• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Dre Threatens To Sue Sony Over Movie That Exposes His Past Beatings Of Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexa

/inb4 they sort of fold but the movie gets leaked anyway and then they just put it up for digital distribution

Metalmarc

I didnt know about Dr Dre beating woman, but then i dont follow rap music, so thanks for bringing it to my attention Dr Dre you dipshit, soon many more will know too, kinda backfired dont you think?

Good, more people need to know about stuff like this, so it's not hidden.

Hoping Apple may backtrack on supporting him.

Grimsen

Curious to see what Apple will do if/when this airs. They can't be seen as endorsing violence against women.

Not sure if serious. Decrying does not mean endorsing.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were taking about the movie, not Dre's music.

I didnt know about Dr Dre beating woman, but then i dont follow rap music, so thanks for bringing it to my attention Dr Dre you dipshit, soon many more will know too, kinda backfired dont you think?

Good, more people need to know about stuff like this, so it's not hidden.

Hoping Apple may backtrack on supporting him.

It's not really hidden and hasn't been. Apple's known about it, and I doubt a lifetime movie on something that happened 25 years ago is going to change their mind or honestly Dre's public perception.

IrishNinja

yeah, it's pretty known at this point - dre's a legend but he's only making this worse.

Straight Outta covered a ton of ground in a few hours, those that slept because they glossed over this missed out

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it just me or do the actors look a lot like the ones in Straight Outta Compton? Quick cuts giving that impression, perhaps? Looks half decent in that regard.

Wonder if they'll have the bit where Dre allegedly shot at her and missed.

Curious to see what Apple will do if/when this airs. They can't be seen as endorsing violence against women.
Dre already put out a statement the last time this flared up when Apple bought Beats. It will amount to nothing because this has been old news for a very, very long time. Like, so old that a decade and a half plus ago Dre let Em clown him for it on his own song, and a big song at that. A song called Guilty Conscience.

Dre already put out a statement the last time this flared up when Apple bought Beats. It will amount to nothing because this has been old news for a very, very long time. Like, so old that a decade and a half plus ago Dre let Em clown him for it on his own song, and a big song at that. A song called Guilty Conscience.

The Bill Cosby allegations were old news too, until suddenly it was big news. You never know what the spark is going to be on social media that flares something up. But you're right, the movie could end up changing nothing.

The Bill Cosby allegations were old news too, until suddenly it was big news. You never know what the spark is going to be on social media that flares something up. But you're right, the movie could end up changing nothing.

The Bill cosby allegations were never really addressed, and on top of that it was a continuous stream of victims that keep popping up. Dre's behavior was inexcusable but as far as we know he's kept his nose pretty clean since then.

I may be wrong but I feel like this was brought up before and during Straight Outta Compton was in theatres. One of the criticisms of the movie was how much it sanitized the history of ALL the NWA members. I may be remembering wrong, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom