• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Review Thread

woigemok

Banned
Instead to post BotW pics that everybody already know how it works.

Play Death Stranding.

You will see how your posts looks foolish lol
Did I offend you with BOTW gifs? I just don't see anything dynamic adventure that you stated in your posts at all. Why it could not be explained in the video btw?

Bodatan

Banned
Did I offend you with BOTW gifs? I just don't see anything dynamic adventure that you stated in your posts at all. Why it could not be explained in the video btw?
That dude is confused with some terms about gamplay aspect of the game 😂🤣😂 dynamic adventure lmao

ethomaz

Banned
It is like I said... it is complete different from BotW but keep trying.

And BotW gifs in a Death Stranding thread? Pointless.

That dude is confused with some terms about gamplay aspect of the game 😂🤣😂 dynamic adventure lmao
I'm not confuse in any way.

You seems like confuse not knowing how DS gameplay works.

Each new delivery is like an dynamic adventure... unique and different each time.

Last edited:

Dude, it was explained to you by more people than him, unless you don't know what the word dynamic means or something? Some of the more dynamic elements include an open world LITERALLY CHANGED by the actions of other people not in your game session, like structures build, vehicles left behind, etc. Playing Death Stranding online you literally have a different experience from other people BECAUSE of what other people did, THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW AS DYNAMIC.

woigemok

Banned
I was confused too trying to comprehend who kind of dynamic he was talking about. The survival management system isn't something exclusive to DS either.

Dude, it was explained to you by more people than him, unless you don't know what the word dynamic means or something? Some of the more dynamic elements include an open world LITERALLY CHANGED by the actions of other people not in your game session, like structures build, vehicles left behind, etc. Playing Death Stranding online you literally have a different experience from other people BECAUSE of what other people did, THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW AS DYNAMIC.

Dynamics as Minecraft then.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It's a combination of elements and systems including nuance to them other games don't have. There's nuance to why it's unique that would be lost on a troll who hasn't played the fucking game.
To add if you just watch the game you will never realize how complex and unique the gameplay is.

Over the past 5 months, the Switch got 5 new exclusive titles. All of them were better received than Death Stranding. Yeah, we're really triggered.

List wars is the defining trait of the triggered, dude, why are you even in this fucking thread besides to champion Nintendo over a Sony exclusive? Is your life that pathetic?

Show the gameplay then instead of giving an excuse after excuse.

If you think showing gameplay is the same as PLAYING A GAME then you're an even bigger troll than I thought.

Last edited:
List wars is the defining trait of the triggered, dude, why are you even in this fucking thread besides to champion Nintendo over a Sony exclusive? Is your life that pathetic?

You were the one who brought up Nintendo fans being triggered over a "good game", I simply responded that it couldn't be true. If you want to equal all criticism over an encumbrance simulator as "Nintendo fanboys are salty", don't you think people should at least warn you that's retarded?

And your point about Death Stranding is?

I'm not the one calling out "Nintendrones", I simply answered it.

Last edited:
Dynamics as Minecraft gameplay structure is the correct way of talking about Death Stranding!

Good point, telling people Death Stranding is like Minecraft totally gives them a full picture of the game they'll be playing. Nothing so reductionist and stupid could be said about Breath of the Wild.

You were the one who brought up Nintendo fans being triggered over a "good game", I simply responded that it couldn't be true. If you want to equal all criticism over an encumbrance simulator as "Nintendo fanboys are salty", don't you think people should at least warn you that's retarded?

I'm not the one calling out "Nintendrones", I simply answered it.

People are legit filling the thread with gifs of Nintendo exclusives to "prove" those games are superior. How in fucking Hell can you pretend I'm some instigator of such comparisons? LITERALLY HOW?

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
Good point, telling people Death Stranding is like Minecraft totally gives them a full picture of the game they'll be playing. Nothing so reductionist and stupid could be said about Breath of the Wild.

People are legit filling the thread with gifs of Nintendo exclusives to "prove" those games are superior. How in fucking Hell can you pretend I'm some instigator of such comparisons? LITERALLY HOW?
Telling them it's a new dynamic thing instead of fetch quest Minecraft is definitely a good thing I guess.
Back to the topic about the review
gHWgIFY.png

User scored has increased a little bit from before.

