• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My plan for season 3:

1) First eight episodes before next year's crossover focus on fixing this shit.

2) Crossover is Crisis on Infinite Earths.

3) Rest of season drops time travel and it becomes Sliders.

Print it and send it to Guggenheim.

Deadly

Good episode but if you start thinking, there are way too many plotholes. Just going to have to enjoy it for what it is

Reverse Flash showing up with himself was so good though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great second season, Thawne Reverse Flash is the GOAT speedster of the Arrowverse.

GulAtiCa

Good episode but if you start thinking, there are way too many plotholes. Just going to have to enjoy it for what it is

Reverse Flash showing up with himself was so good though.

Well, yeah. There are many since Episode 1, Season 1. lol. Which is why I really love how season 2 just ran with the crazy and absurdity of it all. Made it much better.

I wonder for next year who we might see. If time is all fucked and collapsed on itself, they could easily have other characters from the shows, dead or alive, show up. Eobard could easily re-appear in this time version. lol

Not a Arrow watcher, but LoT S2 has been top tier out of all the shows I'm watching.

1. LoT/Arrow (based on what people have been saying)
2/3. Tied between The Flash and Supergirl

For my tastes, Arrow is the top, but LoT is right there but at the opposite end of the spectrum. An oversimplification would be Arrow is TDK trilogy-lite to LoT being Guardians of the Galaxy-lite.

ZeroX03

Banned
Man that was fantastic. I loved it. Actually cried a few times. After 16 episodes of wacky fun antics they deserved to stop and spend some times and have characters talk to themselves and or with their loved ones (similar to The Flash S1 finale being pretty low key until the last few minutes). It all worked for me. And of course they threw in a Crisis of Infinite Eobards just for fun too.

Makes sense Rip was the one to depart. He'll do better if he's not permanently on the team. It's a shame the Legion is entirely split. I wonder if Merlyn retained his memories?

Nooooooo, they actually killed off Reverse Flash.

I'll be back.

Nabs

Me when Eobard called for reinforcements

68joqH7.gif

Maddocks

Damn, was hoping for a shock like season 1 ending when they said JLA. This was a fine ending and happy everyone is kinda happy with their roles. But breaking time, Barry about to tell the legends to hold his beer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm glad that they at least called them fucking stupid. I hope the next season isn't more of the same... because otherwise they might as well just nuke the whole cast because of how incompetent they are. lol

ZeroX03

Banned
What happened to Merlyn? He wasn't in the brig.

They'd already taken him back to 2016 from when they snatched him back. So he's just chilling in his crappy apartment.

The reason they didn't show it is I think Barrowman had fewer days to shoot. They were using a double for him in scenes from afar/angles where you wouldn't see his face. Also he was written out for most of episode 15.

I'm glad that they at least called them fucking stupid. I hope the next season isn't more of the same... because otherwise they might as well just nuke the whole cast because of how incompetent they are. lol

From Phil Klemmer:
Again, season 3 is going to be totally different, it's not going to be just fixing these simple aberrations and then moving on. As our team is maturing, they're going to be — next season — faced with questions of like, ”What if putting things back to the way they were wasn't good enough?"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- So much time fuckery. I love it.
- An Army of Reverse Flashes. OMG. The Flash is gonna need to step its finale game to compete with that.
- Speaking of fine wine..a Wild Katie Cassidy Appears!
- Nate & Amaya staying. Yes!
- Rip officially passing the torch. Yes!

Good episode. And nice setup for next season. I was hoping their actions in fixing reality would lead to their next mission.

Bravo to the Legends of Tomorrow staff. This went from being a mediocre show to one of the best of the DCverse programs. Loved Season 2 from start to finish.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bravo to the Legends of Tomorrow staff. This went from being a mediocre show to one of the best of the DCverse programs. Loved Season 2 from start to finish.
I honestly hope they go back and just do what it looked like they were promising to do in the first episode of season 2 - a bunch of time cops being good at being time cops.

Such an amazing turn around from the first season, the scene with Sara and not Laurel got me in the feels. :( I think there's still room for Thawne come back, that was the "future" version of him and not the first one in 1916 wasn't it?

Deadly

Such an amazing turn around from the first season, the scene with Sara and not Laurel got me in the feels. :( I think there's still room for Thawne come back, that was the "future" version of him and not the first one in 1916 wasn't it?
Safe to assume that version was there amongst his army. But once he died they all got erased either way.

I'm sad Rip is gone :( Gotta wonder where he hopped off since time is fucked

MartyStu

Finally saw the entire thing.

Plotholes everywhere. Army of Reverse Flashes not just fucking things up immediately was fucking lame.

That said, the emotional beats all landed with tactical precision: Sara + Sara, Sara + Laurel, Nate + Nate were all pretty good.

Snart + Heatwave was the best though. That hit me right in the feels.

ZeroX03

Banned
Also with this Captain Cold being restored to the timeline, and the other one truly dead... where the hell is The Flash going to get a Leonard Snart to lead the Rogues?

Off to Earth-2 to bring in Mayor Snart?

ZeroX03

Banned
So nothing in this finale effects Flash/Arrow right?

No. You kind of have to accept that big reality altering things aren't going to affect other shows unless it's a crossover. The Legends will fix their screw up here. Just like Flash's time travel and multiverse shenanigans don't affect the other shows unless they specifically name drop Arrow (Diggle's son + Black Siren)

Deadly

Rip better not be gone-we just got him back.
I know right?! That's exactly what I thought
Finally saw the entire thing.

Plotholes everywhere. Army of Reverse Flashes not just fucking things up immediately was fucking lame.

That said, the emotional beats all landed with tactical precision: Sara + Sara, Sara + Laurel, Nate + Nate were all pretty good.

Snart + Heatwave was the best though. That hit me right in the feels.
There should have been a scene with the 2 Rory's. I mean at that point he was questioning everyone and how they treated him. Nothing was really seen that would correct his opinion and make him think otherwise.

The Light

Aren't they still in RF reality? Going back in time doesn't change the fact that RF used the spear to change reality. So didn't Sara fail?

ZeroX03

Banned
Aren't they still in RF reality? Going back in time doesn't change the fact that RF used the spear to change reality. So didn't Sara fail?

No. Time travel trumps reality changes. RF's reality never happened.

I'm not going to deny there wasn't a bunch of time wimey nonsense in these last few episodes, you just kind of have to go with the flow of things.

So nothing in this finale effects Flash/Arrow right?

Savitar is actually a velociraptor. Haha

Just caught up. Fun and wild finale. Seeing the team interact with themselves was funny. Especially Sara saying the same thing together.

Katie Cassidy....my goodness.

Next season should be pretty wild to say the least.

ZeroX03

Banned
AV Club: A- Legends Of Tomorrow saves reality but breaks time in an exciting finale
IGN: 8.9 Legends of Tomorrow wrapped up an excellent season with a satisfying, eventful finale episode.
EW: A- ”Aruba" is pretty much the culmination of all of the great work Legends of Tomorrow has done this season.
TVLine Who Died? Who Left the Team? And What Might Season 3 Look Like?

Thinking on it, that ending could've teased a version of Kamandi.

ComicBook agrees!

So is RF gone for good or not?

Of course not! He always has to exist in some form or another due to Flash. They can always use bullshit speed/time excuses to bring him back.

That said, I'd say he's semi-retired for a while. Maybe a few years. No need to overuse him, he can swing by The Flash's final season to wreak havoc.

MartyStu

AV Club: A- Legends Of Tomorrow saves reality but breaks time in an exciting finale
IGN: 8.9 Legends of Tomorrow wrapped up an excellent season with a satisfying, eventful finale episode.
EW: A- ”Aruba" is pretty much the culmination of all of the great work Legends of Tomorrow has done this season.
TVLine Who Died? Who Left the Team? And What Might Season 3 Look Like?

ComicBook agrees!

Of course not! He always has to exist in some form or another due to Flash. They can always use bullshit speed/time excuses to bring him back.

That said, I'd say he's semi-retired for a while. Maybe a few years. No need to overuse him, he can swing by The Flash's final season to wreak havoc.

I am going to call it: the team is going to run into non-speedster Thawne at some point. Maybe even go on some adventures with him.

Just saw it. The way RF died was so lame.

At least fight him a bit like the Flash did.

Fighting Reverse Flash is the problem. The story break down with any attempt at that because no one on the team can realistically do that.

The biggest mistake I think the show made this season was to not have a speedster on deck. A speedster--even a mediocre one on par with Wally from Young Justice--still allows Eobard to be dangerous, but at least somewhat countered.

Fighting Reverse Flash is the problem. The story break down with any attempt at that because no one on the team can realistically do that.

The biggest mistake I think the show made this season was to not have a speedster on deck. A speedster--even a mediocre one on par with Wally from Young Justice--still allows Eobard to be dangerous, but at least somewhat countered.

I was referring to RF vs BF.

Man if he doesn't show up for a few years then I think my interest in Flash will greatly diminish.

ZeroX03

Banned
I was referring to RF vs BF.

Man if he doesn't show up for a few years then I think my interest in Flash will greatly diminish.

If it's any consolation, The Flash can't help but lean back on S1 nostalgia because it's still stronger than anything it's got from S2 or S3.

LotusHD

Banned
Amazing finale, stuff like the Legends dying one by one was chilling despite the obviously having past selves, as was the army of Reverse Flashs.

You could nitpick the fuck out of it, but this show is great because just it goes all in on the craziness and humor this season.

Also loved that Amaya is staying, and Rip is leaving. Shame Cold couldn't come back, but it led to some nice character development for Mick.

Overall Arrow is still the more consistent season, but this season had some of the most outright enjoyable episodes out of the entire Arrowverse.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I could see Thawne showing up on The Flash again. He sorta has to be taken off the table for Legends in the short term. He was the one who set all of this in motion, so beating him is the big victory. Plus he isn't as easily taken down and "put back" as Snart, Merlyn, or Darhk. Even if you wipe Thawne's memory of what happened, he still has knowledge from the future and the ability to travel through time.

I could see Thawne showing up on The Flash again. He sorta has to be taken off the table for Legends in the short term. He was the one who set all of this in motion, so beating him is the big victory. Plus he isn't as easily taken down and "put back" as Snart, Merlyn, or Darhk. Even if you wipe Thawne's memory of what happened, he still has knowledge from the future and the ability to travel through time.

I just realized that we are back to season 2. The only RF that "exists" is the time remnant that appeared that season. That one will definitely show up a bunch of times since he and Flash did have "many battles" before 2024.

I just want Flash to have the definitive win against RF but as things are looking that will never happen.

Eddie and BF got it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why do people keep letting Merlyn go, fucking hell.

Because Barrowman is cute

It's not really the Legends place to kill people, they don't know the effect on the timestream. I'm aware they've broken that rule quite a few times. Besides, Merlyn is supposed to be a presence on Arrow so if anyone's killing him, it basically has to be someone on that show.

Top Bottom