• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

Draugoth

Gold Member

GRF7HxIXIAAEBfd

Firewalk Studios has announced the dates of its upcoming open beta for Concord.

The Concord open beta will run from July 12 until July 14. Open beta early access will be available to those who pre-ordered any edition of Concord on either PS5 or PC.

Those who pre-ordered will also receive 4 additional codes for the Beta Early Access to share with friends.

Concord’s developer Firewalk Studios says the game’s monetisation will exclusively focues on cosmetic items.

Those who pre-ordered will also receive 4 additional codes for the Beta Early Access to share with friends.

“We’re going to launch with our 16 characters, 12 maps, and 6 modes,” Concord’s director of IP Kim Kreines told VGC.

“That’s all included when you buy the game, and seasonally we’re providing new maps, new modes, and new characters, alongside their unfolding story.”

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Really curious to see how this pans out, so much of it just looks so.... uninspired to me. It's like all of the character concepts could've originally been AI generated. Maybe the wild color palettes don't really help that feeling.

Was there always suppose to be an open beta for this? I remember when announced there was gonna be a closed beta + 5 codes if you preordered which still looks like is happening, but don't recall an open beta.

Anyway, if I'm not doing much that weekend, I might try it out. It's basically a win win for me. If the game is truly as bad as I think, I probably just laugh as I play it wondering how it got green lit. Or maybe it's actually a solid experience, who the hell knows.

Nice I want to try this out. I deleted OW removing that 1 extra tank killed the game for me. Been playing OW since shortly after release didn't realize that one change would make such a difference.

Killjoy-NL

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If the game is truly as bad as I think, I probably just laugh as I play it wondering how it got green lit.
That's easy to answer.

Look at how popular Overwatch 2, CSGO2, RS:Siege, Valorant and TF2 have been over the last 5 years. (Very popular)

Compare that list with the failed team based Hero Shooters released over the last 5 years. (Not many)

It's very logical why this was greenlit.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This actually sounds pretty good.

Destiny meets COD, is basically what it sounds like.
If they nail that, I think people might be able to look past the Wokeness.

The joke is you have just named two things it reminds you of, in an article announcing it as a brand new groundbreaking never before done thing.

Killjoy-NL

The joke is you have just named two things it reminds you of, in an article announcing it as a brand new groundbreaking never before done thing.
Did you read the article?

They literally described it as Destiny meets COD.

Edit:

Maybe I misread your post.
The storytelling/lore is supposedly the groundbreaking thing within hero shooters, not the gameplay.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
It's a free beta.

Like I think the game looks average too but I'll still try it.

What do you have to lose for playing a free beta, even if it's just a couple of matches

I don't think being free has anything to do with it. Suicide Squad for instance could be free and I still wouldn't download that piece of junk.
I guess for people who don't care about anything at all must be fine. But its not because something is free people will suddenly low their standart and accept garbage.

Last edited:

Sacred

It's a free beta.

Like I think the game looks average too but I'll still try it.

What do you have to lose for playing a free beta, even if it's just a couple of matches
Then your giving more developers increased incentive to continue to make mediocre GaaS games focused around DEI. If we want shit like this to stop, then we shouldn't even install it imo.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Then your giving more developers increased incentive to continue to make mediocre GaaS games focused around DEI. If we want shit like this to stop, then we shouldn't even install it imo.
I don't think being free has anything to do with it. Suicide Squad for instance could be free and I still wouldn't download that piece of junk.
I guess for people who don't care about anything at all must be fine. But its not because something is free people will suddenly low their standart and accept garbage.
Time I could be doing something else, like reading GAF.
I mean I'm not gonna force anyone to play it. Just seems weird to not give it a go because of trailers.

If you are ignoring it for reasons like the pronouns and stuff I totally get it.

But if it's purely cause it's gaas, personally I'd rather try it, know it's shit and at least have a horse in the race when it comes to the inevitable discussions around release.

It's like 20minutes out my day at most, I mean I tried that weird champions battlefield game beta recently on steam, I didn't think it looked good but was still worth trying, and hey, I was right, it wasn't good.

So now when idiot friends fall for marketing and all want to buy it I can safely say, nah dudes it jut.

Pretty much what I did after the anthem alpha test. I still remember everyone getting so pissed at me for saying it was shit 🤣. Then lo and behold it was and every dropped full dollas on it like fools

Top Bottom