• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Finally got my Titan to 32. Took me almost capping weekly vanguard marks, which I haven't done in months at this point just to get the 100 plasteel platings I needed.

Crota's gonna get an ass full of rockets tomorrow

Van Owen

Banned
I disagree with the design part... it is the best boss on Destiny and of of the best I already beat in a game.

My favorite part is firing at the overleveled bullet sponge enemies in the beginning or when the knight decides to run through the shield door and start killing your team. At least they fixed it so you can't hide down below anymore though!

Wow even with the strategy that makes this trivial and despite finally downing Crota we're still at the mercy of buggy glitchy fuckery.
Isn't it sad and disappointing? When issues like this are out of our hands, it really puts a damper on the spirit. Though Bungie sure was quick on patching the cheese out of the instance! :-/

I just gave up doing boring quests. I haven't done bounties, and haven't leveled up weapons like Thorn, TLW and Hawkmoon (i'm sorry i'm not good with handcannons in pvp, though i'm going to level up the raid scout) . Haven't done nightfall or weeklies on all three characters in weeks now.

It's really fun to play with you guys and this community is the reason why I play.

That avatar is amazing! I loved the penguin with the briefcase I saw briefly yesterday too.

Love playing with you and Kartik and many others here.

Hawkian come back dude. It got a little tense there but now that there are more clears it's light again.

It was never about clearing or not clearing. HM Crota was never difficult. It's about Bungie prioritizing cheese over legitimate glitches and horrible lag, the only thing that wipes any runs anymore. No dedicated servers with terrible P2P connections.

From now on I can't keep doing runs if someone in the party has a consistent red bar, I'm convinced that's why some of the Crota insta-kills happen. No offense to anybody but it makes it unplayable when Crota isn't kneeling on my screen but is for everyone else, or insta kills you without even standing up from the first shield break, etc. etc.

E92 M3

Which is a deviation of the Queen's Wrath ship.

Never got those =/

*Checks Xur's stock*

130.gif

Does anyone actually get excited for him anymore?

I get excited for heavy ammo! I love the deal of 1 for 5.

i dunno what's up with Bungie and this ship model. it's shit and they should have more variety for the Raid ships.

It just feels like they don't do any "new development," maybe they're all focused on Destiny 2 or something.

Navy Bean

Wow even with the strategy that makes this trivial and despite finally downing Crota we're still at the mercy of buggy glitchy fuckery.
Atheon was up to all his old tricks last night - people stuck in the gate, only transporting 2 people, instant transporting... Good news is he had plenty o ships to hand out.

phen0m24

Anyone got a Gorgon HM CP I can steal this evening? Anyone want to roll through some NFs tonight? I had company in town all week and haven't had time to play. Let me know.

Dude I'm on a break
but for you whatever ya need I have the cp
:)

World's worst break taker

noomi

Need to do 2 fresh runs so i'll probably join you later

Sounds good, I can try today but only between like 3:30 - 5:30PM EST lol. I've been on destiny non stop after work for the past 3 days and I need to spend some quality time with my wife when she gets back from work.

Tomorrow would be cool also though, I know nuszka still needs his runs as well. Rubenov.

Either way, I'll be on for a few today, and tomorrow as well. Shoot me an invite whenever you see me :)

Should probably mention that Hyun Sai quit destiny in OT15 :*(

Can you tell me about this trivialization you speak of? My group is doing it tomorrow for the first time so we're curious as to strategies.

Steroyd

Atheon was up to all his old tricks last night - people stuck in the gate, only transporting 2 people, instant transporting... Good news is he had plenty o ships to hand out.

Yeah but some of those can be worked around. If any of one of the many Crota glitches happen it's practically a wipe.

Yeah I want to try again in a bit but need to make sure we aren't getting crazy lag and red bar connections. No reason to waste time and heavy synth when enemies are teleporting around the screen, the crystal doesn't spawn when you restart after a wipe, etc.

