• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Project CARS delayed to March 20th 2015

MaDKaT

Im ok with this. I wasnt planning to build a new PC until spring anyway, specifically for this game and Arssetto Corsa

iceatcs

Suppose good? more polish as it can.

But maybe they're little scare from the reviewers. They have to reliance on the reviews, the marketing must be much smaller.

p3tran

Banned
if they really will use the time to optimize and polish, they have my blessing.

if they just want to avoid loosing day 1 sales because of console big games shipping, they have my balls.

Watevaman

if they really will use the time to optimize and polish, they have my blessing.

if they just want to avoid loosing day 1 sales because of console big games shipping, they have my balls.

Why is delaying to avoid sales any different? This is a small team that's worked their asses off for coming on 3 (maybe 4) years now and they don't want that to go to waste.

Jimrpg

So they are going to take another 4 months to do fixes? They should add more content like tracks and things if they are going to take that long.

Also they should just say its because the game is buggy and not hide behind the fact other games are getting released too.

Seanspeed

Banned
So they are going to take another 4 months to do fixes? They should add more content like tracks and things if they are going to take that long.

Also they should just say its because the game is buggy and not hide behind the fact other games are getting released too.
Where did you get this idea that all they're doing is bug fixing? :/

Seanspeed

Banned
It says so in the last paragraph of the screenshot image.
Says fixes *and* polish.

Polish is a big part of it, I'm sure. From what people playing it have said, certain cars could still use with a bit more time to get them up to par, physics-wise, for example. In a game like this, that's a big deal.

cackhyena

I had only just learned about this game last week and have been watching videos a lot. Loved what I saw, but I can wait. It already looks good most of the time, but there were things in certain videos that definitely showed more work could be done.

fresquito

I don't know for this specific case since I'm not "in the know" but I can tell you from experience that generally speaking the decision to actually delay the game is often taken long before it is announced publicly.

For example, in this case, I wouldn't be surprised that they decided to delay it back in july/august but waited until now to announce it.

It's not like you wake up one morning, a month from release, and realize that your game isn't ready to ship lol. You see those things coming when you are developping a game.
The game could have made it to November 18th, really. It would have been a rougher experience, but the game is almost 100% feature implemented as of today. The game needs tweaks and bugfixes, but it's definitely not 5 months away from completion. The reason it's going into March is becaus the calendar. That said, the more time, the more polished 1.0 will be.

It says so in the last paragraph of the screenshot image.
It doesn't say so. Tweaking is not bug fixing. For reference, tires and FFB need per car+per wheel tweaking. You need to tweak the tires and the FFB a lot. If the game had released in November, every car would have felt good enough, some cars feel great at the moment, but some others not so much. This will give time to give proper treatment to all of them. So, it's not only about bugfixing.

bombshell

Says fixes *and* polish.

Polish is a big part of it, I'm sure. From what people playing it have said, certain cars could still use with a bit more time to get them up to par, physics-wise, for example. In a game like this, that's a big deal.

You're right, it's both bug fixes and polish. It was the part about no new content being added that I thought you questioned in your reply to arbok26.

markao

It seems like an eternity since I've been hearing about project cars, can't say this is a good thing either way.
People seem to forget that just after the game was announced two companies decided to release a new console and that changed all original plans, because they needed that extra time to build an engine that ran on the XB1 & PS4. Other than that, their never has been a delay up until this announcement.

It is however a logical decision, because once you find out that your new IP shares the release date with juggernauts like GTA/FC4/Smash/Dragon Age/etc. , you should have instantly picked another date. Now I do understand there is a financial reason (extra cost), also to those that backed the game, that make it harder to do than it sounds, but anyway they have my support with this move.

magawolaz

If you paid for $45€ tier, you can get Steam or digital console version for free when the game is released.
ehh, I don't remember how much I paid. I tried one of the first builds with their installer, I remember there was an activation code or something to use on their site. Can I still choose the console version? (I don't even have a PS4 lol, but I can see myself getting one sometime next year)

OryoN

They were already focusing on others version while the Wii U took backseat, so this likely means that the Wii U version will be even later. It'll essentially be another late port - that almost everyone who wanted to play it, would have - being stealthily released at a price that makes no sense.

Rodelero

Had no idea the game wasn't up to scratch. Pretty lousy year so far for PS4 racing game fans.

I'm pretty happy with Driveclub, though I thank you for your concern.

Pity about Project Cars, but I've got more than enough games to play to get upset about a delay like this. Will be happy to play it when it's good and ready.

openrob

Didn't plan to buy it now anyway but I will seriously consider it depending on Wii U's port quality and price (since it's gonna be a digital release only).

I was pretty sure this is getting a physical release, why else would they need bandai?

ed3dfx

Slightly Mad Studios (SMS)
This is a good thing guys... Yea it sucks we'll have to wait a little longer but the wait will be worth it. Look at driveclubs launch...

AU Tiger

This project is starting to remind me of Driveclub.

Only even in it's current state, PCars is far more feature packed and polished. SMS are bringing SO much more to the table than Evolution did.

IMO most of the random little bugs I've seen are in the replay system. The core mechanics are solid.

Skyzard

Banned
Knew it, for fuck sake.

At least Assetto Corsa is good. Maybe this will encourage AC guys to pump out some more content too.

F1 2014 -__-

Neo Dark

Yeah but some of us haven't been so lucky and would've liked to see the game released this year. The game was announced in 2011 and now is delayed til 2015......2015!! Hell, what if it's delayed again til 2016? 2017? How is that not entering DNF territory?

The game seems to be fine. I don't see what's wrong with it. Now if it was TLG or FFXIII I mean... FFXV.. where it has been well over 8 years, then it would seem more reasonable to complain.

Skyzard

Banned
Makes me sad. After waiting for DriveClub, I stumbled across PC and was feeling pretty excited to pick it up...

Maybe The Crew now? :/

I want to be but I can't get excited for anything The Crew.

Why play it? No really, someone tell me :p Should have gotten in on that beta but after watching I think it was the GB preview... it doesn't seem to want me to play it.

impact

Banned
Makes me sad. After waiting for DriveClub, I stumbled across PC and was feeling pretty excited to pick it up...

Maybe The Crew now? :/

Driveclub is so much better than The Crew man. Don't pick up The Crew unless you hate racing games but love the United States of America. The gameplay in The Crew is the worst I've endured in a racing game.

IKizzLE

Driveclub is so much better than The Crew man. Don't pick up The Crew unless you hate racing games but love the United States of America. The gameplay in The Crew is the worst I've endured in a racing game.

Yup, the Crew's gameplay is awful, but the game itself has potential. It's similar to all of Ubi's first foray's (Assassins Creed, Far Cry 2, Watch Dogs).

I bet Crew 2 will be amazing and the Crew 1 is just there to establish itself in the racing market.

Pakoe

It's okay as long as the game launches in a perfect state, too bad though. I really need a good racing game.

Needlecrash

I guess it's confirmed then.

It seems like February & March are the new November. Besides the polishing issue, it seems that the game isn't strong enough to stand on it's own if it was to be released this year. Kinda troubling actually because Slightly Mad Studio knows it overlooked.

Well, maybe the delay will help them out unlike some other racing games out there...

KingJ2002

smart move... March is still a competitive month but not for racers... they should stand out and with the right marketing push... get far more coverage than they have been receiving.

"5 months is enough time to hoon around festivities in southern Europe, race through Canadian forests with your club, and road trip across the USA with your crew.

Come to the track in March 2015"

Only even in it's current state, PCars is far more feature packed and polished. SMS are bringing SO much more to the table than Evolution did.

IMO most of the random little bugs I've seen are in the replay system. The core mechanics are solid.

No bugs in the Drive Club replay system.

Top Bottom