• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Mr Moose

i5PpLl04L8nG1.png

iPgl1jQSeasns.png

itmKfp7yuzIlF.png

Timu

How do you guys take shots without the hud in second son? Care to share your tip?
Capture card is required because the PS4's Share button is too slow to be able to catch it in time. Well, you press options and just before the option screen shows up take a screenshot within a split second as the hud will disappear, here are 2 I did with this trick, also it's very hard to do.

inqGZF4dvNeBt.png

ibs5lmnWwPh6h5.png

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Infamous: SS
BjdSs8-CYAEbWIa.jpg:orig

Best looking console game to date period. It's universally accepted. I really hope whatever tech SP is using for the antialiasing they share with the other sony studios.

nordique

Infamous looks crazy good!!! Wow !!

I'm gonna get it when it drops in price....these 70$ games (in Canada) is a bit too steep for me right now

But wow! Looks absolutely stunning.

A huge upgrade from infamous 2!!!

madmackem

Not long ago people wouldve been shouting bullshots at most of these infamous shots, its crazy we are getting games looking like this when we are still pretty much in the launch window.

Timurse

Banned
Infamous: SS
BjdSs8-CYAEbWIa.jpg:orig

Best looking console game to date period. It's universally accepted. I really hope whatever tech SP is using for the antialiasing they share with the other sony studios.

As far as I know, their studios usually share all their technologies within themselves with Naughty Dog being the centerfold R&D "department". I presume new Uncharted and other games like ones made by Santa Monica or even DriveClub would be updated with same techniques in motion blur and AA.

Capture card is required because the PS4's Share button is too slow to be able to catch it in time. Well, you press options and just before the option screen shows up take a screenshot within a split second as the hud will disappear, here are 2 I did with this trick, also it's very hard to do.

inqGZF4dvNeBt.png

ibs5lmnWwPh6h5.png

Thank you timu for your response :)

eso76

This is Second sons "sunny" time of day. Just watch the e3 reveal gameplay video to see how it looks. Its that setting.

On street level its much brighter than that screen sells it and its the time of day i like the best. And yes, the rest is all sunsets, night and very cloudy.

yes, i remember seeing it in early footage and screenshots, but lately i had only seen night / foggy / sunset so i wasn't sure it was still in the game until someone started posting sunny weather TOD in this thread.

I'm not a fan of 'golden hour' TOD in games (it's often overdone, i like it in GT5/6 though) and i generally prefer regular sunny noon lighting, that's why i was concerned they might have removed it from the game.

I can see myself wasting hours wandering in Seattle when i trigger that (btw, at what part of the game does it happen ? late ? is it true you unlock a selectable TOD once you complete the game ?)

Replicant

I can't believe that these are not bullshots. I mean I have the game but it's hard to appreciate the graphics while you're being shot & mobbed by various D.U.P forces. I should do more strolling around the city when I play it again tonight instead of aggravating D.U.P dogs.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Thank you HolyFridge for the hud trick! It doesn't always work but it's better than nothing!

13377979863_1c3dc8f274_o.png

13377731495_7d291be768_o.png

13377857473_771cf2f2dc_o.png

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Infamous SS should be given as an example of how to do the anti-aliasing on a console. And this shows how much the anti-aliasing matter. Great work done with this game!

Not long ago people wouldve been shouting bullshots at most of these infamous shots

Well... it's pretty easy to pick out the downsampled shots from actual gameplay shots in this thread. Just to be clear, the "bullshots" look like this:

They were downsampled from 5760x3240, of course. When you look at the uncompressed shots in this thread, you can still see aliasing. Mostly subpixel and shader aliasing, which are the hardest to tackle I think.

It's still a very impressive AA solution and probably looks much better in motion that it does in stills.

Man Infamous Second Son is all kinds of awesome, I keep discovering something new in the city of Seattle, it could be a subtle detail in an object to how beautifully a certain thing is rendered. Sucker Punch is the best thing to happen on the PS4 during it's early age.

Killzone Shadowfall is also a visual powerhouse, but the game play left me thoroughly disappointed and I was just plain bored with it.

But Second Son isn't just one of the greatest looking games, but it's also a game which provides the most fun out of exploration, combat and gameplay in general. Props to Sucker Punch.

Well... it's pretty easy to pick out the downsampled shots from actual gameplay shots in this thread. Just to be clear, the "bullshots" look like this:

It's still a very impressive AA solution and probably looks much better in motion that it does in stills.

That wasn't what he was saying.

He simply meant, if the (capture card) shots people are sharing from the game were shown prior to release, people would have been sceptical given the superb quality of them.

Nearly a week after release of inFamous and I still have to pinch myself while playing at times, seeing this quality (I still do the same with Killzone and NBA 2K) in my own lounge room is just nuts. Even with a PC that can run anything, downsampling from stupid resolutions, there are very few games (if any really) that just nail the overall image quality that inFamous has. I'm not talking 1 frame per second, camera tweaking for screenshots, I mean actual gameplay graphics, this game really is something else. It's quite an achievement.

He simply meant, if the (capture card) shots people are sharing from the game were shown prior to release, people would have been sceptical given the superb quality of them.

As I've said before, it's probably the only exclusive from the new consoles (so far) that I'm jealous not having access to on PC). The overall look, particle effects, lighting, it's all pretty impressive.

I can't wait for the Destiny release so I can drool all over the screenshots of that game too.

Top Bottom