Well the comparisons were at least somewhat valid, why can't you compare games? You were the one who got insanely mad over it.

Well the comparisons were at least somewhat valid, why can't you compare games? You were the one who got insanely mad over it.

Dude, a thread for a Sony exclusive is being inundated with people saying LOL NINTENDO GAME BETTER, how is this not classic console wars bullshit and totally derailing a thread that should be about the actual game in question? Most of them freely admit to not having even PLAYED Death Stranding resorting to shit like "I watched a stream of it for an hour" as if that fucking shit would fly in a thread for Breath of the Wild. They're acting in bad faith and you're responding to my responses like my responses happened in a fucking vacuum and not a reaction to ridiculous fanboyism.

BTW what were the valid comparisons between Death Stranding and FUCKING LUIGI'S MANSION 3?

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
Dude, a thread for a Sony exclusive is being inundated with people saying LOL NINTENDO GAME BETTER, how is this not classic console wars bullshit and totally derailing a thread that should be about the actual game in question? Most of them freely admit to not having even PLAYED Death Stranding resorting to shit like "I watched a stream of it for an hour" as if that fucking shit would fly in a thread for Breath of the Wild. They're acting in bad faith and you're responding to my responses like my responses happened in a fucking vacuum and not a reaction to ridiculous fanboyism.
It was announced coming to PC, you need to chill man and stop with your childish name-calling to start console warring

It was announced coming to PC, you need to chill man and stop with your childish name-calling to start console warring

No crap, I put that it's only timed in a prior post. And my name-calling is a REACTION, it didn't happen without you first posting BULLSHIT to console war. Don't play fucking dumb.

Yep he was the first to proceed with console warring by calling other Nintendo drones when people were only talking about games

Yeah it's absurd, like someone brought up a game in a videogame discussion and dude just fucking lost it.

That shit happened a lot in BOTW threads, it happens with every game and DS is a really divisive one. This Mccarthyism paranoia thing you're doing with fanboys is amazing, nobody intended to dunk on Sony or something like that. You call out Nintendrones enough and eventually we're gonna have to answer.

Kenpachii

Much like i expected it to be once it got showcased, a guy endlessly walking with avoiding stuff as much as possible.

Don't think this game will have much legs for the future. Looks boring as hell.

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
No crap, I put that it's only timed in a prior post. And my name-calling is a REACTION, it didn't happen without you first posting BULLSHIT to console war. Don't play fucking dumb.
Console war? no ones did that before you started calling people Nintendo Drones we were just comparing games that happened to be Nintendo open-world games for some reason you were offended by the comparison.

Yeah it's absurd, like someone brought up a game in a videogame discussion and dude just fucking lost it.

That shit happened a lot in BOTW threads, it happens with every game and DS is a really divisive one. This Mccarthyism paranoia thing you're doing with fanboys is amazing, nobody intended to dunk on Sony or something like that. You call out Nintendrones enough and eventually we're gonna have to answer.

Yeah you have a lot of trouble with history and the genesis of when things occurred. You're again only seeing what I said while ignoring that I'm replying to things because it's more convenient for your argument. It's a poor tactic, in bad faith and doesn't make you look good. If BOTW threads were full of retards saying x PS4 game is better I'd complain, too. That's the difference between me and you, the "innocent comparison" thing is bullshit when there's barely much to compare BOTW and Death Stranding beyond open world with some crafting which describes MOST OPEN WORLD GAMES IN THE CURRENT GEN.

Console war? no ones did that before you started calling people Nintendo Drones we were just comparing games that happened to be Nintendo open-world games for some reason you were offended by the comparison.

Because I can easily infer intent when people are comparing games that aren't actually comparable. Maybe you unironically and genuinely believe BOTW and Xenoblade are good analogues to Death Stranding's experience, after all YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED DEATH STRANDING... but you need to realize you're wrong and any misconception that you're console warring is due to how far off such comparisons are.