I've mentioned this many times but people getting stuck in the teleporter isn't a glitch, you have to go through one at a time. VoG glitches are exaggerated and easy to plan around. CE has glitches but I think a lot of the problems are due to lag which is much more manageable even with bad lag in VoG because the encounter design doesn't require tight timing at any point.

Yeah I want to try again in a bit but need to make sure we aren't getting crazy lag and red bar connections. No reason to waste time and heavy synth when enemies are teleporting around the screen, the crystal doesn't spawn when you restart after a wipe, etc.
Did you guys try going back to orbit and come back? Sometimes that helps.

Dude I'm on a break
but for you whatever ya need I have the cp
:)

World's worst break taker

Thanks, Pookie.

I'll be on later this evening, around 5pm Central. I'll hit you up and see if you want to roll through some content (I haven't done anything this week yet). If not, no worries, I understand the break thing.

zewone

From now on I can't keep doing runs if someone in the party has a consistent red bar, I'm convinced that's why some of the Crota insta-kills happen. No offense to anybody but it makes it unplayable when Crota isn't kneeling on my screen but is for everyone else, or insta kills you without even standing up from the first shield break, etc. etc.

This is 100% true. After my first experience of playing VoG Hard with some guy who uses his phone's internet as a means to get his PS4 online, I know first hand that one's person terrible connection ruins the whole experience for everyone.

It's a bit selfish for someone to make others put up with it.

Math knows whats up.

Can you tell me about this trivialization you speak of? My group is doing it tomorrow for the first time so we're curious as to strategies.

I can post a strat break down at some point maybe but it's almost exactly the same as normal Crota. Only difference is where to go for Ogres (bottom right tower) and the 6th and final shield break will be done when Crota enrages due to low health after the 5th sword combo.

The only thing that matters is not having red bar connections and then not getting unlucky with the disappearing sword glitch.

Holy shit, you can take 75% of Crota's health with ONE SWORD. This is hard mode btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9K_y0TtqBc

Same as normal mode Crota w/ a Lv31. Just have to get a bit lucky with Crota's aggro activation and timing of shield breaks. People have been doing this stuff from very early on with Lv31s on normal Crota, it's the same damage scaling.

HM Crota is almost identical to normal Crota as Lv31s, the "new" stuff they added can be completely avoided and ignored.

Navy Bean

Yeah but some of those can be worked around. If any of one of the many Crota glitches happen it's practically a wipe.
Very true - we just assumed they would occur and started sending an extra guy through automatically. That, and someone was shredding with corrective measure.

The Crota glitches are doom.

LiK

if you guys are lagging, go back to orbit and choose a different person with a better connection to be team leader so they're the host. that will help.

This is 100% true. After my first experience of playing VoG Hard with some guy who uses his phone's internet as a means to get his PS4 online, I know first hand that one's person terrible connection ruins the whole experience for everyone.

It's a bit selfish for someone to make others put up with it.

Yeah I do feel bad and I don't mean any offense to anybody but please keep in mind that it affects everyone and takes up everyone's time. I have no idea what causes it or how to avoid it and it fucking sucks but Bungie was too cheap to pay for dedicated servers and we play with people all around the world which doesn't help I'm sure.

Being active on voice comms, paying attention to connection bars, etc. etc. are just ways to be considerate of your fellow raiders. It only matters for the very small percentage of "serious" PvE activities like Crota when forced to be underlevled.

Rubenov

Sounds good, I can try today but only between like 3:30 - 5:30PM EST lol. I've been on destiny non stop after work for the past 3 days and I need to spend some quality time with my wife when she gets back from work.

Tomorrow would be cool also though, I know nuszka still needs his runs as well. Rubenov.

Either way, I'll be on for a few today, and tomorrow as well. Shoot me an invite whenever you see me :)

I'm down for today afternoon; leaving for Singapore tomorrow for a week

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm always up for a hard mode run if you guys need another.

Top Bottom