• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Stuart444

Posted this on wtw so posting it here as well for people. :)

If anyone is curious, you'll need to pay about 1500 yen from what I saw because the points system is 500 -> 1000 -> 2000 etc. No exact numbers.

Also the points page is only working when the language is set to 日本語 for some reason. I don't really understand the error message when the language is set to English. /shrug

Stream seems to start at about 9am BST (6 days, 18 hours from time of posting). Like already mentioned, parts of the stream will be free. I'm guessing the PV will be free but the concert/performances will be paid. (could be wrong but I'd say it's a good assumption if they plan on getting an English version of the PV up again soon afterwards like with the teaser) (edit: plus from the looks of it on the actual website, it's written with Guest Talk show first then the PV and then the performance so it'd make sense for the first half of the stream to be free, the second half paid for)

Also it's only day 2 being streamed. Day 1 will have (for those curious):

Wormmon & Vmons VAs will be there.
Showings of Digimon: Our War Game and Diablomon's Counterattack (aka Revenge of Diaboromon)
Guest Talk Show
Guest Q&A session
Promotional Item presents lottery (I think it says)
Big surprise news

I keep forgetting Digimon Adventure Fes is one week away. I don't know how excited I should be.

Having looked at Wikimon recently Shoutmon and all Xross Wars Digimons flat out dont have any types.

Its actually interesting, since 02 cast Digimon also have no types. Its a current thing as well since Vmon and others were given No type- classification in Cyber Sleuth. Thats kind of odd since I do remember some old cards mention Vmon as Vaccine.

Whats even weirder that technically there exists 4 different variations of No types. Thats so stupid.

There are 6 types in all: Vaccine, Virus, Data, Free, Variable, and Unknown. Digimon seem to change between them willy-nilly sometimes.

The first three are the basic ones that have Rock-Paper-Scissors weaknesses and strengths towards one another. Free is the one some 02 Digimon fall under (and is the fourth type Cyber Sleuth uses) and it falls outside the Rock-Paper-Scissors. Variable is for Frontier Digimon so who knows where that fits. Unknown seems to be where Shoutmon falls, so he could turn out to be another type in the future.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the variations. I've never heard about that before.

PV! Please be excited!

lol.

(seriously, I think at a festival, it should be a good PV so they don't risk angering the fans in attendance)

I don't know, they seem determined to take the wind out of their own sails. :p

But I think you're right. We should be close enough to release to get something cool.

Stuart444

I don't know, they seem determined to take the wind out of their own sails. :p

But I think you're right. We should be close enough to release to get something cool.

Hehe, and like I said. I imagine if they try to blue ball people here, they will become angry and if I'm right in that it (the PV) will be shown before the stage performances then they will want it to be good to not sour the whole thing for people in attendance.

I keep forgetting Digimon Adventure Fes is one week away. I don't know how excited I should be.

There are 6 types in all: Vaccine, Virus, Data, Free, Variable, and Unknown. Digimon seem to change between them willy-nilly sometimes.

The first three are the basic ones that have Rock-Paper-Scissors weaknesses and strengths towards one another. Free is the one some 02 Digimon fall under (and is the fourth type Cyber Sleuth uses) and it falls outside the Rock-Paper-Scissors. Variable is for Frontier Digimon so who knows where that fits. Unknown seems to be where Shoutmon falls, so he could turn out to be another type in the future.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the variations. I've never heard about that before.

I meant that besides Vaccine, Data and Virus all other types seem some what related to no type.

As you mentioned Free type is neutral to Vaccine Data and Virus. I think the lore for 02 Digimon is that they are ancient Digimon, so perhaps they had not evolved with having a specific typing.

Variable which basically means that Digimon can change its typing. Only Hybrids seem to use this one.

Actually from what I heard, Unknown typing is used for dark Network bug Digimons, such as Keramon line and Apocalymon. Also sometimes this typing actually beats all other types.

And actually some Digimon just flat out have no types. This where most Babies and Xros Wars Digimon land.

And I just think that its kinda stupid that there are this many exception types, when there could have been just one neutral/no type. What I meant with variations, is that Free/Variable/Unknown/No type could have been merged into single type that didnt affect with Vaccine Data and Virus. Having 3 similiar typings is stupid.

I meant that besides Vaccine, Data and Virus all other types seem some what related to no type.

