• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

[Import OT] Gitto Guddo

Lol Anyway getting DS3 JP is surely one of the most stupid things I did, but I'still excited. I have friday and monday off, so I'm gonna enjoy the game to it's fullest.

In. Miyazaki's sequel to my favourite game ever is a day away. Unbelievable Jeff.

I thought Luck increased your effectiveness with bleed and poison though? Not that i'm complaining, fuck that noise.

Jobbs

Banned
In. Miyazaki's sequel to my favourite game ever is a day away. Unbelievable Jeff.

I thought Luck increased your effectiveness with bleed and poison though? Not that i'm complaining, fuck that noise.

I feel a bit suspicious of luck. I don't anticipate raising it.

Mutombo

If the japanese version is out already, and the english version is already being reviewed by english folks, I just want to bet "our" version is going to be shipped a week early.

Too bad I pre-orderered the game and can't find that shop that breaks street date.

A man can wait.

Sanctuary

who gives a shit about the OT title, we are like 1 day and 7 hours~~ away from dark souls 3.

Or 503 hours if you aren't importing.

PC version maybe needed more work?
Japanese PC version isn't out till the 12th either.

We don't really know exactly why, but when it was suggested that the early copy that streamers and some have had for the last few days was an "older build", that was refuted. They could be using the time for further optimizations, and a week one patch, but that should only really apply to the PC version, not the English PS4 version. Some are just thinking the delayed English PS4 release is a matter of what looks good in the books, since FROM is the publisher in Japan, and Bamco everywhere else.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Would you have prefered the shit title that everyone suggested: A Hidetaka Miyazaki game

?
Title is fine. I'm happy you didn't go with the other title which would have led to 10+ pages of arguing whether DS2 is good or trash!

Anyhow, I took off work on Friday, so I should be able to get in 4-5 hours on Thursday, then around 8-10 hours on Friday. My bro and his girlfriend are visiting me here in Japan on Saturday, and I am super excited to see them and show them around Kyoto/Osaka...But in the back of my head, I am going to be thinking of DS3 the whole time. I definitely gotta maximize my 2 days with the game before they arrive!

And yeah, I know I shouldn't complain too much about that, as people who don't live in Japan or aren't importing will have to wait 3 more painful weeks!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, it's not coming out on the 24th in America? Goddammit, that sucks massive donkey dick.

mellow

anyone know if epicnamebro is playing the import? Would be fun to watch him play it

he said he's going to be playing the english version IIRC

I would have thought he would have been given early copy like a bunch of people in the community but I hear they're only allowed to stream 1/3 of the game before release

I'm going to wait in patient agony for the English PC version so that my first time will be just right. I need to think of what class to choose in the meantime.

Try to take eating, sleeping, drinking, and toilet breaks, Yoshichan!

Mifec

he said he's going to be playing the english version IIRC

I would have thought he would have been given early copy like a bunch of people in the community but I hear they're only allowed to stream 1/3 of the game before release

They are only allowed to put up 1/3 on YT, apparently they can stream it all, which is dumb.

Sanctuary

I'm going to wait in patient agony for the English PC version so that my first time will be just right. I need to think of what class to choose in the meantime.

Try to take eating, sleeping, drinking, and toilet breaks, Yoshichan!

What class should you play in Dark Souls 3? (I found it amusing, if not obvious)

It's spoilery, but only in the sense of starting equipment; which I'm assuming is something you were probably going to want to factor anyway.

MayMay

Banned
Really hard not to import this.. I think I might get it and then just get the PC version in English when it's out. I just need to play this Day 1.

Shouldn't be that hard to play anyways..

What class should you play in Dark Souls 3? (I found it amusing, if not obvious)

It's spoilery, but only in the sense of starting equipment; which I'm assuming is something you were probably going to want to factor anyway.
I like the Herald because it's unique, but I'm definitely not into Miracles at all. Assassin or Thief, then, perhaps leaning more towards the latter. (But the Assassin looks less scraggly... Bah! Maybe I'll embrace my inner spellsword. But I'd rather be a spelldagger.)

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man, I keep checking DS3 on my PS4 dashboard, hoping somehow that it will magically unlock early. I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight...

Stuck on the fence about what to do on my first run of DS3. Bloodborne was my first From Software game. After I beat that twice, I played DS2 and also beat it twice. Once was with a hide behind my heavy armour/big shield type of style, NG+ was a high dexterity run similar to how I played Bloodborne. I still haven't touched magic, so maybe I will run with that on DSIII? Undecided.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I know the Japanese versions of souls games have typically had English voices, Japanese everything else, but I heard that the Japanese version of bloodborne had Japanese voices patched in later. Anyone know if the Japanese version of ds3 will have English voice acting? If so, I'll probably just bite the bullet.

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before, but I'm trying to go in 100% blind for this one.

I know the Japanese versions of souls games have typically had English voices, Japanese everything else, but I heard that the Japanese version of bloodborne had Japanese voices patched in later. Anyone know if the Japanese version of ds3 will have English voice acting? If so, I'll probably just bite the bullet.

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before, but I'm trying to go in 100% blind for this one.
Yes english voices.

I feel like I already spoil enough of the first few areas. I am not going to watch that stream. Be strong! Only 1 day and ~5 hours remain!

Nuszka

Ok , so i might budge , the game is 7,500 yen on Japanese store , play asia only has cards for 3000 and 5000 ones , is this the best place to get them from ? Any other links would be helpful .

Sanctuary

i feel like being a mage is gonna be hard in the japanese version and knight and melee classes easier

I don't know really, because the Sorcerer also starts with
a ring that boosts sorcery damage
too. So if nothing else, it seems like this Sorcerer will be the strongest out of the gates that it's ever been in this series. Unless of course you count the Royal as a sorcerer (but I think that was more of a precursor to the Pryo).

For those who want to play the game early in Xbox One in English or whatever your region language is:

-Search Dark Souls 3
-In the bottom of the page, select Japan as region
-Add the game to the cart (easy to follow with Chrome and instant translation)
-Add a new billing adress from Japan (Google one) and your credit card number
-Now, this is important, before confirming purchase, use Hola! VPN or other VPN to change your location to Japan
-Confirm Payment.
-Turn Xbox One on and get to Your Game Library
-Download the game
-Prepare to Die

So I might just import this instead of waiting until forever on my PS4. Any version that has full english in it? Also, is there some way to get it digitally from Japan on my EU PS4?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just wondering about Pyro, is it gonna need Int and Faith?

Top Bottom