• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Cringe] In a new all time low Alyssa Mercante from Kotaku DM'ed SmashJT's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
That woman's face is the perfect epitome of what I picture a caricature of lunatic evil to look like.

Quite fitting really.
The smug “trying to make myself look like someone you’d aspire to be, but I’m really miserable and I look down on you” smile, the old lady glasses and earrings worn ironically, the “deliberately trying to ugly myself up” haircut and septum piercing…

Fucking disgusting. My wife has a (thankfully not very close) friend exactly like this and she makes my skin crawl. She has that EXACT same smile.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
The smug “trying to make myself look like someone you’d aspire to be, but I’m really miserable and I look down on you” smile, the old lady glasses and earrings worn ironically, the “deliberately trying to ugly myself up” haircut and septum piercing…

Fucking disgusting. My wife has a (thankfully not very close) friend exactly like this and she makes my skin crawl. She has that EXACT same smile.
It's certainly a look.

What I have found in my own personal life is that whenever I've met someone of this particular look, they're always slightly unhinged. Sometimes vastly.

Which I've always found odd.

Frwrd

KL1CjUH.jpeg
This mf done hung even the eviction letter on that goddamn fridge, wtf is wrong with these weirdos... Smh

JoduanER2

This shit is just going WAY too far!! Alyssa clearly is a psychopath and why is she still active on Kotaku!?

Discuss.

She is in Kotaku because she is a psychopath... duh

RavageX

So...my mind is a bit confused by her appearance, but if I think logically....

She might be fun for a bit, but one day you will either be in the shower, or you'll wake up to her wearing a....device and wants to experiment with you. Hell, she might not even ask and you'll wake up to an undesired situation(or desired if you like that sorta thing)

Metnut

When you start a petition to try and shut down a business and cost people jobs, then some blowback should be expected. Messaging his wife is lame, but this guy shouldn’t act innocent.

Females like this exist across every layer of society. They are extremely rare, but if you come across one and she has you in her scope you're pretty much fucked on some scale. The silver lining is you find out quick who the real ones in your life are.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
When you start a petition to try and shut down a business and cost people jobs, then some blowback should be expected. Messaging his wife is lame, but this guy shouldn’t act innocent.
This whole fucking thing is so goddamn stupid. Contacting this guys wife can be considered harassment and she should be fired. I don't think anyone can argue that.

Having said that. Kotaku's impact on the industry barely fucking registers. This man should just block them from everything he engages with and use his platform for something actually helpful. Instead he has seemingly dedicated his entire free time to just being angry at every fucking thing.

Also, the fucking irony!
His goal in life seems to be to end a whole organization and leave a whole lot of people jobless. Which, fine - right to protest and all that. He's failing miserably at that. Someone actually succeeded in a campaign to end his website, and he's not happy about it lol. Make it make sense!

If everyone who hated Kotaku or any other outlet just put them on ignore and went on with their lives, they'd be so much happier. But no, everyone has to be a fucking rage filled keyboard warrior.

Play games you enjoy from creators you like. Ignore it from people you don't. No one owes you games that aligns perfectly with your ideals. No creator is obligated to create games that don't align with their ideals. Let people make the games they want, and buy/play the games you want. It's that fucking simple.

GHound

Gold Member
Alyssa Mercunt would belong in an asylum if the asylums weren't just the streets of major cities. Losers like this shouldn't even be allowed to talk about video games.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Gold Member
There's some people you just don't interact with as they are crazy and will make your life hell.

They are lowlifes, and have nothing to lose.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine bringing home Alyssa Mercante home one day to meet your family at a weekend family dinner. Fugly, attitude, stalker/harasser, sex worker who works as a video game site blogger.

Guaranteed your dad would kick you and her out the front door before even salad and apps are served.

My dad is direct and gets to it..... In the first 10 minutes he'd ask what they do for a living. And going by her, she'd be out the door at about the 10 minute 5 second mark as my dad would stare in disbelief, red faced and pissed. She'd just put her shoes back on and leave on her own.

Last edited:

nush

My dad is direct and gets to it..... In the first 10 minutes he'd ask what they do for a living. And going by her, she'd be out the door at about the 10 minute 5 second mark as my dad would stare in disbelief, red faced and pissed. She'd just put her shoes back on and leave on her own.

Based dad.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This whole fucking thing is so goddamn stupid. Contacting this guys wife can be considered harassment and she should be fired. I don't think anyone can argue that.

Having said that. Kotaku's impact on the industry barely fucking registers. This man should just block them from everything he engages with and use his platform for something actually helpful. Instead he has seemingly dedicated his entire free time to just being angry at every fucking thing.

Also, the fucking irony!
His goal in life seems to be to end a whole organization and leave a whole lot of people jobless. Which, fine - right to protest and all that. He's failing miserably at that. Someone actually succeeded in a campaign to end his website, and he's not happy about it lol. Make it make sense!

If everyone who hated Kotaku or any other outlet just put them on ignore and went on with their lives, they'd be so much happier. But no, everyone has to be a fucking rage filled keyboard warrior.

Play games you enjoy from creators you like. Ignore it from people you don't. No one owes you games that aligns perfectly with your ideals. No creator is obligated to create games that don't align with their ideals. Let people make the games they want, and buy/play the games you want. It's that fucking simple.

Good post. It's weird, the feeling I initially got when reading about the Kotaku Detected thing. Messaging the dude's wife was bizarre, and stalkerish, but it kinda fit within Mercante's move list. With the KD stuff, I immediately felt something in my stomach, a change from righteous cause to "uhhh the hell?" It's definitely devolved into a personal shitting contest, but that in itself is fascinating to dissect. A high end editor of a once renowned gaming journalism outlet is now getting into a cyber war with a very low tier youtuber (as far as subscriber count and reach, power in the industry).

