• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX is a mess

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Much like Netflix what matters is volume. Just look at some people already coming to the rescue of this garbo. No respect whatsoever for their own time, they just want to consume content for cheap.
You win some, you lose some. We also got The Ascent on GP, and lots of other great games. You guys jumping at any chance to shit on GP though never change.

If you want to argue that the quality of games is objectively declining due to a subscription model then you should put some more effort into that assertion, because I think it'd be next to impossible to prove.

TheMan

Hadn't even heard of this game until yesterday and now I think I'll do my best to forget about it lol

Papacheeks

Banned
And people like COlteastwood, xbox fans on Gaf, Zalker, Destin the biggest Choad of all were hyping crossfireX as something to look forward too. Literally outside of Halo and Forza Microsoft has had dick all.

Games like Back4blood, MLB, outriders are good gets to keep people interested. But they have had no home runs besides Forza/Halo which has been an issue of them relying on in previous gens.

Hope they start signing more like B4BLOOD and the likes to pad out their year till Starfield because if not its going to be a bumpy ride for 2022.

You win some, you lose some. We also got The Ascent on GP, and lots of other great games. You guys jumping at any chance to shit on GP though never change.

If you want to argue that the quality of games is objectively declining due to a subscription model then you should put some more effort into that assertion, because I think it'd be next to impossible to prove.

I think the issue is the same that Streaming services have, which is consistency of content. To expect all their studios to hit homeruns to me is foolhardy. Signing deals like MLB, ouriders, and the like is a smarter bet while waiting for your first party.

But hyping up The medium and Crossfire X as being a big Gamepass game is not something that really shows great value. It shows you that just like streaming services you might hold off and signup when the big games drop? And then after your done what do you do if you have down months like the past couple?

Do you unsub and wait?

Last edited:
Another great example of the future of gaming on Gamepass.
You mean Starfield, Hellblade 2, The next Elder Scrolls and countless of others great games coming? Or current games like Halo Infinite and Forza 5 and many others already on there?

Shut the fuck up with your idiotic troll GP is trash games lul comment. What are you a 13 year old GameFaqs poster?

Have some self respect.

GHG

At this point, MS has to start asking itself if some developers after they get a Gamepass deal, just forget the world quality. This looks like they got easy money from Gamepass and call it a day.

This isn't a problem exclusive to gamepass. It happens with pre-orders and also when games go EGS exclusive.

Some developers/publishers seem to lose the desire to provide the best quality product possible when they've already received all the money they need to cover costs up front. They are also reluctant to delay games because they will have already forecast that money on the balance sheet for the quarter the game releases in. The industry is broken.

Punished Miku

And people like COlteastwood, xbox fans on Gaf, Zalker, Destin the biggest Choad of all were hyping crossfireX as something to look forward too. Literally outside of Halo and Forza Microsoft has had dick all.

Games like Back4blood, MLB, outriders are good gets to keep people interested. But they have had no home runs besides Forza/Halo which has been an issue of them relying on in previous gens.

Hope they start signing more like B4BLOOD and the likes to pad out their year till Starfield because if not its going to be a bumpy ride for 2022.

I think the issue is the same that Streaming services have, which is consistency of content. To expect all their studios to hit homeruns to me is foolhardy. Signing deals like MLB, ouriders, and the like is a smarter bet while waiting for your first party.

But hyping up The medium and Crossfire X as being a big Gamepass game is not something that really shows great value. It shows you that just like streaming services you might hold off and signup when the big games drop? And then after your done what do you do if you have down months like the past couple?

Do you unsub and wait?
I literally just beat the Medium two days ago and thought it was fantastic actually lol. I hope they make a sequel, and I can't believe how much negativity that game received. Probably only because it was associated with Xbox.

The past couple months have not been down months lol. What? And yeah, obviously unsub if you don't want it.

Consistency is a challenge when you take on the task of essentially publishing 20+ titles a month to your sub service. No publisher in the world is taking on that amount of volume. You win some and you lose some. It had Remedy associated with it, and maybe they got it for cheap since it was a no-name IP in the west. I am not losing any sleep about the future of gaming over it. Honestly.

Last edited:

Stuart360

You mean Starfield, Hellblade 2, The next Elder Scrolls and countless of others great games coming? Or current games like Halo Infinite and Forza 5 and many others already on there?

Shut the fuck up with your idiotic troll GP is trash games lul comment. What are you a 13 year old GameFaqs poster?

Have some self respect.
Didnt you know?, we never got 'meh' games before Gamepass. Even though Microsoft are quite picky overall with the games they get for Gamepas, that chart showed something like 70% of the games on GP have over 70 on MC, and something like 45% over 80.
If we were talking about Steam, fair enough lol.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Shame that most of the stuff microsoft pushed really heavily over the last two years has been delayed super far out, or has been underwhelming. This, the gunk, scorn, stalker 2, they just have not been tying their cart to winners lately

Ozriel

M$FT
Another great example of the future of gaming on Gamepass.

Gamepass definitely is saving many folks from paying cash to try this out just because of the Remedy name. So I’d say it’s working as intended.

Shame that most of the stuff microsoft pushed really heavily over the last two years has been delayed super far out, or has been underwhelming. This, the gunk, scorn, stalker 2, they just have not been tying their cart to winners lately

Crossfire X was never pushed heavily. The Gunk never received a major push. And making an agenda out of delays in this days is just plain weird.

Last edited:

jose4gg

This isn't a problem exclusive to gamepass. It happens with pre-orders and also when games go EGS exclusive.

Some developers/publishers seem to lose the desire to provide the best quality product possible when they've already received all the money they need to cover costs up front. They are also reluctant to delay games because they will have already forecast that money on the balance sheet for the quarter the game releases in. The industry is broken.

Yea, completely, no shot a game pass, it just that it feels that was the reasoning behind this loss in desire.

And once again, no gameplay months previous to release, A VERY BAD GAME as result.

Didnt you know?, we never got 'meh' games before Gamepass. Even though Microsoft are quite picky overall with the games they get for Gamepas, that chart showed something like 70% of the games on GP have over 70 on MC, and something like 45% over 80.
If we were talking about Steam, fair enough lol.
It does seem that except for first party and MLB exceptions, most of the AAA GP games have been the games there were getting overlooked, no traction with the public, sales probably going to bomb. Doesn't mean it's a bad game. I wouldn't say Outriders is bad, but it was clearly overlooked with no traction and wasn't going to sell.

Punished Miku

Yeah, it's sick. Only game I've ever played that tried a light world / dark world approach simultaneously. Pretty innovative. Game set in Poland with an interesting story. The main monster was pretty cool. Graphics were pretty good for being able to display two environments at the same time.

What's your reasoning for claiming it's trash? It's pretty good. Because it doesn't run at a 100% flawless framerate at all times? Had a couple decent puzzles as well, and ends on a cliffhanger I'd like to see continued.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
campaign footage makes it look like the most generic shooter of all time.

Punished Miku

The Medium also has 'very positive' user reviews on Steam, so yeah cut your tiresome bullshit.
I didn't even realize until it was over, but Yamaoka did the OST as well. Total garbage!

I just looked it up and apparently the main villain was Troy Baker? His voice sounds totally nuts in the game, and I had no idea it was him. Probably one of his best roles in a long time, because it's so weird for him.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I literally just beat the Medium two days ago and thought it was fantastic actually lol. I hope they make a sequel, and I can't believe how much negativity that game received. Probably only because it was associated with Xbox.

The past couple months have not been down months lol. What? And yeah, obviously unsub if you don't want it.

Consistency is a challenge when you take on the task of essentially publishing 20+ titles a month to your sub service. No publisher in the world is taking on that amount of volume. You win some and you lose some. It had Remedy associated with it, and maybe they got it for cheap since it was a no-name IP in the west. I am not losing any sleep about the future of gaming over it. Honestly.

