• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord | State of Play Reveal Trailer

Pop

“undecided” 🙄
Nicx0MB.jpeg
Eyes Omg GIF

realcool

The game launches with 16 characters. Every character has pronouns on their character select screen.

Of the 9 human characters, there are 0 Caucasian men and 0 Caucasian women.
Of the 9 human characters, 7 of them are women.

I couldn't have been monkey pawed any harder here, WTF.

Discord |OT| You mod, cis?

peish

Gold Member
That's because they are "white adjacent" so best they can do is women, probably have to make her a lesbian at least as well as that's dangerously close to not diverse enough as it is non-binary too.

I think is unfair because we asian worked diligently and quietly, does not mean there was no discrimination and office politics that we gone through.

I just remembered sony closed their japanese studios, yet they went out and buy this studio making a generic hero pvp with DEI messaging. yucks!

Killjoy-NL

How could the same arguments have been made about Helldivers when it was obvious it was received quite well by the people who checked it out? Where are these threads where everyone was negative towards the game? Link them to me
The general reception to the videos and discussions pre-release was quite some mockery.

Gambit2483

Just noticed there's not a single white person on the (12+) character roster. Why am I not surprised...

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
A robot with a male voice needs to have a "he\him" thing

Oh, boy...

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Reminded me to much of guardians of the galaxy. Space and esp samurai games are getting over done obviously just my opinion.

Sonik

The general reception to the videos and discussions pre-release was quite some mockery.

It was well-liked by youtube audience and it was well received here too:

Reactions: Fbh

boomcrab

I don't know, going from the gameplay trailer alone, this doesn't look as bad as some of these comments are making it out to be. But of course what else would you expect out of Gaf.
Could be fun, looks kind of like overwatch but I guess the benefit of that is so many people are tired of Overwatch's unchanged meta and here we'd have a blank slate if it's comparable competitively. I always hated Overwatchs art style so this speaks a little more to me at least from that aspect. Gameplay looks solid enough I don't see what the big deal is lol.

Killjoy-NL

It was well-liked by youtube audience and it was well received here too:

Too much digging, especially since the game suddenly exploded, but there was quite a shitstorm upon release regarding it's visuals and a lot of trashtalking around GaaS.

Also, that thread was just 2 pages, so it was probably mostly a few fans of the original.

Last edited:

Sonik

Too much digging, especially since the game suddenly exploded, but there was quite a shitstorm upon release regarding it's visuals and a lot of trashtalking around GaaS.

Also, that thread was just 2 pages, so it was probably mostly a few fans of the original.

I assume you're talking about the shitstorm about Sony's moronic enforcement of PSN accounts on PC which has very little to do with GaaS. Every single youtube video I've seen about the game people have been pretty positive, sometimes skeptical but still positive.

Anyone with a mild understanding of video games: "Battleborn and Lawbreakers failed 8 years ago because of oversaturation."

CEOs today: "I just saw my nephew playing Fortnite and Overwatch. EMERGENCY MEETING, I HAVE A TRILLION DOLLAR IDEA!"

Gambit2483

Anyone with a mild understanding of video games: "Battleborn and Lawbreakers failed 8 years ago because of oversaturation."

CEOs today: "I just saw my nephew playing Fortnite and Overwatch. EMERGENCY MEETING, I HAVE A TRILLION DOLLAR IDEA!"
The allure of the "Fortnite money" is too much for them to resist. They all think their idea will be the "next big thing".

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I assume you're talking about the shitstorm about Sony's moronic enforcement of PSN accounts on PC which has very little to do with GaaS. Every single youtube video I've seen about the game people have been pretty positive, sometimes skeptical but still positive.
No, not talking about that. That was just recent.

Doesn't matter though irt Concord. Nor HD2, for that matter.

Last edited:

Oppoi

Let us give some props to the real creators of the new directions of the games we all love so passionately!
Tesla-supercomputer.jpg

Audiophile

“undecided” 🙄

Nicx0MB.jpeg

I bet an artist made the model and then someone else was responsible for adding the pronouns, but didn't want to assume the wrong way; and at the same time, didn't wanna ask the artist in case they offended them by not knowing.

Just saw the gameplay trailer WTF Sony
xcJMDtj.png

The OP of this (failed) marketing thread has put more effort into it than the design of the actual game.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

You had me before Fortnite. This isn't Fortnite inspired, it's Overwatch inspired. Those games play drastically different from one another.

UnrealEck

No white male characters I can see.
Can't believe I'm like this now. They've turned me into one of them except I look for the characteristics they hate.

Yep the most obviously DOA game since Helldivers 2

Helldivers 2 is the sequel to a game people very much enjoyed and the only negative or doubt people had prior to release is the perspective switch. There was no major outrage about the game and no one predicted it to be DOA outside of maybe some fringe YouTube personalities for clicks.

People aren’t pooping on Concord because it’s a service game, they’re shitting on it because it looks like shit uninspired in every aspect.

On the contrary HD2 is certainly not in a unique position, there are tons of PvE horde games out there and yet leading up to release it still managed to look fun and unique.

You pulled a horrible comparison out of your ass. Wash your hands please, they smell like shit.

Helldivers 2 is the sequel to a game people very much enjoyed and the only negative or doubt people had prior to release is the perspective switch. There was no major outrage about the game and no one predicted it to be DOA outside of maybe some fringe YouTube personalities for clicks.

People aren’t pooping on Concord because it’s a service game, they’re shitting on it because it looks like shit uninspired in every aspect.

On the contrary HD2 is certainly not in a unique position, there are tons of PvE horde games out there and yet leading up to release it still managed to look fun and unique.

You pulled a horrible comparison out of your ass. Wash your hands please, they smell like shit.

Concord only “looks like shit” superficially.

No one is saying the gameplay looks like garbage

HD2 was met with a gigantic “Meh” from everyone, and they used it as another case of live service waste of money even if they weren’t as negative about the reveal as they are concord

Top Bottom