Yeah you have a lot of trouble with history and the genesis of when things occurred. You're again only seeing what I said while ignoring that I'm replying to things because it's more convenient for your argument. It's a poor tactic, in bad faith and doesn't make you look good. If BOTW threads were full of retards saying x PS4 game is better I'd complain, too. That's the difference between me and you, the "innocent comparison" thing is bullshit when there's barely much to compare BOTW and Death Stranding beyond open world with some crafting which describes MOST OPEN WORLD GAMES IN THE CURRENT GEN.

Dude calm down, this is not Resetera, nobody is arguing in "bad faith". Why is it bullshit to compare DS to BOTW? Would you feel the same if the comparison was about how much better DS is than BOTW? Because this is going to happen a lot in the future, I promise you.

Dude calm down, this is not Resetera, nobody is arguing in "bad faith". Why is it bullshit to compare DS to BOTW? Would you feel the same if the comparison was about how much better DS is than BOTW? Because this is going to happen a lot in the future, I promise you.

Yes, I would, I would never wonder "which game should I play, Death Stranding or Breath of the Wild? Better find out which is superior." Their similarities are shallow and surface level like telling someone Call of Duty is comparable to BioShock and that we can totally divine the superior game of the two. You don't need to post on Resetera to post in bad faith, I'm not sure if you understand what the phrase means.

Dr.Morris79

Disingenuous. IN first person shooters even if you're not shooting, you're scanning the area for potential targets, i.e you're doing something constantly. By this metric you can also call mario odyssey a walking and running sim. Both bf5 and mario have about 1000x more gameplay than poop stranded.
Easy now, your agenda is showing.

woigemok

Banned
Because I can easily infer intent when people are comparing games that aren't actually comparable. Maybe you unironically and genuinely believe BOTW and Xenoblade are good analogues to Death Stranding's experience, after all YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED DEATH STRANDING... but you need to realize you're wrong and any misconception that you're console warring is due to how far off such comparisons are.
That was the reason I asking why the heck it couldn't be explained through video form. I just posted the comparison and gifs about world interaction which I genuinely asked whether or not the same thing has been implemented in Death Stranding.

Can I help end the arguments? Both games seem boring as shit (BOTW and DS) ;>
nah but seriously, I was going to buy Death Stranding day one but really watching gameplay on twitch just doesn't do anything for me tbh... I like the music though, and I REALLY doubt playing the game myself would make me change opinion

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Because there are completely different games.
There is nothing similar in gameplay between them even if you say if I press forward it will go forward in DS not always will go forward.... so even basic controls of the gameplay are different.

Last edited:
That was the reason I asking why the heck it couldn't be explained through video form. I just posted the comparison and gifs about world interaction which I genuinely asked whether or not the same thing has been implemented in Death Stranding.

You compared building a bridge to a robot turning into a vehicle, dude. And there's plenty of streams of Death Stranding if you're genuinely interested but considering you PLAY games not WATCH games when you truly experience them you're not getting the full story via such an avenue.

blackjon24

Over the past 5 months, the Switch got 5 new exclusive titles. All of them were better received than Death Stranding. Yeah, we're really triggered.

As a switch owner I might know of one of the games you might talking about? All those games and your spending your time here hating on this game on day one, those 5 games must really be something eh

SLB1904

Banned
im offially out touch with this community.

so i decided to buy the game anyway because kojima, but after the reviews, i was i little bit disappointed.
anyway
boy what a surprise im 10... 12 hours in and im definitely on 10/10 side.

the feeling of building your first highway. im talking about futuristic highways where it goes 15meters high and shit it blew my mind.
u can literally go anywhere in some fuck up terrain
this game is insane
played bunch hours today and i cant wait to jump back in

thats all

some of you might enjoy some dont it is what it is

woigemok

Banned
You compared building a bridge to a robot turning into a vehicle, dude. And there's plenty of streams of Death Stranding if you're genuinely interested but considering you PLAY games not WATCH games when you truly experience them you're not getting the full story via such an avenue.
I'm just comparing the QOL upgraded which I think sounds similar for both games.

I'm just comparing the QOL upgraded which I think sounds similar for both games.

Yeah, again, you think constructing a permanent bridge in a game for other players to use is the same as your character becoming a vehicle to drive somewhere. It's really not worth talking to you about this unless you're going to be more intellectually honest.

Top Bottom