As you mentioned Free type is neutral to Vaccine Data and Virus. I think the lore for 02 Digimon is that they are ancient Digimon, so perhaps they had not evolved with having a specific typing.

Variable which basically means that Digimon can change its typing. Only Hybrids seem to use this one.

Actually from what I heard, Unknown typing is used for dark Network bug Digimons, such as Keramon line and Apocalymon. Also sometimes this typing actually beats all other types.

And actually some Digimon just flat out have no types. This where most Babies and Xros Wars Digimon land.

And I just think that its kinda stupid that there are this many exception types, when there could have been just one neutral/no type. What I meant with variations, is that Free/Variable/Unknown/No type could have been merged into single type that didnt affect with Vaccine Data and Virus. Having 3 similiar typings is stupid.

But they aren't all the same. They all behave differently towards one another, they just don't follow the conventional Rock-Paper-Scissors rules.

Like you said, Unknown are dominant over every other type. Which is probably why Apocalymon and Armagemon fall under it. Xros Wars Digimon, like Shoutmon, also appear under it, but I have a feeling some of them might change in the future. Or perhaps they are saying Shoutmon's just too cool for school. :p

Variable changes between types, which essentially has it fall under the main three, just with an added gimmick.

Free is neither effective nor ineffective towards other types. It sort of exists outside everything, hence "free". This is really the only "no type", which you are right that it should include the baby Digimon.

I can see what you mean about having too many, but merging them together sort of takes away their individual specialness. None, the type used for babies, should just be merged with Free, though. That one seems unnecessary.

But they aren't all the same. They all behave differently towards one another, they just don't follow the conventional Rock-Paper-Scissors rules.

Like you said, Unknown are dominant over every other type. Which is probably why Apocalymon and Armagemon fall under it. Xros Wars Digimon, like Shoutmon, also appear under it, but I have a feeling some of them might change in the future. Or perhaps they are saying Shoutmon's just too cool for school. :p

Variable changes between types, which essentially has it fall under the main three, just with an added gimmick.

Free is neither effective nor ineffective towards other types. It sort of exists outside everything, hence "free". This is really the only "no type", which you are right that it should include the baby Digimon.

I can see what you mean about having too many, but merging them together sort of takes away their individual specialness. None, the type used for babies, should just be merged with Free, though. That one seems unnecessary.

I suppose they do have more unique attributes to them than I remembered. But they rarely use those attributes anyway.

They havent created almost any new Free or Variable type Digimons in years. Funny enough, the only new one seems to be Banchostingmon, who can be either Free or Variable type. Even now they cant seem to decide with those types and have to use both of them. Thats little silly :p

If the types were actually used they would be fine, but they really are not. Actually this is just small issue really, attributes havent really affected a lot of things either way.

Its kinda weird, they dont create new Digimon in packs anymore. They seem to rather introduce few at a time lately. And a lot of new ones seem to be evolutions to older Digimons. I guess this is fine since last few new Digimons seem good.

I suppose they do have more unique attributes to them than I remembered. But they rarely use those attributes anyway.

They havent created almost any new Free or Variable type Digimons in years. Funny enough, the only new one seems to be Banchostingmon, who can be either Free or Variable type. Even now they cant seem to decide with those types and have to use both of them. Thats little silly :p

If the types were actually used they would be fine, but they really are not. Actually this is just small issue really, attributes havent really affected a lot of things either way.

Its kinda weird, they dont create new Digimon in packs anymore. They seem to rather introduce few at a time lately. And a lot of new ones seem to be evolutions to older Digimons. I guess this is fine since last few new Digimons seem good.

The flakiness to which they change Digimon dynamics is definitely a weak point for the franchise. They never seem to fully commit to an idea and sort of just drop it after a while. That's also sort of a strong point though, since the changes each season is what keeps Digimon interesting.

Oh Digimon, never change... or always change... or something.

If they don't complete Hikari's arc in Tri (whatever that may entail), I will be really REALLY disappointed.

She and Tailmon get shafted so badly.

But Hikari has no arc to complete to begin with.

In Adventure she just sort of served whatever purpose the writers needed in a given episode, and in 02 she just had a bunch of disjointed moments that were fine on their own, but didn't really connect to one another in any way.

I'd say that Hikari/Tailmon are the one example in Adventure where the Digimon had a lot more of an arc than the chosen child did. Tailmon has a really strong arc in Adventure. Hikari just had nothing.

But Hikari has no arc to complete to begin with.

In Adventure she just sort of served whatever purpose the writers needed in a given episode, and in 02 she just had a bunch of disjointed moments that were fine on their own, but didn't really connect to one another in any way.

I'd say that Hikari/Tailmon are the one example in Adventure where the Digimon had a lot more of an arc than the chosen child did. Tailmon has a really strong arc in Adventure. Hikari just had nothing.

You're right. Perhaps I should say, I hope they acknowledge those issues her character is shown to have in 02 and finally get her some character development.

In original Adventure I give it a pass, because she was a young child and introduced towards the end. Not to say they couldn't have done more with her, but eh, Tailmon/Vamdemon arc makes up for it.

In 02 though, they fail to follow up on any aspect of her character, whether it be "magical powers", the Dark Ocean, her dependence on Tai, or her interest in photography.

I just want some part of that acknowledged and expanded on in Tri, even if it means picture taking fun-times.

Stuart444

You're right. Perhaps I should say, I hope they acknowledge those issues her character is shown to have in 02 and finally get her some character development.

In original Adventure I give it a pass, because she was a young child and introduced towards the end. Not to say they couldn't have done more with her, but eh, Tailmon/Vamdemon arc makes up for it.

In 02 though, they fail to follow up on any aspect of her character, whether it be "magical powers", the Dark Ocean, her dependence on Tai, or her interest in photography.

I just want some part of that acknowledged and expanded on in Tri, even if it means picture taking fun-times.

In Adventure, she did get a character development episode at least which I liked. (which was also character development for Tai mind but still) when she was sick.

In 02, all those things were mentioned once (in the same episode apart from Photography at least) and then dropped. That is still the single biggest thing that pissed me off in 02 and in Adventure in general.

D3 digivices being re released (digivices from season 02)
CKzVliAUEAAEdtL.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I could get Ken's Digivice but nah I'll just stick to him instead :p Not much of a Digivice collector.

I-hate-u

Everyone was pushed aside to give Daisuke the lime light. Considering the amount of events in 02 that involved her in some way, including Ken's dark ocean, and her brother's Digimon kidnapping, she basically did nothing.

And don't get me started on the AWFUL Miyako Jogress evolution episode. Why her though?

Stuart444

And don't get me started on the AWFUL Miyako Jogress evolution episode. Why her though?

I wouldn't say that was entirely awful though the whole slapping thing was out of character for Hikari at least.

Still I'll say she got better treated for her DNA/Jogress evolution than Cody and Takeru which felt so fucking anti-climatic.

"Welp, plot dictates it's time we jogress/DNA digivolve" was basically their episode after all the build up.

Compared to both Dai/Ken and Miyako/Hikari, it just felt so anti-climatic after what I thought was some pretty good build up.

Because they were the only girls, so they were destined to be paired up. If they were actually aware of how bad Miyako's character was, you could say they paired up the most selfish person with the most selfless, which would be interesting if... you know.

Still I'll say she got better treated for her DNA/Jogress evolution than Cody and Takeru which felt so fucking anti-climatic.

"Welp, plot dictates it's time we jogress/DNA digivolve" was basically their episode after all the build up.

Compared to both Dai/Ken and Miyako/Hikari, it just felt so anti-climatic after what I thought was some pretty good build up.

The Iori and Takeru jogress just took too long to be anything but anticlimactic. It really should have happened two episodes earlier.

Yeah, it sucks that they threw out their conflict before the evolution. Especially when the conflict was sort of interesting.

We used to refer to Shakkoumon as "the teapot" (until I later learned how it was pottery based on some Japanese mythology stuff).

Haha, my brother and I used to call him Teapotmon. Glad we weren't the only ones that thought that. :p

I was expecting a dinosaur angel Digimon. You can guess how disappointed I was.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, my brother and I used to call him Teapotmon. Glad we weren't the only ones that thought that. :p

I was expecting a dinosaur angel Digimon. You can guess how disappointed I was.

I mean, the thing it's based off is a holy artifact, but it's funny that they took hard shell + holy powers and used that thing :p (I still don't like it...)

Stuart444

All of the first 4 seasons digivices where campaign simulators - at least int the UK versions - not sure about the ones after that.

Really? I never owned the anime-based ones. (actually I think I owned one of the D3s but I honestly don't remember that well) but I did own two of the original Digimon based Vpets which were just that, Vpets.

Blues was technically my brothers but I ended up playing with it more for some reason haha along with my brown one.

Good times good times.

Really? I never owned the anime-based ones. (actually I think I owned one of the D3s but I honestly don't remember that well) but I did own two of the original Digimon based Vpets which were just that, Vpets.

Blues was technically my brothers but I ended up playing with it more for some reason haha along with my brown one.

Good times good times.

Yup, I didn't know those released outside of Japan =O.

The ones I had were like that as well. (US)

Go to an area, defeat the boss, repeat. Crazy annoying beepy noises all over the place. Good times.

Shaking them all day because you were too lazy to walk around with them. Good times =D.

Pretty sure they only have Paypal for an option (unless I'm blind).

Just checked, I have a order which says "Pay later with Paypal" under the price rules part...Although their cs seems to be non-existant, I've e-mailed them twice to add a product to my pre-order...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked, I have a order which says "Pay later with Paypal" under the price rules part...Although their cs seems to be non-existant, I've e-mailed them twice to add a product to my pre-order...

Yeah I was just looking it over now. Even credit cards get charged right away. Pay later applies for items under 20k, but since it's hard to add items like you say, it would be applicable to both angels separately.

My question is how would the "pay later" option work? I don't remember seeing it when paying before. Or would you need to buy and them ask to refund and wait?

Yeah I was just looking it over now. Even credit cards get charged right away. Pay later applies for items under 20k, but since it's hard to add items like you say, it would be applicable to both angels separately.

My question is how would the "pay later" option work? I don't remember seeing it when paying before. Or would you need to buy and them ask to refund and wait?
I've used something similar on other websites before. They send you an email nearer to the release date to pay. You just click on the order and it gives you an option to pay now. I don't remember what the option was but it was definitely an option during the checkout process.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's just dandy. BIJ SOLD OUT THE ANGELS ALREADY!!! How many do they buy, like 5?? They weren't up for sale until tomorrow so I didn't bother to look. *SIGHHHHHH* Time to eBay then I guess... I COULD forward I guess via BiJ, but I'm not sure if they would take my US credit card like Amazon.jp (plus navigating can be difficult even with Google translate).

EDIT: Settled on an eBay seller, again :p Not too much more than what BiJ was selling them at and it was from the same seller (only one who has them up) sooo hopefully they'll do combined shipping. Mostly because I'm going on vacation and I just didn't want to deal with the hunt and stuff :/

New omegamon figure announced. Our war game version, tai+matt mini figures on shoulders, cloth Cape, different to the d-arts version http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000098601/

Also, tai's goggles - without the blue headband.
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/new-product-taichis-goggles.html?m=1

EDIT
- holy shit the digimon festival merch website is up http://digimon-adventure.net/fes/goods.html

Look at all this crap they want to sell us. :p

(Real talk though, that Omegamon is sweet.)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Don't feel regret from my Angel purchase as no other seller even has them up on eBay!

Oooo Omegamon :)

Don't feel regret from my Angel purchase as no other seller even has them up on eBay!

Oooo Omegamon :)

The cloth cape looks so nice...

Oh man, I'll end up buying it, won't I?

I want that damn hoodie so much, but man that price...

They certainly know what they're doing with their merchandise. Tri's not even out yet and they are probably making tons of cash off of it.

We've been had, I tell you!

I heard the original Dukemon was a great figure, so this is a good opportunity for those who missed him. Plus he can evolve from Shakkoumon so... yeah, that's cool.

And I'm digging this Omegamon design way more than the original D-Arts, I don't know what it is.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
At some point I do want to buy all of the variations too. Another case of "I wish I knew about these sooner"...

I want that damn hoodie so much, but man that price...
Yup. Wth is up with the crazy clothing prices. That hoodie doesn't even look like a high quality
one. r
Omegamon up on BiJ.
http://biginjap.com/en/completed-mo...sh-figuarts-omegamon-bokura-no-war-game-.html

I'll wait for Amazon cause Blue Fin is awesome. Hopefully Chaos Dukemon will get posted on there soon, too.

Did bluefin announce they're publishing it?

I heard the original Dukemon was a great figure, so this is a good opportunity for those who missed him. Plus he can evolve from Shakkoumon so... yeah, that's cool.

And I'm digging this Omegamon design way more than the original D-Arts, I don't know what it is.
Man I don't even collect figures and I'm buying omegamon for the second time. On a side note the re issue of wargreymon is almost half the price I paid for it... WTH

Top Bottom