• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did my tree company just screw me over?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Man, houses in the US always look like they're made of papier-mâché.

The conflict of whether to build a house so that it might possibly withstand horrendous weather vs making it cheap to rebuild when it’s knocked down.

Liljagare

It's a bit of money, 700-900 $, if you'd used a comission logger.

Used to own a little land, sold logs off a few times.

lunlunqq

That is still crazy. In Australia, the house is generally set at the front on the lot, I don't know who designed the layout of your place, but it seems strange.
Well, it's quite common here. Other than the zoning law which forbids houses from being set too close to the property lines, most people set their houses at middle/back part of the property to get as far away from other houses/road as possible for privacy reasons. You can pretty much do whatever in your house and nobody will hear you. ;)

Some places use foam for decorative elements so not far off.
It's just stucco, one of the commonly used exterior plaster materials.

The conflict of whether to build a house so that it might possibly withstand horrendous weather vs making it cheap to rebuild when it’s knocked down.
Well, here in New England, we don't have horrendous weather, other than heavy snowing of course. This is just a wooden house built the same way as pretty much every other houses in US. I've never seen any residential house built with any other materials than wooden frames here in US.

Top Bottom