• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Timu

Thanks, although it's photo mode and I think Killzone still takes that title. (however, DC during gameplay looks sometimes to good to cover it with a screenshot even in photo mode haha. I love setting single tracks to 7 AM + 60x speed + clouds&weather on dynamic. Really makes their effort shine.
I'm still hoping they will change the compression, it's a disservice to them even though I know most the general public won't notice. But damn it, they gave us uncompressed PNGs last gen, that was basically overkill haha

(and yeah I'm using imgur for convenience, sorry. Doesn't matter too much even with the compression level via USB export :p . Minus pics in this thread also sometimes don't load for me.)
I'm someone who takes uncompressed PNG shots of PS4 games, and I I'll tell you this right now, a lot of shots are 2-5MB at 1080p depending on how much is in the shot, so file size could be a factor for this.

As for Minus pics, you have to reupload them if they don't work and it'll be fine. I only use Minus and I don't have much problems with it. You could also try cubeupload as a alternative.

nib95

Banned
DRIVECLUBtrade_2015020513051.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150205055635.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150205094835.jpg~original

Jamesways

I can't get enough of this game, even though it isn't the best looker around.

ibwBrByCwifGu6.jpg

ir8UIP6gnaKTB.jpg

ibl5i6KlcHrdBe.jpg

Can't wait for Milestone's next bike game, Ride, coming next month.

DD

Well, damn. Probably can't be appreciated fully with gameplay camera/motion and IQ though.

The game's IQ is great (but not so smooth like in the photomode). In photomode all assets remain the same, there's no LOD change, but you can add DOF, zoom in and out, add color filters, film grain, the motion blur is improved (even though it looks great in game), etc. The game is a looker, trust me. :)

Caayn

The game's IQ is great (but not so smooth like in the photomode). In photomode all assets remain the same, there's no LOD change, but you can add DOF, zoom in and out, add color filters, film grain, the motion blur is improved (even though it looks great in game), etc. The game is a looker, trust me. :)
Not to be that guy but Driveclub's photomode sets the car models to a lower LOD level, thus using higher quality assets, than during gameplay.

benzy

Not to be that guy but Driveclub's photomode sets the car models to a lower LOD level, thus using higher quality assets, than during gameplay.

In time-trials or 2 car races, the gameplay car LOD is exactly the same as photomode's.

oouqvc.gif

slackjaw10

Neo Member
The game's IQ is great...
Really gonna have to disagree with this. You don't notice it much on the environments thanks to the motion blur, but the cars have highly noticable specular aliasing unless the sun is hitting them from a forgiving angle and/or you're driving a white car. Don't get me wrong, DC looks freaking amazing and you're not going to/supposed to be looking at the car 90% of the time, but whatever method(s) of AA they're using is not working in this respect.

DD

Really?! I've never noticed that. Maybe I need more time with the game.

Sorry for that. :p

Really gonna have to disagree with this. You don't notice it much on the environments thanks to the motion blur, but the cars have highly noticable specular aliasing unless the sun is hitting them from a forgiving angle and/or you're driving a white car. Don't get me wrong, DC looks freaking amazing and you're not going to/supposed to be looking at the car 90% of the time, but whatever method(s) of AA they're using is not working in this respect.

Hmm, I usually use the internal cam. And for me, the game looks great. :p

Top Bottom