• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Review Thread

GoldStarz

What are the difficulty settings like? Is despair mode even fun? I like a challenge, but not a BS one that will do nothing but piss me off. :p
From what I've seen it isn't too much harder, but it's been about a year so I'm not sure if you wanna trust my memory. I do remember you get more money to upgrade yourself so that you can keep up though.

I don't understand how people like young girls in English. To me, Clementine (WD) and Nanako are unbearably bad. This is probably one of the main reasons Japanese games I like the Japanese cast.

I will play AE in English though. DR1's English cast > DR2 though.

You take that back! Nanako is perfect and so is Clementine! :////////////////

Yomidi

So excited for the game, love the Danganronpa series.

How long is it? Is it the same as the first two Danganronpas?

You take that back! Nanako is perfect and so is Clementine! :////////////////

Some of you people are crazy. I'm baffled when people don't see it my way, that Nanako is a total blight on P4G's localization. All I can think of when I hear Nanako is a grown woman sitting in her recording booth trying to sound like a little girl. "Big bro..." Bleh.

GoldStarz

I don't have an actual runtime but I'd say it's longer than 1 but shorter than 2. Definitely as long as one at the very least.

Yasumi

Banned

My cleared save file was just over 19 hours, but that was done mostly skipping any unvoiced dialog (my Japanese is still rough) and not reading the extra stuff.

LiK

Some of you people are crazy. I'm baffled when people don't see it my way, that Nanako is a total blight on P4G's localization. All I can think of when I hear Nanako is a grown woman sitting in her recording booth trying to sound like a little girl. "Big bro..." Bleh.

but who's really crazy here?! I think she did a good job. we shall agree to disagree.

Roto13

You really don't need to play DR2 before Ultra Despair Girls unless you absolutely cannot have something from chapter 1 of DR2 spoiled for you.

Verder

i was expecting 7's and still planned on getting it.

happy to see it review so well.
september is too crazy

P4DAN ,MGSV , Forza , Danganronpa AE .

Steel

Banned
You really don't need to play DR2 before Ultra Despair Girls unless you absolutely cannot have something from chapter 1 of DR2 spoiled for you.

I know very little about Another Episode, and I'm pretty sure you'll have the main twist of DR 2 spoiled if you play it.

Despair Girls was so much awesome.
I bought it at the Japanese release, and platinumed it not long after. There is some twisted sh*t in there :D Way more disturbing than what happens in the two main titles.

Have fun people, it's worth it!

Labrys

... i didn't know this was coming out so soon! i think i got it and persona 4 dancing's release dates mixed up.
i gotta hurry and finish the OT now.

ExVicis

Yes, nice to see the gameplay is solid, granted the story and the characters in the game are enough to have had me buy it so this is just a nice bonus. So hyped for when I get my preorder copy.

The best series in gaming history! Danaganronpa is great in Visual Novels and now 3rd person shooter! They should try another genre out, but I'm not sure what. Perhaps a JRPG or/and FPS?

Hektor

The best series in gaming history! Danaganronpa is great in Visual Novels and now 3rd person shooter! They should try another genre out, but I'm not sure what. Perhaps a JRPG or/and FPS?

A genre-blended FPS with hobby-grade coop campaign, multi-mode competitive e-sports, meta-growth, choice and epic Danganronpa characters would be cool.

Thoraxes

One thing I am curious about, is it Vita/PSTV compatible? I think I'd really love to play it on my TV.

Edit: I just read the previous page. My bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As if the final week of waiting for my LE to ship couldn't get any harder. Glad to hear this series continues to get great reviews.

& Feep, I will never stop reading your posts in your Byakuya voice.

Shizuka

Feep voiced Byakuya? :0

image.php

FluxWaveZ

Obvi haven't played Ultimate Despair Girls but I'm in chapter 3 of 2 and don't like anyone as much as Hina. But I still have a ways to go.

Besides, Hina's MY favorite :p

I wasn't passing judgement; I meant it's literally ironic that she's your favorite among the DR1 cast because of the subsequent games.

I could just spoiler mark what I mean since it's not really a spoiler, but it's probably best to keep that stuff to a minimum when DR:AE isn't even out yet.

Top Bottom