The medium is something you get when it's on sale. Not saying its a terrible game, but in terms of polish I watched a lot of it when it was released. And Animations are kind of stiff. The thing is how MS presented it as being this big game for gamepass, and it ended up being a cool add on to something big that releases in the same month like a Back4Blood or a Halo.

But they have been pumping up games like Medium, Crossfire, and that Dino shooting game. It's the same song and dance.

They dont have quality content or are being selective in what they are adding to their service as much as they should.

Stuart360

The medium is something you get when it's on sale. Not saying its a terrible game, but in terms of polish I watched a lot of it when it was released. And Animations are kind of stiff. The thing is how MS presented it as being this big game for gamepass, and it ended up being a cool add on to something big that releases in the same month like a Back4Blood or a Halo.

But they have been pumping up games like Medium, Crossfire, and that Dino shooting game. It's the same song and dance.

They dont have quality content or are being selective in what they are adding to their service as much as they should.
I think it was more to do with it being the start of the gen, and before, and thats why The Medium and that dino game got a lot of showings, becuase they didnt really have that much to show off.
If we were 3 years into the gen, i doubt that dino game would even be at a Microsoft event.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like that COD knockoff game on mobile. Modern Combat I think it’s called?
holy shit it actually does, just with better graphics.

edit: but at least it seems like Crossfire lets you play the game instead of slowly following a guy on a strictly linear path. still its pretty much nothing. we've seen this type of stuff done a million times and it just is boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orbital2060

The Medium is a great game, easy 8/10 from me. I feel real bad for the developers there, getting so much abuse out of the Xbox exclusivity.

Papacheeks

Banned
I think it was more to do with it being the start of the gen, and before, and thats why The Medium and that dino game got a lot of showings, becuase they didnt really have that much to show off.
If we were 3 years into the gen, i doubt that dino game would even be at a Microsoft event.

So your saying they wont promote indie games like The medium anymore once their internal teams/studios start releasing?

Stuart360

So your saying they wont promote indie games like The medium anymore once their internal teams/studios start releasing?
I think they would with something like The Medium, but i doubt Srecond Extinction would be in anything other than a highlight reel if they had tons of games to show off.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
What was Remedy even doing with that shit? MS paid them for this?

Control, Alan Wake to Korean F2P shooter? It's so sad 😞

Have they really? If anything, I feel like they've tried to bury Crossfire. They hyped it up early on when the deal was signed, but Xbox's silence about the game over the last couple of years has been pretty telling imo. Can't help but feel something weird went down behind the scenes.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

What is Dino shooting game? Sounds fun

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I still haven't been able to launch the game pass version of the story mode sigh ...

maybe it's a blessing.

wipeout364

There is a lot of talk in this thread about people hyping up this game. I have got to say I am on GAF pretty frequently and this hype train seems to have escaped my notice. I honestly don’t remember anyone talking about this game like it was massive game in Microsoft’s arsenal. I think there is some projection going on.

VN1X

Banned
What was Remedy even doing with that shit? MS paid them for this?

Control, Alan Wake to Korean F2P shooter? It's so sad 😞

Typical Gamepass filler.

It really is trying to emulate Netflix.

Most of the content being cheap and nasty.
Some of you really have no clue how this industry works do ya?

They made this at the behest of Smilegate who were the ones that allocated a budget and probably even development time. I doubt MS had much to do with this if anything other than a Game Pass deal.

Forsythia

So it's shit, wow, who could've predicted that. I'll try it because it's on Game Pass and because I like Remedy, but this honestly didn’t look interesting from the beginning.

Papacheeks

Banned
So it's shit, wow, who could've predicted that. I'll try it because it's on Game Pass and because I like Remedy, but this honestly didn’t look interesting from the beginning.

But like other titles like the gunk gets promoted as something for subscribers to look forward too.

Concern

This was destined to be garbage lol.

Shitty times we've hit where almost everything is released in a shitty state.

Top Bottom