• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
8348342043fa487a369789a7ca83274595d4bd82.jpg

Genre: PvP FPS
Platforms: PS5 & PC
Release: 2024

Teaser trailer:

Teaser description:
"Concord is a bringing together of peoples. It’s the power of games to build connection and inspire social play. The Firewalk team is driven by the type of exciting, unexpected moments and shared experiences that multiplayer games create. Every time you log on is the beginning of a new adventure and every match is an opportunity for a new story. It’s these ideals that define Concord, its unique universe of vibrant worlds, and its rich cast of colorful characters."

Rest of thread: Coming soon - check back in May.

Last edited:

Tsaki

I just want the gameplay of the Crucible without the balance issues borne of Destiny's PvE.
Please and thank you!

HR4nG6W.jpg

DeepSpace5D

I don't think it's for me. Looks like it could be fun though. Appears to be competing with Overwatch and those type of games. Gives me a little bit of Destiny vibes as well.

I might give it a chance.

gpn

Remember when they showed Foamstars last year and everybody watching knew it was going to fail? I got deja vu watching the Concord reveal today.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Dead on arrival
Serves them right.
They couldn’t have made a more generic game if they tried.

You have a team of 200 people putting their minds together, and that’s what you come up with?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
"While our core gunplay will feel familiar to shooter fans, the versatility and variety of each Freegunner and their abilities makes it so aim and thumbskill alone aren’t always enough to come out on top. Each Freegunner’s abilities are designed to make it so that players of a wide range of skill levels and play styles can be effective—even those that are new to the genre—while providing additional challenge and depth for those looking for high-stakes, high-sweat competitive play."

Reeeaaally hoping they lean into this hard.

Dead on arrival
Serves them right.
They couldn’t have made a more generic game if they tried.

You have a team of 200 people putting their minds together, and that’s what you come up with?
Do you even like multiplayer games? Game ain't dead on arrival. Wait for previews. Should be out next week

Hohenheim

GaaS games like these are the future boys, are your wallets ready?
Yeah, my wallet is ready for the upcoming Steam summer sale, where there's shitloads of great singleplayer indie and AA games.
This stuff might be part of a future, but definitly not the only path.

Game looks terrible, and I kinda hope it bombs, just so Sony maybe focus more on the stuff they're good at. But there's so many other companies making great stuff, so I don't really care.
The question is if this game can win over the Overwatch / Fortnite crowd. It previews are positive, it might be a banger for those interested in these kinda of games.

Last edited:
Yeah, my wallet is ready for the upcoming Steam summer sale, where there's shitloads of great singleplayer indie and AA games.
This stuff might be part of a future, but definitly not the only path.

Game looks terrible, and I kinda hope it bombs, just so Sony maybe focus more ok the stuff they're good at. But there's so many other companies making great stuff, so I don't really care.
The question is if this game can win over the Overwatch / Fortnite crowd. It previews are positive, it might be a banget for those interested in these kinda of games.

Only for people that like FPS games. I don't so future looks good for me.

I'm kidding guys, I also HATE GAAS games with passion.

hlm666

A hero competitive shooter?? when did this go into dev at the height of overwatch, R6S or valorant? If it was more recent whoever green lit it isn't paying attention.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Boxes went forward in time to make the OT for Concord.

I went slightly further forward in time and saw it peaked at 2000 players concurrent on Steam.

Bro I'm fucking dying here, everyone in the office is looking at me funny from laughing so hard, and I can't explain to them why this is so funny.

Top Bottom