• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you eat (Non-Soft Serve) Ice Cream with a Spoon or Fork

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Neither. Off my lover's chest.
j/k, have never attempted this, doesn't sound like a good idea tbh.
Why top of the page? Dammit!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is going to sound weird, but I try to eat a lot of things like this with a butter knife. I don't want to waste a spoon or fork which is better suited for other dishes, and live in a household with a few people so often the spoons/forks will disappear fast way before other kitchen utensils and before someone goes to wash all the dishes. So when it comes to something like ice cream I just feel using a spoon or a fork is a waste, so I just use a butter knife as I can pick it up easily with it and there's almost never an instance where we run out of butter knives before someone washes the dishes.

I expect to get weird looks coming out with that one, but for me it's simply something to cut down the unnecessary use of spoons and forks in a household setting where I have to share stuff with others, and I am not bothered at all using a butter knife for simple things like this.

Bitanator

I have eaten it with a fork out of desperation when all the spoons are gone, it is only doable if you are impatient and dig into super cold ice cream, but you should wait for it to soften up first anyways, fork is useless unless you are lazy and cannot wait to shovel ice cream in your mouth

507579954.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Who the fuck eats ice cream with a fork?

A Spork, I will allow

But a fork?

You need some help
This.

We have a spork, it works very well for ice cream. Going for a fork though is literally crazy, especially has rock solid ice cream is bad and eating ice cream just as it reaches melting point is best.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I try to avoid these nonsense threads but I feel I must take a stand here. Anyone eating ice cream with a fork is a goddamn animal and should be a sterilized. What madness have we let into this world? Despair. Despair.

My family makes fun of me all the time but really, a fork does everything a spoon can do for ice cream, including being better at cutting it and being able to pick it up and lick it. Ice Cream is solid, I'm not eating it for the pure liquid goop.
A spoon... It's not a solid. It's a frozen cream. If it were a solid, a fork wouldn't help either, you'd need an ice pick.

vern

I eat ice cream with a fork and I'm not crazy I think, maybe. Tastes better to me because you get less cold metallic taste.

Also the worst device for eating ice cream is those wooden spoons that some packs have. Like the chocolate malt cups at the ballpark. They make the ice cream taste like wood. So shit.

tanooki27

My family makes fun of me all the time but really, a fork does everything a spoon can do for ice cream, including being better at cutting it and being able to pick it up and lick it. Ice Cream is solid, I'm not eating it for the pure liquid goop.

ice cream melts pretty quick. and what about chocolate fudge? a spoon is clearly the superior ice cream utensil, cause shit can't fall through the tines.

Stopdoor

This is going to sound weird, but I try to eat a lot of things like this with a butter knife. I don't want to waste a spoon or fork which is better suited for other dishes, and live in a household with a few people so often the spoons/forks will disappear fast way before other kitchen utensils and before someone goes to wash all the dishes. So when it comes to something like ice cream I just feel using a spoon or a fork is a waste, so I just use a butter knife as I can pick it up easily with it and there's almost never an instance where we run out of butter knives before someone washes the dishes.

I expect to get weird looks coming out with that one, but for me it's simply something to cut down the unnecessary use of spoons and forks in a household setting where I have to share stuff with others, and I am not bothered at all using a butter knife for simple things like this.

I almost think this isn't a legit parody 🤔

I have eaten it with a fork out of desperation when all the spoons are gone, it is only doable if you are impatient and dig into super cold ice cream, but you should wait for it to soften up first anyways, fork is useless unless you are lazy and cannot wait to shovel ice cream in your mouth

I cannot wait to shovel ice cream in my mouth

I feel like the OP is tag-fishing. Nobody eats ice cream with a fork.

Haha, I swear it's legit, I knew GAF would be heated about it but not this one-sided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom