• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The character designs, color palette, overall art direction, music, the movement, the fact that it's another hero shooter - literally everything about this trailer looks like shit.

I mean, yeah - maybe the game is fun and I'd really like it if I actually tried playing it. But it's not, and I won't. Why bother pretending?

skit_data

Can't say the game speaks to me on any level and I expect it to be pretty mediocre but it would be kinda funny if it somehow becomes a unexpected, huge hit.

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

The first showing of Concord did not get me excited at all. Calling the setup "Dollar General Guardians of the Galaxy" would be reductive, but not wrong. I've just had my fill of characters like this. That said, if there's an Open Beta, I'm still willing to give it a shot to see how it plays.

Even then, I'm not exactly optimistic for the game. Given the characters, this being another live-service game, and this seemingly following the hero shooter template that people are openly getting tired of, I think Concord has a steep hill to climb.

It was the moment she found out she got the role in Showgirls

I think they were caffeine pills.
Yeah, it was caffeine pills. I think Adult Swim even aired this episode as a joke once.

//DEVIL//

preorder ????

it's not free to play ???

Comedy Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Isn’t this one of the devs that flat out stated some anti White people shit?

I recall being excited to try it then the devs came out to say some fairly racist shit. I tend to block it out and move it off the radar once that comes out. Unless I’m misremembering.

Killjoy-NL

Now which of those things is the most important? Hint, it isn't the story.
That wasn't the point though.

Gameplay looks very fluid and solid and the more I watch it, the more it looks like Destiny Crucible, which has hands-down the best gunplay of any FPS.
If they nail that, I think a lot of people might change their minds on the game.

Because as you said, it's all about the gameplay, right?

Last edited:
Previews gameplay look real good, but I don't see myself paying 40 bucks for it. Looks like a multiplayer mode of a single-player game (like Destiny).

Free-to-play and 1 mode (at the start) would've been the way to go for this.

Varteras

Gold Member
I think this game will serve as a good gauge for the appetite for another arena-based hero shooter. As well as what people are willing to pay for yet another such experience.

T-0800

That wasn't the point though.

Gameplay looks very fluid and solid and the more I watch it, the more it looks like Destiny Crucible, which has hands-down the best gunplay of any FPS.
If they nail that, I think a lot of people might change their minds on the game.

Because as you said, it's all about the gameplay, right?
I hope it turns out great and is a big success. I don't want to wish failure on anyone. I'll try the beta and hopefully I really enjoy it.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Was there always suppose to be an open beta for this? I remember when announced there was gonna be a closed beta + 5 codes if you preordered which still looks like is happening, but don't recall an open beta.

Anyway, if I'm not doing much that weekend, I might try it out. It's basically a win win for me. If the game is truly as bad as I think, I probably just laugh as I play it wondering how it got green lit. Or maybe it's actually a solid experience, who the hell knows.
this did i miss it or was is going to be free from the start.

Top Bottom