• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Villeneuve eyed by Legendary to helm the Dune movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

denis-villeneuve.jpg

“Blade Runner: 2049” director Denis Villeneuve looks ready to jump into another classic fixture from the sci-fi world.

Sources tell Variety that Villeneuve is in early talks to direct Legendary’s “Dune” reboot for the company. Legendary has not commented on the news.

Prior to the Thanksgiving holiday, Legendary closed a deal with the Frank Herbert estate for the rights his iconic novel, granting the production entity not only rights to film but also TV-based projects on the sci-fi property.

MY FAV DIRECTOR TO ADAPT MY FAV BOOK

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

I am legit going batshit crazy over here. No joke.

Dabanton

Amazing lift for him but in a way I hope he balances this stuff with his more dreamy movies like Enemy.

But his now the go to director for solid thoughtful movies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is GIGANTIC news. I mean seriously he's one of the very few directors that I think could actually pull off a Dune movie in this day age that was not only true to the book but a damned fine movie at that. We would all be so lucky if he came on board for this! Not too mention a Dune movie would be all the more hard hitting and relevant in this day and age with the political and social climate is looking like. Can't wait to see people unironically rooting for Jihad by Buddhist Muslims against a giant space empire oppressing them for their super drug.

Simo

"Well I just did a sequel to one of Ridley's classics and next I'll go and do one of his old projects he never finished. After that I'll do Alien and fix the fucking franchise".

Snark aside I love this news!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I hope he takes a creative break from these movies if he needs to and does another one of his style flicks. He's probably enjoying it right now, but that burnout is real.

IE: Christopher Nolan.

Raptor

"Well I just did a sequel to one of Ridley's classics and next I'll go and do one of his old projects he never finished. After that I'll do Alien and fix the fucking franchise".

Snark aside I love this news!

"And then I Will go and fix Starwars too fuck it"

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I hope he takes a creative break from these movies if he needs to and does another one of his style flicks. He's probably enjoying it right now, but that burnout is real.

IE: Christopher Nolan.
This. I love his work but return to limited means.

Also, Peter Jackson.

Cheebo

Banned
Villeneuve has talked in the past his dream movie would be directing Dune. That he loves the Herbet novels.

He said this a few months ago:
A longstanding dream of mine is to adapt “Dune,” but it’s a long process to get the rights, and I don’t think I will succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom