• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

SkylineRKR

So, just solo'd level 40 Black Garden.. I was surprised at how easy it was. The guy who came halfway through the boss fight was just a regular weaksauce Taken major. I decided to continue to finish UM too, and got shit for it.. no Imago, no exotic engram.. nothing. What a waste of time.

Hopefully they take off that extra 5% damage reduction from sunbreaker before IB. I can't think of a good reason why they put that in there. It's literally so they can survive the stuff that deads the other supers and only just. That 5% means dick in PvE

Harknesss2245

Neo Member
Hi everyone, I have a few questions about the taken king I hope they can get answered here. I just finished the story mission with Oryx which took me about 3 times. Doing this frustrating mission (and not being able to play the game for more than an hour at a time) made me realize I will never be able to raid.

My question here is that will I still be able to get competent/fun guns and armor to use in strikes and the crucible? And what would be the best way to get these? (As of right now my guardian looks like a peasant compared to most others). I played some crucible matches yesterday (the light ball mode) and I got completely torn by some guy I swear looked like Oryx's nephew or something. I understand that raid gear is a reward for the dedicated and I have no problems not having that, but I also don't appreciate getting mowed down by those guys in multiplayer.

Another more random question that I couldn't find in a google search, is there any benefit from testing guns from the armory?

Thus far I love year two way much much better than vanilla and I can see myself playing it consistently but I think thats a universal opinion.

Thanks everyone

Afrocious

Butchering my KD here getting these sword kills :(

Hope you're doing 6v6 Classic. You can go on some serious streaks with the sword there on certain maps.

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about the taken king I hope they can get answered here. I just finished the story mission with Oryx which took me about 3 times. Doing this frustrating mission (and not being able to play the game for more than an hour at a time) made me realize I will never be able to raid.

My question here is that will I still be able to get competent/fun guns and armor to use in strikes and the crucible? And what would be the best way to get these? (As of right now my guardian looks like a peasant compared to most others). I played some crucible matches yesterday (the light ball mode) and I got completely torn by some guy I swear looked like Oryx's nephew or something. I understand that raid gear is a reward for the dedicated and I have no problems not having that, but I also don't appreciate getting mowed down by those guys in multiplayer.

Another more random question that I couldn't find in a google search, is there any benefit from testing guns from the armory?

Thus far I love year two way much much better than vanilla and I can see myself playing it consistently but I think thats a universal opinion.

Thanks everyone

1) The Regicide boss and the Oryx fight in King's Fall are different aside from a certain phase.

2) Keep doing stuff in the game and gear will drop normally.

3) Testing guns in the armory raises your Gunsmith reputation, which in turns allows you to get some good guns and certain class exotics.

Hope you're doing 6v6 Classic. You can go on some serious streaks with the sword there on certain maps.

1) The Regicide boss and the Oryx fight in King's Fall are different aside from a certain phase.

3) Testing guns in the armory raises your Gunsmith reputation, which in turns allows you to get some good guns and certain class exotics.

I wasn't but i'll try that out now. Only a few more left. What do I do to get all 3 quests on one character just transfer the 3 280+ swords to the one character and grind materials?

I wasn't but i'll try that out now. Only a few more left. What do I do to get all 3 quests on one character just transfer the 3 280+ swords to the one character and grind materials?

You transfer all, but only lvl one to 280 and max out its nodes. After Shaxx gives you the exotic bounty, kill 50 majors, and 25 crucible kills. Then he gives you a mission. After that mission he tells you to collect materials, that is when you raise your other 2 swords to 280 and max out their nodes. Doing so will put you on the collect materials parts on the 2 swords

Tovarisc

For sword quest glitch to work you need to complete full questline at least once on one character. After that you can use that character and his/hers exotic sword to do glitch for 2 other swords.

Edit: Or do what BMO = GOAT said above me :b

Edit: Destiny |OT34| Time gating is true last boss

Harknesss2245

Neo Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll do just that.

Another question, would I be able to do the prior raids solo just enough to get loot like the cheddar white shader? Or is loot like that only rewarded for completing the raid.

Afrocious

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll do just that.

Another question, would I be able to do the prior raids solo just enough to get loot like the cheddar white shader? Or is loot like that only rewarded for completing the raid.

Crota's End maybe but I wouldn't try that if you're this new to the game. Otherwise, no, you won't be able to solo raids. Also, shaders drop from the final bosses anyway.

*waiting for new OT while posting in this one*

Hpwapye.gif

Omg people. Why do we always spam the last 200 posts with freak outs. It's coming soon, it just takes time to splice together my videos into TLW gif.

Sooooooooonnnnnnnn.

You transfer all, but only lvl one to 280 and max out its nodes. After Shaxx gives you the exotic bounty, kill 50 majors, and 25 crucible kills. Then he gives you a mission. After that mission he tells you to collect materials, that is when you raise your other 2 swords to 280 and max out their nodes. Doing so will put you on the collect materials parts on the 2 swords

Okay so I still need the one for my hunter, so can I go ahead and get my Solar sword first and then transfer the other two and level their nodes up full and still have the quests?

Omg people. Why do we always spam the last 200 posts with freak outs. It's coming soon, it just takes time to splice together my videos into TLW gif.

Sooooooooonnnnnnnn.

Don't worry, the first 200 posts of new OT will be spammed with new thread hype! It has to even out the Sine curve somehow :p

Top Bottom