• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

Look at the letters that have stuff dripping from them, its a hidden message.

"EAT STANDING"

This must be how they had to eat at Konami vs Media Molecule's kitchen.

It was also kinda cool to hear Kojima speak English again after a few years of what seemed like some kind of real life Wolbachia metaphor synergy.

Henkka

Banned
Hitori Nojima is a mysterious writer who has only ever written novelizations of MGS games. He wrote the novels for MGS, MGS2, Peace Walker and Phantom Pain. Nothing else. There are only text interviews with said person. While he has denied it, I think most people believe it is Hideo Kojima himself, or a ghostwriter working under his direction.

That's interesting. Was kinda hoping it would be some new guy. I lost faith in Kojima's story chops after MGSV

Jackl

OK gaf, so it's anagram time.

Death Stranding is clearly an anagram of Handstand Tiger.
Could also be Staring Dead Nth or Dad Hating Terns.

I notice the letters in the title that have strands coming off them in the promo images are EAT STING.

...which is obviously TASTE GIN.
Or A SETTING
Or GIANT SET
Or TIE ANGST
Or GAIN TEST
Or TIN GATES
Or STAG NITE

Hard Standing

Post-cataclasm survival horror maybe?

Genio88

It's the usual Konima madness, and i love it, it's gonna be on PC too right? also i don't expect it until at the very least fall 2017, but perhaps 2018 is more likely

sector4

I was keeping an eye out for Del Toro's name but didn't see it, that's a shame. I thought Kojima might get him back. No Junji Ito either, but it looks unsettling enough already. I'm super intruiged and can't wait to see what Kojima is cooking up.

It's the usual Konima madness, and i love it, it's gonna be on PC too right? also i don't expect it until at the very least fall 2017, but perhaps 2018 is more likely
If I was to guess I'd go even later, maybe late 2018 at the earliest, 2019 is when I'm expecting it.

I wonder if Reedus actually knew he was going to bear a child and have a c-section in the game.

I want to see his reaction when he saw that.

Found this stuff looking for memeable material:

https://www.amazon.com/ThanksforalltheNiceness-Fan-Art-Around-World/dp/0989637913

8105PfraT7L.jpg

Hardcover – 2014
by Norman Reedus (Author)

I got a feelin' he's into it. Down for whatever.

Elixist

awesome music and visuals, love the crowd too. "the realness!" XD
kojima dont need no strategic butt coverings, hella intrigued

duckroll

Do we know if it's a PS4 exclusive? It seems like it is but there's no mention anywhere.

PS4 and PC. Console exclusive to Sony since they're producing it. They talked about this much earlier when Kojima Productions announced their partnership with Sony.

You know this is probably gonna be an unpopular guess, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm 100% positive it will launch late summer 2016.

Then they only have a couple more months. They better get cracking.

I wonder if Reedus actually knew he was going to bear a child and have a c-section in the game.

I want to see his reaction when he saw that.

Reedus has had some fairly, ah, 'unique' stuff on his Twitter and Instagram over the years, I imagine he was probably quite up for it!

Wollan

Kojima trailers have provided my Spotify playlist with some of the best songs for the last few years. 'I'll Keep Coming' by Low Roar is good stuff.

Zaptruder

Banned
That trailer... intriguing stuff.

Feels a bit like post End of Evangelion and Kingdom Death combined.

i.e. man wakes up in mysterious empty land with hostile monsters on the bottom of the food chain.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima trailers have provided my Spotify playlist with some of the best songs for the last few years. 'I'll Keep Coming' by Low Roar is good stuff.

I'm nnnnuuuucccllleeeeaaarrrrrrrr.
I liked nuclear, this song is good too.
The trailers usually do it for me but after MGSV I can't help but be a little sceptical of how the project will turn out.

valkyre

As always, Kojima knows how to make exciting trailers and really make you wonder.

Though I just have to ask...

What was the point of Kojima mentioning this was running in real time, when he has not yet decided what game engine he is going to use??!?!

This is so weird but also so fucking cool, honestly the only thing as a Xbox owner that bums me out. I ain't even a Reedus fan either.

Kaze2212

As always, Kojima knows how to make exciting trailers and really make you wonder.

What was the point of Kojima mentioning this was running in real time, when he has not yet decided what game engine he is going to use??!?!

Pretty sure they have decided on an engine and he just decieved people in the interview to not give away that he actually has something to show.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I thought he settled on ue4?

I'm pretty sure he wanted to call it death standing, but he is Japanese..
did you rike it!? /j

They left Del Toro out! D: D: what a shame..

I'm in, but I have no idea what this is about.

Top Bottom