• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't expect big reveals at Summer Games Fest, says Geoff Keighley

Draugoth

Gold Member
geoff-keighly-summer-games-fest-2024-1.jpg

During the session, Keighley confirmed that a lot of games wouldn't be on show. Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater will not by shown, for example. Kingdom Hearts 4 is also off the table, as is The Wolf Among Us 2. Neither should we expect anything about upcoming BioShock-like shooter Judas, nor anything on future Five Nights At Freddy's games.

Keighley contrasted the Summer Game Fest with his other big show, The Game Awards, which is normally the place for reveals, he says.

"[The] Game Awards has a lot of usually big surprises - we're thankful for those - and big, new reveals. This [Summer Game Fest] is largely focused on announced stuff...

Source

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Xbox showcase is 2 days after, so any new game from an Xbox studio (Gears) is going to be there anyway.

Sony just had their SoP, if they were gonna announce a Tsushima 2 like thing, it would have been there, not at Keighley's show.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Disappointing because people were saying Sony will have new first party games at the summer game fest. I hope Kojima shows up with something.

He said the show will focus on devs going on stage and showing off their games. i think this is a good format compared to VGAs which is trailer after trailer after trailer.
So, no reason to watch. Thanks Geoff. I won't (y)
Lots of announced stuff could have gameplay demos. 1943, death stranding 2, Dragon Age Dreadwolf, Kingdom Come 2 are all due for gameplay reveals. New announcements are mostly cg trailers anyway so this isnt exactly bad news.

Lupin25

Sad K Pop GIF by KINO

How can Geoff compete with the nostalgia of e3 if he can’t pull the big guns like Wolf Among Us?

The Xbox showcase is 2 days after, so any new game from an Xbox studio (Gears) is going to be there anyway.

Sony just had their SoP, if they were gonna announce a Tsushima 2 like thing, it would have been there, not at Keighley's show.

It wouldn’t be at either. It would be the PS showcase in Sept for the Pro.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Considering how close Keighley and Sam Lake are, at the minimum I'm hoping for a trailer and/or release date for Alan Wake 2's first-of-two DLC episodes.

Mowcno

"2K to reveal new game in one of its "biggest and most beloved" franchises next month as part of Summer Game Fest."

Don't lie to me Geoff

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I like Geoff and I think The Game Awards has been great for several years now, but Summer Games Fest has been a snore every year and has been a very poor "replacement" of E3.

mdkirby

All I want (unironically) is a nice selection of decent walking simulators, with interesting stories. Some nice comfort food, weekend games, preferably with some light themes (ie not gritty/horror)

I like Geoff and I think The Game Awards has been great for several years now, but Summer Games Fest has been a snore every year and has been a very poor "replacement" of E3.
It sounds like from his perspective, TGAs are the replacement for E3 and SGF is the complimentary show, not the other way around.

Madflavor

So I expect the next Resident Evil and Tomb Raider won't be at Summer Games Fest either.

This fucking generation sucks man. It takes waaaaaay too goddamn long to make games now. Think on that next time you want to bitch about low res textures on a rock.

Kurotri

If even the hypeman himself says this the show will be the equivalent of "this could've been an e-mail"

Given how far we are into this gen I thought we might at least have one big announcement

I miss E3

I would even take days off just to watch it all

Yes I know…

c3d2800f-300c-4e6c-8285-a21eb29ebe13_text.gif

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m so glad I got to experience one of the last great E3’s. I got to play the PS4 and Xbox One before their launches. I got to play Titanfall there as well. Huge Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox areas. Food trucks between the halls.

Now it’s just shit or nothing.

Top Bottom