• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention following Wikileaks fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
Uhh, they've been accommodating the hell out of his demands since he lost.

I don't understand what the hell is going on this world. Everyone just wants to create their own reality and they go to whatever news source affirms that reality.
They have to accommodate him or did we miss the part where he had the other half of the Democratic party? Like the fact you need every single one of his voters to vote for your candidate correct? That's why they have to accommodate him and let him have his way.

It's hilarious.

During the primary many on Neogaf were saying:
"Dnc Biased? Conspiracy!"

Now it's no big deal.

I don't think it would be a surprise that DWS personally preferred Clinton, plenty of people in the party likely did. I guess the question what did they do in a professional capacity to undermine Sanders?

They have to accommodate him or did we miss the part where he had the other half of the Democratic party? Like the fact you need every single one of his voters to vote for your candidate correct? That's why they have to accommodate him and let him have his way.

"My candidate" is whoever is facing Donald Trump and if they are adopting his policies what the hell difference does it make who is implementing them? Whoever represents the party is dictated to follow their platform or risk a revolt. Obama can't suddenly decide to ban abortion or throw away environmental restrictions because his party won't allow it.

But if they have such huge power to influence the primaries, then him "bringing over independents and Republicans" etc. shouldn't matter.

Besides, didn't people say Sanders was ALSO bringing in independents?

I mean, this whole thing is basically a non-story. The DNC preferred Clinton. Well, no shit. You mean they prefer the person who's been an established, central member of their party for decades over the guy who wasn't even a member of the party until recently (and who still badmouths them at every opportunity)? Shocking.

They tried to manipulate the media? Well, yeah - that's what political parties do. That's one of their JOBS. It's the job of the media to, y'know, not fall for it.

One guy made a deeply stupid remark about a religion-based strategy that they never actually used? Looks kinda bad for that guy, but not much else.

I have yet to see much solid evidence of what the DNC actually DID, concretely, to supposedly rig these primaries in favor of Clinton.

No? It's entirely possible to believe the leaks are accurate and still think the idea that the DNC somehow "rigged" the primaries and caused Bernie to lose is laughable.
Well, that really isn't how it works is it?

For an example, HRC has an up-coming rally, DNC starts informing media on the time, schedule, if its open forum or not, etc. BS has a rally, the DNC stays silent. Or, DNC members start using their inside media contacts to get interviews setup for HRC, letting it be known certain questions are not to be asked, yet they never arrange any for BS; his team alone would be responsible for getting those op-eds created.

There is also footage out there of some of the polling stations 'mishaps', but I won't get into that. Its should be well-known how many polling stations were shut down this election season.

Trump being the RNC nominee is far and away the best thing that could have happen to HC, her fans and the DNC.

They can literally handwave anything by screaming "Racist Trump supporters" at anyone who dislikes their voting options.

This thread is the perfect example of that.

There is also footage out there of some of the polling stations 'mishaps', but I won't get into that. Its should be well-known how many polling stations were shut down this election season.

Why wouldn't this be in the e-mails then? Obviously they didn't think enough that they would be hacked judging by the language used so why stop there?

Matt

This is so fucking stupid I don't even know where to begin.

The DNC hasn't been shown to have done anything to influence the primaries. The DNC does not have the power some people seem to think it does. The DNC is a very small organization with very limited abilities, run mostly by 20 somethings before they get better jobs elsewhere.

This demonization it has experienced during this election cycle is frankly disgusting. I spent years working with the people at the DNC, trying to do good for this country. They all work constantly for largely pathetic pay out of a sense of duty to their ideals and to the United Statea.

Who the fuck are all of you to insult them, to target them, to make them objects for mockery and slander? You, who know absolutely nothing but imagine you know everything.

It seriously makes me sick.

Why wouldn't this be in the e-mails then? Obviously they didn't think enough that they would be hacked judging by the language used so why stop there?
I think that they'd think that poll tampering would be truly unrecoverable. The threshold of security for that kind of information would be higher and it would involve far fewer, but more central, figures.

Nothing in the emails is out of the ordinary for campaigns to do, it's out of bounds for the DNC to do it. Poll tampering is probably a guaranteed loss if found out. Radioactive materials require special handling.

The DNC hasn't been shown to have done anything to influence the primaries. The DNC does not have the power some people seem to think it does. The DNC is a very small organization with very limited abilities, run mostly by 20 somethings before they get better jobs elsewhere.

This demonization it has experienced during this election cycle is frankly disgusting. I spent years working with the people at the DNC, trying to do good for this country. They all work constantly for largely pathetic pay out of a sense of duty to their ideals and to the United Statea.

Who the fuck are all of you to insult them, to target them, to make them objects for mockery and slander? You, who know absolutely nothing but imagine you know everything.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Trump being the RNC nominee is far and away the best thing that could have happen to HC, her fans and the DNC.

They can literally handwave anything by screaming "Racist Trump supporters" at anyone who dislikes their voting options.

I dislike my voting options and in retrospect I wish Sanders had won because the party probably would have unified much easier and faced Trump. But now I'm facing a very terrifying reality for myself and a lot of other people if Trump wins. What can be done?

How exactly is this attitude helping?

BanGy.nz

Banned
If you support the TPP you're evil plain and simple. Kaine supports it and unless Hillary in her speech disavows and pledges to not sign and support the TPP under her administration then you can bet your last dollar that she'll support it as well.

So basically we'll wait and see what happens at the convention.

I remember when the TPP was about New Zealand opening up some markets for our dairy industry, now it's become the litmus test of progressivism in the eyes of the Internet.

Keasar

If you support the TPP you're evil plain and simple.
you're evil plain and simple.
plain and simple.
This cannot be emphasised enough.

If you vote for Trump this election, no matter what your reason might be, you might be a former Bernie supporter and don't like Hillary, you may not like Hillary, you may be a Trump supporter, you may be a Republican. You have put your voice and say you support racism, bigotry and hate. He has made absolutely no secret of what his stance is, his supporters have shown their true colors on multiple occasions throughout the year now, you choose to stand with them and I will absolutely fucking think of you like I think of the rest of them.

You are a absolute cunted dickheaded fucktarted rockgobbling twat to the rest of the world from now on.

If I don't see Trump loose and only get at the very most 20% of the votes, I know I will fling so much fucking shit at the worse half of the American people (Republicans) for fucking ever.

Did you not watch the GOP convention? There were no Republicans of power who opposed Trump besides Cruz. Are you denying the GOP has not fallen in line behind their candidate? Are you claiming Trump and a GOP Congress would be at odds? That he would veto their bills and that they would antagonize his Presidency at the cost of their own seats? Are you claiming a Trump/Pence ticket would not decimate Progressivism in the United States for literal generations due to the USSC tilting?

I think you attempt to overstate the rift between Trump and the GOP to justify your lack of opposition to him. "It won't be bad, the GOP will buffer us from his Presidency." Is that it?

But you believe you're in a suitable position to evaluate and subsequently dismiss the danger the GOP ticket poses to those who are. Have you considered your ability to advocate so loudly against backing the DNC stems from you being shielded from the results of their loss?
A lot of party elders abstained or weren't invited.

And I'm not shielded from their loss if Trump really is a fascist (But he isn't.)

Matt

How exactly is this attitude helping?
I'm just sick of this. The attacks on the DNC are just so baseless, so gross, such a product of a fucking fantasy invented by its detractors it's hard to even comprehend. Now someone is saying they could have fixed polls? HOW!? With what recources? With what staff? Through what process?

This cannot be emphasised enough.

If you vote for Trump this election, no matter what your reason might be, you might be a former Bernie supporter and don't like Hillary, you may not like Hillary, you may be a Trump supporter, you may be a Republican. You have put your voice and say you support racism, bigotry and hate. He has made absolutely no secret of what his stance is, his supporters have shown their true colors on multiple occasions throughout the year now, you choose to stand with them and I will absolutely fucking think of you like I think of the rest of them.

You are a absolute cunted dickheaded fucktarted rockgobbling twat to the rest of the world from now on.

If I don't see Trump loose and only get at the very most 20% of the votes, I know I will fling so much fucking shit at the worse half of the American people (Republicans) for fucking ever.
In that case, the interference and active HRC advocacy of the DNC should be particularly galling.

I, for one, am 250% okay with voting for a woman I have actively said would make a bad president. Because the alternative may as well be Hitler to me, as a minority.

Anybody who allows that vile man to win for any reason, you are a bad person.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I've lost a lot of respect for the Democratic Party. I don't know who I'm voting for come November

Why does everyone assume I'm voting for Trump? We have other candidates outside the two party system and I didnt explicitly rule anyone out.
It's more about putting support behind the one person that stands a chance of PREVENTING Trump. That's it.

Alrus

Ignoring the ridiculous idea that some sort of voter fraud amount in the millions happened and wasn't picked up by anyone, the DNC doesn't set up polling stations, they do not have the power to shut them down either.

Well, that really isn't how it works is it?

For an example, HRC has an up-coming rally, DNC starts informing media on the time, schedule, if its open forum or not, etc. BS has a rally, the DNC stays silent. Or, DNC members start using their inside media contacts to get interviews setup for HRC, letting it be known certain questions are not to be asked, yet they never arrange any for BS; his team alone would be responsible for getting those op-eds created.

Do we have actual evidence of those things happening and, moreover, of them making any real difference?

What I'm asking is, is there any credible evidence that any of this made an actual difference in the outcome?

As for poll tampering...come on.

I, for one, am 250% okay with voting for a woman I have actively said would make a bad president. Because the alternative may as well be Hitler to me, as a minority.

Anyone who voted for Hillary Clinton or is defending the DNC is actively responsible. Don't look now, but I think you got some invective on ya.

nel e nel

"Oh whelp I'm generally a liberal but dissatisfied with how the DNC has run things, looks like I must vote for a Tyrannical Incompetent Racist Bafoon and apparently Russian Puppet"

Cause that makes sense...

When 3rd party candidates hold less than 1% of all elected offices in the country, a vote for them is pretty much throwing a vote away.

When did the hacks allegedly occur?

All I know is, there is footage of too many uncounted ballots, because Station managers were told to use a write-in form that was subsequently discarded. And who did the ballots affect the most? Sanders.

Had to change your party from independent to Democrat? Too late, had to do it during a time frame that the party decided you had to. That affected Sanders.

Is the DNC in charge of policy like that?

Matt

All I know is, there is footage of too many uncounted ballots, because Station managers were told to use a write-in form that was subsequently discarded. And who did the ballots affect the most? Sanders.

Had to change your party from independent to Democrat? Too late, had to do it during a time frame that the party decided you had to. That affected Sanders.

This is a great example of what I'm talking about. None of what you just mentioned has anything to do with th DNC.

Keasar

In that case, the interference and active HRC advocacy of the DNC should be particularly galling.

I have some shit to say about the Democrats as well, trust me.

But no matter who the Democratic nominee is, Hillary or not, there have never been such a retarded motherfucker like Donald Trump running for President AND get nominated! He is a active fucking threat to what I love about America and my family who lives in America. I hate that Annoying Orange impersonating hairy dickhead so much and I'd be disappointed and absolutely furious if I saw him take power in the USA.

He lost less people voted for him fucking let it go.

BokehKing

Banned

This is what fascinates me, I don't know any minorities in my everyday social circle as terrified as the people on this site. I think that's what makes it jarring to some of the other posters on here as well. What we see online and the shrug of the shoulders we see offline.....maybe the people in my social circle "got theirs" so they don't care? They are successfull and have good jobs and I guess that makes them uncaring?

Trump is a racist. A person who votes for Trump is empowering that racism. No one who is a Trump supporter or on the fence about voting for him would give a damn about these leaks, as that support is indicative of a willingness to abide much worse than anything the DNC has done.

Passive aggressive attempts to call out other posters in this thread... Not cool, by the way.

This is what fascinates me, I don't know any minorities in my everyday social circle as terrified as the people on this site. I think that's what makes it jarring to some of the other posters on here as well. What we see online and the shrug of the shoulders we see offline.....maybe the people in my social circle "got theirs" so they don't care? They are successfull and have good jobs and I guess that makes them uncaring?
How many of you understand the damage a conservative SC for the next 30 years could do? How many of you care how legitimizing fear tactics against minorities like its the 80's again is ok?

Thats your answer.

A single, childless straight white dude.

If you have a wife and/or child and you vote for Trump or vote third-party you are a fucking idiot.
I'm a gay mixed breed with a kid, Trump and, more importantly, what he represents, fucking terrify me.

If he wins I'm out and never coming back.

Shredderi

I don't care who you vote, just don't fucking vote for Trump. If you (well not YOU you) make Trump the next president of the United States it will go on as one of the biggest bad jokes in history.

Kusagari

I hope Trump gets elected, nominates 3 Scalia's to the court and then Bernie and progressives sweep into the presidency and house/senate majority in 2020.

They then see every progressive law they make overturned by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional.

BokehKing

Banned
How many of you understand the damage a conservative SC for the next 30 years could do? How many of you care how legitimizing fear tactics against minorities like its the 80's again is ok?

Thats your answer.
The people I'm talking about in the post you quoted survived the 80's just fine.

Fear tactics is equating someone to Hitler no?
As far as the SC, depends, there are some things I want the SC to vote liberal on, and some things I don't want it to vote liberal on.

Crisco

Banned
All these years I made fun of conservatives who fell for Fox News propaganda, turns out the far left was even dumber and more gullible than that. You're literally letting yourself be manipulated by a disgraced pedophile and Vladimir Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom