess, there are 4 rooks, 4 knights, 4 bishops etc...

It's about immersing yourself in the challenge.

In Chess, there are 4 rooks, 4 knights, 4 bishops etc...

It's about immersing yourself in the challenge.
I mean you're not directly controlling one rook while other rooks run around killing pawns, so idk if that's a good comparison.

But yea the challenge can be immersive, I get that.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

I don't understand why they led with a CG story trailer....I get that they want to show there's lore and depth to the characters but it's like, "hey check out this cool squad that goes on raids and dangerous missions together! Now go shoot up 5 other dudes in an Arena!".

It's like they're marketing a single player or narrative game but actually just selling another Team based arena shooter...I just don't see how that sells this kind of game but maybe I'm just not the target audience

Last edited:
Top Bottom