• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says any Cowboy player disrespecting the flag won't play

Somnia

I'm still waiting to see if he does anything to Irving for raising his fist at the end of the Anthem on Sunday.

This isn't just about the politics. My disappointment is them continuing to have the absolute worst PA in all of sports despite the money the NFL brings in, and the length of the average career is why they should be gathering together to ensure more protections for themselves in an environment that is becoming more dangerous year over year.
You should focus that on the QB's who make the most money(like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers). They have all the leverage and completely sit out the political stuff and perhaps more importantly are not involved in the union at all. If Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers demanded certain things for the guys lower on the totem pole they would get them.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Jerry Jones, our moral compass for respect and dignity for all..

aaabeckhumjerryjones_thumb.gif

giphy.gif

Yea, no idea how people are falling for the bullshit co-opting of why the ratings are declining and attributing it to people who couldn't turn off a football game if their life depended on it.

Hearing some bullshit "keep politics out of sports" white asshole saying they are going to stop watching football is the biggest pile of horse shit you can hear
Because between work and my people associated to my gf, I’ve never heard because the quality went down.

Even online I’ve never seen anyone make that claim

The Lamp

A wretched sport with insane conservatives helming the power. If my friends here ever offer me a ticket for a Cowboys game, I'll just use it to pick up my dog's shit

mckmas8808

Banned
Kneeling, the gesture which has been a sign of respect, reverence, and subjugation since basically Ancient Rome, is now a sign of disrespect when black folks do it during a song that was written when they were owned by other humans, and a flag that had its 50th star sewn in before they were "guaranteed" "equal" rights. insanity.

Never thought about it like this. WOW! Great point.

Ethelwulf

Jerry Jones, our moral compass for respect and dignity for all..

aaabeckhumjerryjones_thumb.gif

When it comes to nationalism, few things if none, are above a country's pride. You can be a sexist misogynist and yet, you respect your flag and get offended when someone doesn't sing your anthem. Pathetic thinking. Nationalism is pure evil imo.

mckmas8808

Banned
Cowboy local ratings have been declining around 3-5% each week since week 1. To lows not seen even when they’ve been bad. Not that Jerry doesn’t believe it anyways. But I do believe him saying it after the game is due to the lowering ratings and this is his attempt to stop the slide.

But what if this "increases" the slide (now that people that cared for or liked Colin Kaepernick and these other kneeling players are forced to do something against their will) of viewers to ban the NFL?

I talked to a guy at work that stopped watching the NFL because he wants THEM BOYS TO STAND!!!

But now he said he hates the NFL even more because they are only making these guys stand because they are losing money. He wants people to stand, but not just because of the money. So they are pissing off multiple people now.

Roger Goodell's on board. Sent out a letter to teams. Looks like those rating dips have them shook.

Another white rich man telling others how to protest. I am shocked.

Lower ratings might also be becouse every good player has died from injuries after week 6 and Case Keenum is heading for league mvp.

mckmas8808

Banned
Another white rich man telling others how to protest. I am shocked.

Lower ratings might also be becouse every good player has died from injuries after week 6 and Case Keenum is heading for league mvp.

So can some people explain why the number of youths not playing football anymore? Is that also due to the kneeling during the anthem?

Zolo

Yea, no idea how people are falling for the bullshit co-opting of why the ratings are declining and attributing it to people who couldn't turn off a football game if their life depended on it.

Hearing some bullshit "keep politics out of sports" white asshole saying they are going to stop watching football is the biggest pile of horse shit you can hear

I'm pretty sure most of them have been watching more college than NFL for a while anyway.

Top Bottom