• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

DonMigs85

Might be a good idea to get into XBL now. They're gonna launch on CoinExchange within the next couple weeks or so, and the coin burner and website will also release sometime in November.

Hey guys quick question, if I have a friend that buys XRP for me today, could they then send that XRP from their coin exchange account to my Exodus wallet? I ask because I’m having issues with trying to get money into my Coinbase account to switch over to Kraken so I can buy some XRP.

Donos

Hey guys quick question, if I have a friend that buys XRP for me today, could they then send that XRP from their coin exchange account to my Exodus wallet? I ask because I’m having issues with trying to get money into my Coinbase account to switch over to Kraken so I can buy some XRP.

Sure. He just needs the Exodus wallet adress.

Cmon ARK, I got faith, you gotta have a little too!

Part of me really wants to get into the BAT machine, it's so fucking dirt cheap, I can't imagine it getting lower

Donos

Question - If i want to cash out of an alt-coin should I be selling it for BTC or ETH? Or does it really matter?

You mean cash out in the sense like you hav 1000 BAT and it's crashing, you want to sell all you BAT to not loose more money? Then it doesn't matter if ETH, BTC or another alt coin. Choose the more stable one. You could change all you alts into BTC and a minute later BTC goes into a major dip.

Your money is not really "save" as long as it's not either in Tether (because it stay rather stable fixed to $) or back to fiat (like on Bitfinex or Kraken). Tether has is own special dangers but that's another story.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone use or recommend coinomi as a good mobile altcoins wallet? I don't have a desktop at home and I'd rather not download a desktop wallet at work. If I did, however, could I download it, transfers the coins to it, then uninstall as long as I have the private keys?

tzare

Guys, anyone using exodus wallet?
Just found that there are two bitcoin adresses, so not sure if that is right.
searched and found this

http://support.exodus.io/article/81-how-do-i-generate-a-new-bitcoin-address

but i did not activate anything, just sent my BTC from gdax to exodus

Does this mean i have two wallets or one with two addresses??

Also would like to know if there's any guide or easy way to calculate fees for different coins. Just to know if it is worth to day trade with small quantities.

Drifters

Guys, anyone using exodus wallet?
Just found that there are two bitcoin adresses, so not sure if that is right.
searched and found this

http://support.exodus.io/article/81-how-do-i-generate-a-new-bitcoin-address

but i did not activate anything, just sent my BTC from gdax to exodus

Does this mean i have two wallets or one with two addresses??

Also would like to know if there's any guide or easy way to calculate fees for different coins. Just to know if it is worth to day trade with small quantities.

Yes I just found that out the other day and it caused a moment of panic. Basically from what I've read, it's the first address in the book as I have moved funds on and off of that address without issue. The issue I have with Exodus is it seems to take its sweet time talking to the blockchain. I usually end up having to refresh it to make sure that the funds are deposited and sent. As for the day trading on and off wallets, the fees right now are insane and almost not worth it unless you have money dedicated to day trading.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone here vested in Ripple (XRP)? Apparently there's a big announcement to be made in a conference that's being held over the next 3 days, starting tomorrow.

What an incredible username, haha.

I have some XRP but it's a long term play. I'm not going to invest any more than I already have, so I'm just going to ride it out for a while. I like it's potential to do something that no one else is in a position to do. I just don't know if they'll ever realize it.

The presentation ended more than two hours ago and no news yet. Starting to think there won't be any, at least nothing related to the presentation.

That's a bummer if no news, the project still sounds to be an interesting one that I'll hold on to this for the long term.

The sad thing is that I was riding the antshares/NEO train from June-August to making some good money, and I haven't had another good one like this in my porfolio besides PIVX/OMG obviously not on the same level.

I just wish that damn BAT would do something. This one just makes me sound like such a broken record. LOL!

Did anyone buy into Electroneum, there appears to be a ton of hype around this token.

Sulik2

What an incredible username, haha.

I have some XRP but it's a long term play. I'm not going to invest any more than I already have, so I'm just going to ride it out for a while. I like it's potential to do something that no one else is in a position to do. I just don't know if they'll ever realize it.

I sold out my XRP. IMHO it just has too many coins in circulation to ever really go up in and value.

Drifters

I sold out my XRP. IMHO it just has too many coins in circulation to ever really go up in and value.

XRP is much like BAT in that it is a long term play. The recent news is the reason for the volume spike in the past day with the SWELL conference. I do think XRP has established a good baseline and is still a solid coin to invest in. However, like most looking for some insta-magic ala ARK and NEO, that's not the coin to go heavy on.

Drifters

Also, $50 million has moved into XML in the past 24 hours and has hit mainstream press sites now. I would not be surprised if the thing doesn't hit $0.25 in the next day or so.

Also, $50 million has moved into XML in the past 24 hours and has hit mainstream press sites now. I would not be surprised if the thing doesn't hit $0.25 in the next day or so.
That would put it ahead of Litecoin and into the top 5 market cap lol. I seriously doubt that happening.

Ha, yeah, going from .02 to .25 is not going to happen.
I mean not in a day no less.

Bittrex is asking me for personal info when creating an account. Put in fake name and address and they matched it against public records - whatever that means and wherever they are getting those public records. Their search failed to come up with a match so I need to send them ID and stuff to even be able to do anything. Not happening. Only Kraken has my ID and that was because the one site I have ever sent my ID to went under and my data was sold along with it to Kraken. I don't use Kraken. Only as a means of entry and exit of FIAT. For that it serves its purpose I guess. Sucks about Bittrex though.

Drifters

That would put it ahead of Litecoin and into the top 5 market cap lol. I seriously doubt that happening.

lol, yeah I didn't realize the market cap to price ratio before I typed that. It is fairly significant tho that the tech is working and that IBM is their partner; brave new world for blockchain.

commish

I mean not in a day no less.

Bittrex is asking me for personal info when creating an account. Put in fake name and address and they matched it against public records - whatever that means and wherever they are getting those public records. Their search failed to come up with a match so I need to send them ID and stuff to even be able to do anything. Not happening. Only Kraken has my ID and that was because the one site I have ever sent my ID to went under and my data was sold along with it to Kraken. I don't use Kraken. Only as a means of entry and exit of FIAT. For that it serves its purpose I guess. Sucks about Bittrex though.

Curious, what's your aversion to sending your personal info to Bittrex?

Curious, what's your aversion to sending your personal info to Bittrex?
I know our personal info is already out there but it is moreso a whole to do thing. I can't be bothered taking a damn selfie holding up my ID. I also honestly thought Bittrex was based in China for some reason but seems like they are USA based. Which is a plus in my books.

Cipherr

When I sell this huge batch of ARK at 2.86 or higher I will officially be even/above my portfolios value prior to the start of the alt coin dip October 1st.

My major alts were NAV, OMG, LSK and TenX, None of which have experienced the 'comeback' these other alt coins have had. They are all just super suppressed WAY below their pre-btc rally values. But I've clawed back to even purely on swing trading the entirety of the rest of my portfolio all over the place.

Now I just need this fork to happen and bump my alts back to normal or above and I can see an extreme gain for October percentage wise. But Im worried, especially about OMG and NAV. Those two might not regain all that they lost.

Drifters

When I sell this huge batch of ARK at 2.86 or higher I will officially be even/above my portfolios value prior to the start of the alt coin dip October 1st.

My major alts were NAV, OMG, LSK and TenX, None of which have experienced the 'comeback' these other alt coins have had. They are all just super suppressed WAY below their pre-btc rally values. But I've clawed back to even purely on swing trading the entirety of the rest of my portfolio all over the place.

Now I just need this fork to happen and bump my alts back to normal or above and I can see an extreme gain for October percentage wise. But Im worried, especially about OMG and NAV. Those two might not regain all that they lost.

Have you seen the infighting in the NAV community? Good grief... coupled with the fact that Bittrex maintenance is basically every day now, I dumped that shit and didn't look back.

commish

Yeah, I might bail out of NAV. I still believe it's undervalued, but it's a bit of a mess as of now.

Drifters

Yeah, I might bail out of NAV. I still believe it's undervalued, but it's a bit of a mess as of now.

The tl; dr on NAV right now is that Bittrex is down almost every day because the NavPi's that are staking are out dated and causing issues with the blockchain in running outdated code. Bittrex can't sync with the older infrastructure which is why you can't buy NAV and move to the NAV QT wallet. That said, there is also a split in the community on how staking happens which some want it like ARK while others want it kept the same. The short, it's a mess. I'm not saying its not good tech but honestly its like a sleep over and everyone wants to watch a different movie. Until they deal with their shit, it will not add value and the dev's will spend more and more time dealing with the kids than developing the product.

commish

God damn up $350+ after getting into VertCoin last week. I definitely see it as the next LTC at some point.

As I've said before, I still don't see the point of VTC. I get the ASIC resistant part of it, but I can't see it catching on over other currencies, at least not at this point in the game, because it doesn't do anything new. If LTC, BTC and VTC were all starting out today, then I can see the appeal. But at this point, I just don't know. I have a few VTC, so if it moons I'd benefit, but I still don't see a long term thing here. I guess we will see.

The tl; dr on NAV right now is that Bittrex is down almost every day because the NavPi's that are staking are out dated and causing issues with the blockchain in running outdated code. Bittrex can't sync with the older infrastructure which is why you can't buy NAV and move to the NAV QT wallet. That said, there is also a split in the community on how staking happens which some want it like ARK while others want it kept the same. The short, it's a mess. I'm not saying its not good tech but honestly its like a sleep over and everyone wants to watch a different movie. Until they deal with their shit, it will not add value and the dev's will spend more and more time dealing with the kids than developing the product.

The good news is that this sort of thing can be worked out. I hope. :)

Keyouta

Thinking of starting to invest in some alt coins. I've opened up accounts on Bittrex and Coinbase, is that a good place to start?

I'll read up and watch some videos as posted in the op and above me.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
As I've said before, I still don't see the point of VTC. I get the ASIC resistant part of it, but I can't see it catching on over other currencies, at least not at this point in the game, because it doesn't do anything new. If LTC, BTC and VTC were all starting out today, then I can see the appeal. But at this point, I just don't know. I have a few VTC, so if it moons I'd benefit, but I still don't see a long term thing here. I guess we will see.

The benefits I see are it being a junior LTC with ASIC resistant mining as you mentioned, one-click mining (something that's pretty new in the crypto AFAIK), decentralized p2p structure, and having a very solid team behind it. They're also doing well with the atomic swapping.

Top Bottom