He's kinda going by the seat of his pants and making a mess, but I think he feels synonymous with a lot of people supporting him. It's a clear visual example of the industry going out of its way, even on a micro level, to fuck over some random, plain looking dude who rides scooters and plays games. It's a distinct representation of this entire facet of the culture war.

And to quickly address the "It's dumb drama, just ignore it," - sound advice. However, some gamers are amused/entertained/invested in the drama. It's kind of like a lolcow mindset to me, tied into something that I care about. It's like watching exhibition matches before the big title bout, I guess. It's sort of like a niche market, like irl Smash Brothers tourneys or conventions.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Females like this exist across every layer of society. They are extremely rare, but if you come across one and she has you in her scope you're pretty much fucked on some scale. The silver lining is you find out quick who the real ones in your life are.
Yeah but if they were getting their backs blown out on a regular most of them would be too busy to be pulling these petty stunts.

Frwrd

“She might be fun for a bit, but…”
Shiiiit, even I, as the Booty Warrior that I am, wouldn’t touch that bitch not even with a stick… maybe with a couple swings of a baseball bat lol.

Ps: poor NY Rangers fans, thank God I don’t watch hockey 😆

diffusionx

Gold Member
When you go up against one of these lefties, you really need to be prepared for them to pull out all the stops. They believe the ends justify the means, in all instances. I don't know who SmashJT is but it seems like he wasn't ready for this fight.

Last edited:

This shit is just going WAY too far!! Alyssa clearly is a psychopath and why is she still active on Kotaku!?

Discuss.

She is obviously still employed there because the same psychotic brain rot has manifested in everyone’s minds over there. This is the society we are living in sadly. Purple and blue haired feminazis like herself are employed by companies and they are unwilling to intervene. They are either of the same mindset or would rather not be called misogynists or whatever else for not allowing weirdos like herself to spew their hate for anyone they feel free to harass. I tend to think there are just too many others like her and they have infected so much of our society and they are willing to group and shield eachother. That would explain why she does what she does and gets away with it. People have to start fighting these lunatics back aggressively or they will continue to harass and ruin more people’s lives.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
She is obviously still employed there because the same psychotic brain rot has manifested in everyone’s minds over there. This is the society we are living in sadly. Purple and blue haired feminazis like herself are employed by companies and they are unwilling to intervene. They are either of the same mindset or would rather not be called misogynists or whatever else for not allowing weirdos like herself to spew their hate for anyone they feel free to harass. I tend to think there are just too many others like her and they have infected so much of our society and they are willing to group and shield eachother. That would explain why she does what she does and gets away with it. People have to start fighting these lunatics back aggressively or they will continue to harass and ruin more people’s lives.
Makes sense.

Dont forget gaffers that Kotaku is part of the Gawker Media corporation. So their style of media is clickbaity junk content based on stupidity.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This has been tried… incorrect.

In fact … ignoring this shit is how we got here.

I guess we'd better get mad about it on a video game forum, that'll learn 'em

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
And to quickly address the "It's dumb drama, just ignore it," - sound advice. However, some gamers are amused/entertained/invested in the drama. It's kind of like a lolcow mindset to me, tied into something that I care about. It's like watching exhibition matches before the big title bout, I guess. It's sort of like a niche market, like irl Smash Brothers tourneys or conventions.
Yeah, you're right. I don't think it's advice that's ever going to work, unfortunately.

Unless he or his wife gets a lawyer involved, I don't think Kotaku is going to do anything. It's funny that he's youtube account is likely to get deleted before she gets fired.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah, you're right. I don't think it's advice that's ever going to work, unfortunately.

Unless he or his wife gets a lawyer involved, I don't think Kotaku is going to do anything. It's funny that he's youtube account is likely to get deleted before she gets fired.

Basically how it goes in these situations. Doesn't really matter who is wrong or right, or less outwardly neurotic or whatever rubric you want to use- if you have a big enough community and tight enough connections, your voice will be swallowed by the sea.

schaft0620

Not one ounce of this has anything to do with video games, anyone who thinks otherwise is a loser.

A shitload of death threats were made against Alyssa, she has full right to do whatever she wants back. I don't see anyone here defending her from a fairly coordinated harassment effort.

If you weren't acting like a total clown on the internet, it shouldn't be embarrassing for someone to DM your wife privately and tell them what you are doing.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
She is a smug, irritating clickbait writer who is ambulance chasing internet drama for the Kotaku misery mill. She is a total fuckwit and a waste of space.

But, he is a creepy loser who is wasting his time with bullshit 'petitions' to harass people who are writing nonsense that serves no purpose and means absolutely nothing - 'BUT I HATE HER OPINIONS' is not a reasonable justification for spending time and effort on creating websites to destroy people's jobs.

Both people in this non 'story' are pathetic losers, this is not news, and this thread should not exist. This is not /r/kotakuinaction, and I feel deeply ashamed of myself for making it to page three.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
She is a smug, irritating clickbait writer who is ambulance chasing internet drama for the Kotaku misery mill. She is a total fuckwit and a waste of space.

But, he is a creepy loser who is wasting his time with bullshit 'petitions' to harass people who are writing nonsense that serves no purpose and means absolutely nothing - 'BUT I HATE HER OPINIONS' is not a reasonable justification for spending time and effort on creating websites to destroy people's jobs.

Both people in this non 'story' are pathetic losers, this is not news, and this thread should not exist. This is not /r/kotakuinaction, and I feel deeply ashamed of myself for making it to page three.

Ah ah ah, deeply ashamed, but still here with the rest of us. Page 3 car wreck aficionados unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom