• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delay to September 17

Remedy Games Acquisition by Sony Interactive Entertainment SOON
hhh.png

Blond

Banned
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Why is this dune quote making the rounds?

edit: MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima DON'T YOU LAUGH AT ME! I've seen this quote pop up like 10 times the past 24 hours)

Last edited:

Sakura

How is it tiring? Just play other stuff or take a break from gaming until it releases, simple.

They don't owe us anything.
You seem to be misunderstanding me. I'm not particularly hyped for Cyberpunk, haven't even watched a single trailer, nor do I know anything about the game.
I'm talking about these sort of excuses in general. It's fine if they have internal targets, but I wish they would just hold off on public release dates until they are sure.

GrayChild

Doom Eternal - Delayed from November to March
Last of Us 2 - Delayed from February to May
Final Fantasy VII - Delayed from March to April
Cyberpunk - Delayed from April to September

Then Capcom comes in with its big fucking black dick and is like

Resident-Evil-3-Remake-PS4-Xbox-One-1225704.jpg

April 3rd. No delays. Boom.

CDPR got scared when they saw my boy Nemmy in action. No one stands a chance against him and the CAPGODS! <3

https://www.gamesradar.com/resident-evil-3-remake-producers-promise-there-will-be-no-delay/

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It sucks, but I always just want the game to be right at release, I’ll put up with any delays. Also just looking at it, it “feels” like a Fall game. Popping in and playing as the weather stays to turn from warm to crisp.... ahhh. Gonna be some great Fall nights playing it for hours,

Fbh

I'm fine with this.
There were too many games close to each other and I couldn't afford them all.
Now I can actually consider getting FF7 Remake at launch.

GHG

You seem to be misunderstanding me. I'm not particularly hyped for Cyberpunk, haven't even watched a single trailer, nor do I know anything about the game.
I'm talking about these sort of excuses in general. It's fine if they have internal targets, but I wish they would just hold off on public release dates until they are sure.

It's software development. Shit happens, sometimes things take longer than you expect, sometimes there is feature creep, sometimes there are certain bugs that take longer to solve than expected, etc, etc.

Saying to a bunch of software developers and artists they have unlimted time and no deadline is suicide. They need to set a date to bring everyone in line and give them a good proverbial kick up the arse.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
not surprised at all. We would be seeing ads everywhere already if this decision hadn't been made a while ago. Also, I'm 100% ok with it, getting a better game this way aren't we?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was literally just joking with my friends that this will probably get delayed and then a few minutes later one of them checks the internet and sees this lol.
At least this gives nvidia more time to release the RTX 3080 Ti first.

does this mean they will be at e3?
For sure, and they'll bring Keanu Reeves to pander to the morons by telling them how breathtaking they are for accepting the delay.
Should we tell them about Valve delaying Half-Life: Alyx next? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
LMAO That's definitely next in line to get delayed til 2021 at the very least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised one bit. Been saying it since E3 2019. And once FF7R was delayed to April, Cyberpunk 2077 getting delayed was pretty much guaranteed. They did it announce the delay sooner than I was expecting though.

Either way, great news for me. All I need now is for them to announce confirmation of a next gen port for launch or early 2021 and I'll be good to play. :)

Sakura

It's software development. Shit happens, sometimes things take longer than you expect, sometimes there is feature creep, sometimes there are certain bugs that take longer to solve than expected, etc, etc.

Saying to a bunch of software developers and artists they have unlimted time and no deadline is suicide. They need to set a date to bring everyone in line and give them a good proverbial kick up the arse.
Sure. Which is why they could use internal targets. Why announce April 2020, a year beforehand? Especially when you have a track record of not meeting your release dates? Just say 2020. They would've known a couple months ago whether or not it would make April. If it was going to make it, at that point they could release a new trailer and say, hey April!!
Whatever, it's not a big deal, I just find it annoying how often games are delayed, and feel like they should stop announcing concrete release dates so far in advance.

TheSweeper

I'm really sad about this delay. Should've seen it coming but I kinda hoped that they were sure when they announced the release date. I trust CDPR, so I'm certain its the right decision but man, patience has never been a strengh of mine and I was so looking forward to playing this game.

I guess I'll start another playthrough of the Witcher then. Seems like I'll have the time.

HotPocket69

Banned
Is the FF7 remake really going to be that big?

I feel like it’s tailor made for people that grew up with the original version and anyone younger than that won’t give a shit.

Kadayi

Banned
Partly disappointed, but at the same time, the game should be polished as fuck by then, so it's all good in the long term.

Oddspeak

Not surprised, to be honest. Cyberpunk is the type of game that just screamed "one more delay."

I'm just glad it's on the other side of Summer instead of in the middle of it. Summer looks more and more like valuable "catch up" time.

Top Bottom