• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravijah said:
QHTFG.png

Burger King Homestyle Melts. Fuck I loved those things, too bad they were only around for a limited time.

If you have a Jack In The Box around you, try a Sourdough Jack. Probably just as good.

erlim said:

Yes! Came to post this. Also other things already posted, like Surge, and Crystal Pepsi.

Also this:

cajun_mcchicken.jpg

Eventually they dropped the cajun part and went with a non-spicy sandwich. Some places still offer a "hot n spicy" mcchicken or some shit but it's never been as good as it was when it first came out.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This chips ruined me:

50255_252455403582_3219787_n.jpg

O'Boisies are O'Boisterous!
(I'd suck a dick for a bag ; ;)

tropicalfantasysoda1.jpg

I miss the 20oz. Glass Bottle Tropical Fantasy ; ;...they used to be $0.50....so good
Now they taste different =/

I forget this companies name, it had hill or farm (not turkey hill)
They made such delicious iced tea

When I was in public school, PS 34 in Greenpoint, Brooklyn (NYC), during the 1990's, they would have summer school. Afterwards from Noon till 4:00PM was VDC vacation day camp
The grocery store across the street used to sell this ; ;

For $1 you got a quart or half gallon milk carton-esque to guzzle down
Oh how I miss thee (/.\;)

I know there are some still open in California, but I really miss Shakey's Pizza. Really good pizza, mojo's, fried chicken, loaded salad bar, and huge cinnamon rolls. Fuckin bomb. I hear they are opening up new locations though, so that's promising

Also, the crunchy chicken burrito from Taco John's. HOW I MISS THEE

BlackSalad said:
I know there are some still open in California, but I really miss Shakey's Pizza. Really good pizza, mojo's, fried chicken, loaded salad bar, and huge cinnamon rolls. Fuckin bomb. I hear they are opening up new locations though, so that's promising

Also, the crunchy chicken burrito from Taco John's. HOW I MISS THEE
Skakey's. Hell yes. I've seen a few around still but it's been a looooong time. Loved that place as a kid.

gcubed

not sure its discontinued, but its impossible for me to find Franken Berry and Boo Berry cereals, and god damn are they awesome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GraveRobberX said:
This chips ruined me:

50255_252455403582_3219787_n.jpg

O'Boisies are O'Boisterous!
(I'd suck a dick for a bag ; ;)

Oh shit! I saw the name and said exactly what you said! Amazing.

fragilebroken

Neo Member
I came to post this! I'd eat a bag of cheetos and a Josta for lunch in junior high. lol

TylerD said:
Josta! I remember having a fun day in the 7th grade where we spent the day at the park and competed in games and there was a Josta truck handing out as many cans as we wanted. We always said the main ingredient was guano not guarana. That was some good stuff.

UWPbF.jpg

Looks like it was one of the first attempts at marketing an energy drink in the US.

Marleyman said:
At least around my way..I like their roast beef sandwiches much more than Arby's.

rax-04.jpg

South Ohio Represent! At Rax, it's all about the melted cheese sauce. Way better than Arby's. They used to have an awesome buffet that my grandfather would take the family to after church on Sunday from time to time. Back in those days (1992ish), you ate out once a week at MOST. Everyone was fairly skinny then, too. Oh man, I'm nostalgic.

nateeasy

Banned
The dollar store here sells soda called Josta. I dont think it is the same thing you guys are talking about though.

And we def still have Vanilla Coke and Oops All Berries Capn Crunch here. See them all the time.

doubledecker.jpg

Double Decker Pizza from Dominos or the Insider from Pizza Hut. Both were awesome.

s320x240.jpg

Old school good and fruity, with the chewy center and crunchy candy shell. Not the modern jelly bean like abortion they pass off as good and fruity's today. :(

bengraven

We still have Rice Krispy Bar cereal here.

Also, not really discontinued, but I can NEVER find the ice cream anywhere, no matter what brand name it is:

F9akf.jpg

Seraphis Cain said:
There's only 13 Rax stores left in the US. Luckily, my town has one of those 13.

Also, ours is the picture used on the Rax Wikipedia entry. Which is sorta cool.

You live in Lancaster? Im sorry. :p

discohiro

pepsi_blue.jpg

Fell in love with this soda after getting a free bottle sample at a car show.

Herbspicesoy said:
tjolk.jpg

I also miss some of the 'dirty' candy that I think was produced in a Scandinavian country. There were different kinds of candy with names as birdshit, dog farts, dirty diapers and delicious titties.
Here's a commercial of delicious titties: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6RWYio7bhs&feature=related and dog farts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHzg5Yytqyo

Man, I read this post and instantly thought of BonBon Land! One of the craziest themed parks I've ever heard about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rafbUgSXE0

Lots of my favorites have been covered already.

Pepsi Blue
Sprite Remix
TMNT pudding pies

I really really miss these. They weren't around long:

Cheetos-Pizza.jpg

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Doritos 3rd Degree Burn

doritos-3rd-degree-burn.gif

Why is it, that EVERY SINGLE TIME that Doritos finally makes a chip that actually tastes good to me, they discontinue it? Why don't they like me? ;_;

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
mr jones said:
Doritos 3rd Degree Burn

doritos-3rd-degree-burn.gif

Why is it, that EVERY SINGLE TIME that Doritos finally makes a chip that actually tastes good to me, they discontinue it? Why don't they like me? ;_;
How does this compare to the habenero flavor they have out now? I just saw it in the grocery store last week.

Tiktaalik

hahah yes PB Crisps first image.

This didn't even exist in Canada, but every time folks went to the states they always brought them back. They were fantastic.

Deku

Banned
Not really discontinued but the 'original' popcorn Chicken from KFC.

When they were first introduced in the early to mid 90s, they were these tiny fried clumps, mostly batter and skin but tasty, plentiful per serving and CHEAP!

They've morphed into deep fried chicken nuggets and you only get a few pieces if you want to pay a decent price for them.

Throavium

Triple Oceans said:
Wow, what's this some sort of an energy drink? How long ago was it in stores and how did it taste?
To me they tasted fantastic, but were a bit overpriced. Coke mixed with Coffee is nearing Monster Energy Drink status, or even Rockstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom