• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Incognito said:
all interactions between larry and the funk are just amazing. loved the glare funk was giving larry at brunch.
Yeah that moment got me.

I can't remember.... why the hell is Leon still living with Larry? Did they just leave him in without much good reason because he's completely fucking awesome? I could forgive that.

Socreges said:
I can't remember.... why the hell is Leon still living with Larry? Did they just leave him in without much good reason because he's completely fucking awesome? I could forgive that.

There needs to be a reason for more Leon?

master15

Disappointing opening. As someone alluded to, situations felt extra contrived and humour was definitely forced. (Also this seems first time I can recall CYE has skipped periods of time- or at least stated doing so).

Hope this episode is a one off.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Curb is back?
cyefall.gif

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
How are Seasons 6 and 7? Been watching through from the start and I just finished Season 5 whose ending left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth

CrankyJay

Banned
GavinGT said:
....And it's the return of people getting irrationally mad at Larry for stupid things. I mean, come on, a girl has her first period in your house and you're not supposed to try to help her? What should he have done, throw her out?

Also, it looks like Cheryl will be sticking around in some capacity. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I still thought it was a great episode, though. Leon was hysterical and Larry was his same old self.

Uh, I'd be like..."Here's my phone. Call your mom/dad/nanny, and good luck."

So good to have it back. It wasn't the best, but even average Curb is great.

I hope when Larry moves to NY we still get a bit of Cheryl. I love their interactions.

CrankyJay

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
So good to have it back. It wasn't the best, but even average Curb is great.

I hope when Larry moves to NY we still get a bit of Cheryl. I love their interactions.

Not me...she's a bit played out. I want to see Larry back in the dating circuit and all the amazing potential that is there.

The best non-Cheryl scene in a previous season (Mel Brooks season):

When that girl was telling Larry that semen tastes better when men eat spicy food so he started putting hot sauce all over his food. And then his glasses were fogging up and he was getting bits of paper napkin stuck to his sweaty forehead. Fucking hilarious.

CrankyJay said:
Not me...she's a bit played out. I want to see Larry back in the dating circuit and all the amazing potential that is there.

When that girl was telling Larry that semen tastes better when men eat spicy food so he started putting hot sauce all over his food. And then his glasses were fogging up and he was getting bits of paper napkin stuck to his sweaty forehead. Fucking hilarious.
Oh I agree, single Larry is awesome, but those two have a real chemistry so I hope she doesn't just vanish now.

And yes, I think she's very hot.

Tattooth

CrankyJay said:

I watched that episode just last night and was crying with laughter.

I thought this the season opener was brilliant. Funkhouser reminded me of that reunion episode where he told that incredible joke, I hope there is more of him in this season.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ohhhhhh man I'm SOOO glad this is back!!!!

It wasn't as good as some previous episodes, but whatever even semi average curb episodes are great :).

It wasn't a huge laugh out loud moment, but I was so pleased with Jeff being jealous that everyone's getting divorces but him

run that ass into the ground

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
CrankyJay said:

That is what I am hoping for. Leon and Larry hitting New York it is gonna be great.

layzie1989 said:
It wasn't a huge laugh out loud moment, but I was so pleased with Jeff being jealous that everyone's getting divorces but him

run that ass into the ground
Suzie ripping the fuck out of him for wanting an easy divorce was even better.

MMaRsu

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Suzie ripping the fuck out of him for wanting an easy divorce was even better.

you'll get 50 %, I get 50% you take what half you want I wont even argue with you, no troubles.

I love how Leon is just sticking around, I don't think he works or does anything in particular, Cheryl brought him in but he's clung to Larry, and Larry doesn't even seem to mind. "We are lego's"

While I think that keeping Cheryl out can be good for the show...I was a little, well, surprised I guess that they ended up getting a divorce after last season. I thought that was going to be the end of their troubles...guess not! Looks like the divorce is for good this time so that's good.

Kitschkraft said:
I love how Leon is just sticking around, I don't think he works or does anything in particular, Cheryl brought him in but he's clung to Larry, and Larry doesn't even seem to mind. "We are lego's"

While I think that keeping Cheryl out can be good for the show...I was a little, well, surprised I guess that they ended up getting a divorce after last season. I thought that was going to be the end of their troubles...guess not! Looks like the divorce is for good this time so that's good.

Cheryl didnt bring in Leon. He showed up one day after his sister's family moved in with the Davids. That makes the Larry and Leon situation even more funny.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Honestly I thought this was a pretty weak episode. It had it's moments but the plot threads didn't come together in the seamless way that the best Curb episodes do, it all felt very janky. I'm sure it will get better, how could it not with Larry and Leon going on an adventure together?

Arnie

Brilliant episode, glad to see the quality bar as high as ever. Loved it when he pulled out of buying the girl's cookies, we all knew he would.

HiResDes

There was so much absurd potential with that tampon...For example maybe the girl's mom sees Larry stuffing that tampon up his nose and thinks he likes to sniff little girl's vaginae.

Really enjoyed the premiere. Not much to say that hasn't already been said in here, but that tampon scene was extremely uncomfortable, even though I know Larry was trying to do the right thing.

And Funk in the very first episode. He needs to scratch that trip to London and head to NYC with Larry and Leon. That would be the most awesome bachelor trio ever.

woodchuck

Baron Aloha said:
The tampon scene was too much.

Pretty good start to the season but I thought the ending could have been better.

I agree. I think the ending should have been Larry getting punched and having the tampon inserted in to his nose to bring the episode full circle.

Sepinwall was also saying how the Girl Scouts could have come bothered Cheryl after she moved in.

crimzonflame said:
Cheryl didnt bring in Leon. He showed up one day after his sister's family moved in with the Davids. That makes the Larry and Leon situation even more funny.

I completely forgot about that. Yeah, that is a lot more funny now that you mention it. He wasn't even a Katrina victim, lol.

rezuth

Superimposer said:
How are Seasons 6 and 7? Been watching through from the start and I just finished Season 5 whose ending left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth
Those are the best seasons.

What a great episode! You could tell they were all having shit loads of fun, especially Cheryl (which was a bit bad especially when you could see her laugh through the whole scene).

Larry, however, is a comedy machine. Holy hell, so good!

master15

rezuth said:
Those are the best seasons.

Season 2 is Curb at arguably it's best. The season is utterly amazing in terms of sheer quality, with there being practically no bad episode;

- The car salesman
- Thor
- The shrimp incident
- The doll
- Shaq
- The massage

Later seasons the quality hasn't been as good nor the scenarios as tight.

cacophony

CrankyJay said:

what episode is that? i dont remember it

edit: found it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y1FddY5qO8

Saty

Great ep. The whole bit with the lawyer 'perpetuating' the misconception that he's a jew had me laughing. You told me 'mazal tov!'.

Slime

Banned
That was so fucking good.

I hope Cheryl sticks around, but I heard she's going to be on some new ABC show this fall. Hopefully that doesn't conflict with her Curb schedule, though it probably won't because I doubt she's going to be on much anymore. She and Larry have such great chemistry that it would be a shame if she left entirely.

UV-6

Good start.

Can someone get a capture of Larry's face as the Chinese(?) maid shut the door on him. Couldn't stop laughing at that.

I watched the new episode with my wife, who recently asked me for a divorce, but we are trying to work through it. I enjoyed the episode but I'm not so sure it helped our situation. I wish I could be as positive as all of them are about getting divorced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom