• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

vermadas

Finished the game today. Even though when I started playing the game initially I switched the difficulty to Apocalyptic as soon as the game gave me the ability to hit the Options menu, I only got the Steam achievement for Normal. What a gyp :(

Had a lot of fun with the game though. I skipped a lot of the sidequests and collecting to avoid burnout. The first two worlds were definitely a step up from the last two, and the unpopular
Earth
section really was as horrible as everyone says. I recognize that the first game was probably a better package overall, but the core combat mechanics in the sequel give it the edge for me. Will definitely be on my GOTY list.

daedalius

Well I beat all 100 waves of the Crucible in one sitting, and I don't think I got the reward because my 2h inventory was full :|

Wave 101 was kind of a joke; game is full on easy-mode now. Life leech Scythes + wrath leech claws (from the DLC) and I have full bars of both health and wrath at all times.

Whirlwind scythe attack crits for 28-30k, chain casting it pretty much breaks the game I think, lol. I think I would have preferred if it wasn't quite as easy to do.

malfcn

Well I beat all 100 waves of the Crucible in one sitting, and I don't think I got the reward because my 2h inventory was full :|

Wave 101 was kind of a joke; game is full on easy-mode now. Life leech Scythes + wrath leech claws (from the DLC) and I have full bars of both health and wrath at all times.

Whirlwind scythe attack crits for 28-30k, chain casting it pretty much breaks the game I think, lol. I think I would have preferred if it wasn't quite as easy to do.

Whoops..I might have got rid of those because I thought they were trash..will have to check..

voltron

So anybody know if theraes more DLC planned for DS2? And if so what sort of schedule have they talked about?

Literally any reference for DLC I could find through google related to Arguls Tomb.

I assume (and hope!) theres more robust DLC planned with more achievements and all the rest. Just a couple of huge kick ass dungeons would be rad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So anybody know if theraes more DLC planned for DS2? And if so what sort of schedule have they talked about?

Literally any reference for DLC I could find through google related to Arguls Tomb.

I assume (and hope!) theres more robust DLC planned with more achievements and all the rest. Just a couple of huge kick ass dungeons would be rad.

There are two more chunks of content coming and it seems like they will be priced at 10$ (if bought individually) so I hope they are a bit meatier than Argul's.

Dave1988

Check your Serpent Tome. It should be there attached to a message from Vulgrim.

malfcn

58359_10151226009365546_313088184_n.jpg

Consoles kicked in the nuts. Until the 7th.

So I just picked this up on Amazon and loaded it into Steam. However upon starting the game I'm getting this strange visual artifacts/glitches. I haven't kept up with the game so I have no idea if this is widely reported. Anyone have some advice?

sn00zer

Hey all just got the game from amazons $18 deal, and loved it so far....until I got 20 min and it crashes at the first ice giant...now the game is continuously crashing to desktop...any ideas?

malfcn

A lot of you have been waiting for the release of the Darksiders II Crow Armor and Scythes set. As a thank you to our awesome community and for the massive support you have given us we are offering these as a FREE unlock to everyone who owns the game.

To redeem your item you will need to log into the game between 10/12/2012 11:59am PST and 10/22/2012 11:59am PST. The items will appear within your Dragon Serpent Tome. Get full details on the Crow Armor set here: http://bit.ly/WOnjdD

Crow Armor Set FAQ:
How do I get my FREE Crow Armor set?
You simply need to log into Darksiders II between 10/12 – 10/22/2012 while connected online and the content will be sent to your Tome inbox. Simply find the nearest Tome to claim your items.

How long do I have to claim the Crow Armor set?
The Crow Armor set will only be provided to users who login during the slated time period between October 12th and October 22nd. You must claim these items via the Tome system before October 22nd, 2012.

Do I need to redeem a token or will I get an e-mail for this offer?
No. The Crow Armor set will be unlocked in game and delivered to you once you log online. You do not need a token or any e-mail details to claim the Crow Armor set. You simply need to claim the Armor and weapon set within the Tome system before October 22nd, 2012.

Once again, that is http://bit.ly/WOnjdD

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
posted these in screenshots thread

feel free to give advice on where to take changes, fairly new to doing it i personally didnt like it looking washed out

old
81902aa23ef896d5102d659ba49a3c4e33e0d0d3.jpg

new
4d382700cdeaeb2df1d0a7136c729ad7c0614ee0.jpg

Uthred

Is the PC version patched so the in game graphics setting work? If not what should I be turning on in the nVidia control panel?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What does health/wrath on execute mean?

And this game has such nice relaxing music. I'm only at the drenchfort and yeah, lovely music.

Dahbomb

What does health/wrath on execute mean?

And this game has such nice relaxing music. I'm only at the drenchfort and yeah, lovely music.
Execute is when that little icon appears on their head and you press O/B/E to finish them off. Doing that gives you Health/Wrath. Those attributes aren't that good without high execution percent.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks.

Are all the items randomized when you defeat bosses and stuff? Seems like I keep getting way better items than my level.

And what's the best place to level up? I just got the Maker's key.

K' Dash

Hey guys, I need some advice, I just bought the PC version of this and I was wondering if there's anything I can do to run this @ 60fps, I can't believe I just finished BF3 campaign on ultra settings and 4x SSAA 90% of the time with solid 60fps and this drops to the low 40's in combat, what the fuck?

Dahbomb

Thanks.

Are all the items randomized when you defeat bosses and stuff? Seems like I keep getting way better items than my level.

And what's the best place to level up? I just got the Maker's key.
Most items are randomized but some unique bosses drop legendary items that are not random. You can look them up online. Best place to level up is the crucible when you unlock it, otherwise just play the game normally.

Helscream

Banned
Just wanted to drop in and say after buying Darksiders 2 I really enjoyed the game. It really does improve the shortcomings from Darksiders 1. Boss Fights this time around are all unique and a lot more fun. I know the game seems easy, but I think its a combination of your gear quality and what difficulty you play on. Because with most RPG's good gear equals easy mode. Really hope Vigil games has the time and money to really make Darksiders 3 game. I really like the Darksiders universe and feel like there is a lot of potential.

Off to continue my NG+

Save $15 on dlc that isn't even out yet. This season pass stuff is wacky.

As soon as I reached level 15, which is when you can equip Crow Scythes, I got a new pair of possessed scythes. Seems about right.

Dave1988

Most items are randomized but some unique bosses drop legendary items that are not random. You can look them up online. Best place to level up is the crucible when you unlock it, otherwise just play the game normally.

Errr, fighting in the Crucible doesn't actually grant you any XP unless they've changed it with a recent patch.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Platinum #119 for me.

Thank fuck it's over.
Good game, but my god 2nd & 3rd World
Earth Part
/Hub Area... I get the death motif, but GAWD DAMN, my head/eyes just were longing for some color, no more fucking skulls in game for me at least for at least 2-3 months
Need to fucking recuperate.

It took me till 3rd World to hit level 30... (so 1.5 play-through, going 50 hours total for Platinum)

The best part about the damn game is a glitch or devs didn't care or wanted to players to figure it out
The weapon upgrading was fucking sweet
I spent at least 10 hours wasting my time away duping/stacking/%+ on certain categories

That shit needs to be a staple Yo'

Pics to show you the emphasis:

My Death:
VwjVZl.jpg

Scythe (Primary) Stats:
dcbltl.jpg

Glaive (Secondary) Stats:
nKDlcl.jpg

Abilities:
Q3Xt2l.jpg

Unstoppable + Teleport Slash = 1-2 hit kill
Fucking Lawl
Bring out Ghouls, refresh Wrath with-in a second
Best damage was 25,000+ in Crucible with Secondary

Posted it in Trophy/Cheevs-GAF thread, brought it here too

I have to admit the OST was amazing

It has earmwormed into my brain, I miss it already =/

Track 22 - Plains of Death will forever be burned into my soul, that guitar riff
I sometime would leave start screen to that music and doze off sometimes... so good

Soul_Pie

Just finished the game, and now listening back to the soundtrack which is exceptional. I don't see why they cut so many bits of music though. The guardian theme is the best piece in the game, and I can't find the tune that plays in the ivory citadel either. I suppose it's because of the limits of the CD format that tracks are left out, but it's still disappointing.

Anyway, really enjoyed the game despite the Earth section and the game constantly freezing up on me as well as some bloody terrible frame rate dropping.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Started the game today, and just finished the Drenchfort and talked to wotshername (the forge lady at Tristone), who told me to go look for her brother's hammer in the Shattered Forge, and to go find a guardian in the Lost Temple. Should I find the guardian first, or should I go look for the hammer first?

Nose Master

Finally getting around to this, really loathing the second realm. Should I just stop here? The "get me three of these" is getting pretty tedious, and the dungeon designs have also gotten dramatically worse.

Finally getting around to this, really loathing the second realm. Should I just stop here? The "get me three of these" is getting pretty tedious, and the dungeon designs have also gotten dramatically worse.

That's approximately where I stalled: in the second world. At first I appreciated the stark contrast between it and the first world, but the fetch quests (and having a dungeon associated with each part of the fetch quest) really started to take its toll on me. It's a shame because I was so excited for this game, too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

It doesn't really get better from there on out... The first world is the highlight of the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Next dlc is dropping Tuesday next week. Swampy jungle environment with 2 dungeons? Sounds good to me. I'll probably give the Death Rides dlc that afternoon too.

http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/adventure-abyssal-forge

Today I would like to announce the details for our second downloadable content pack.  Darksiders II: Abyssal Forge will be available to download on 30th October on Xbox LIVE online entertainment network, Playstation Network in North America and Windows PC. The European PS3 version will release a day later on the 31st October. 

The Abyssal Forge is a living machine designed to harness the unfocussed dark power of the Abyss and create the most powerful legendary weapons. The Maker who built this abomination, known only as the Mad Smith, was shunned by his own people and sealed away in the Shadow Lands with his creation. However, the forge hasn’t remained dormant all those years of captivity; it has constructed a vast army and now threatens all creation. 

The vast swamp-like Shadow Lands, added by this DLC is a new gameplay zone with an entirely new visual look, including two challenging new dungeons, new enemies to best, secrets to uncover and unique legendary loot to collect. Tailored towards the most competent Darksiders II players, the Abyssal Forge will test your mettle against the hardest enemies and puzzles yet.

The Abyssal Forge is available to download on Xbox 360 and PC worldwide as well as PS3 in North America on Tuesday 30th October. The European PS3 version will go live the next day on Wednesday 31st October. This DLC will be priced at 800 MS Points / $9.99.

Top Bottom