• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I had kind of forgotten about this game! I just restarted dq9 last night and I forgot how good it is. This one is gonna be so dang cool.

AmyS

Oh wow, I somehow was thinking this was going to be April 14th, but it's April 11th, and that's less than 7 hours away in Japan.

It's happening.

DKHF

Oh wow, I somehow was thinking this was going to be April 14th, but it's April 11th, and that's less than 7 hours away in Japan.

It's happening.
It's a bit more than that, about 10 hours from now (countdown is in the OP).

Played a bit of VIII 3ds tonight. This series is pure magic (save for Sugyama, there is no magic here, just sadness). Can't wait for XI news.

jennetics

Wish I could stay up and watch the livestream, especially since it's kinda doable (12:00 am CST), but man...I love me my sleep. I'll look forward to waking up to good news, I guess!

13ruce

Banned
Man, I had kind of forgotten about this game! I just restarted dq9 last night and I forgot how good it is. This one is gonna be so dang cool.

That's sentinels of the starry sky right? That game was freaking awesome one of my most favorite ds games. Game was huge and took me quite some hours before i beat it

Sugiyama is a Nanking massacre denier (aka denies mass raping and mass murder of women by Japanese troops during WW II)

Sugiyama is a garbage person, but there's definitely magic in the music for me personally.

Well that and his crazy hangups regarding music.

I have to wonder if, like the FFXV conference a couple months ago, we'll get a DQXI character or map for the new Itadaki Street in this conference (Yeah I just started playing the PS2 game, so it's hot on my mind right now)

I plan to play Zelda all night long so I might be here, but I don't really care about Dragon Quest to be honest.

Having played five different games in the series, I have finally accepted the fact that Dragon Quest is a random 7/10 JRPG franchise with nothing really special about it. A Tales Of tea.

Granted, I have only played the "not so epic" entries, and apparently DQ8 is the best one so far, so I'm willing to get the 3DS remake eventually. DQ11 looks like a glorified version of that game too, who knows.

(eeeeekkkk, am I giving DQ yet another chance?)

I plan to play Zelda all night long so I might be here, but I don't really care about Dragon Quest to be honest.

Having played five different games in the series, I have finally accepted the fact that Dragon Quest is a random 7/10 JRPG franchise with nothing really special about it. A Tales Of tea.

Granted, I have only played the "not so epic" entries, and apparently DQ8 is the best one so far, so I'm willing to get the 3DS remake eventually. DQXI looks like a glorified version of that game too, who knows.

(eeeeekkkk, am I giving DQ yet another chance?)
I take offense with you comparing the Goat to tales of

Fou-Lu

Which games have you played in the series?

Shahed

Am I the only one who isn't that big a fan of Dragon Quest music? I mean it's iconic and instantly recognizable, but I just don't think it's particularly good. It's not bad either, but it's just there like many other soundtracks but with added familiarity. The only DQ theme I remember really liking is Fly to the Heavens from Dragon Quest VIII and the odd theme from DQV that I can't recall the name of

Kanann

How are you supposed to be excited unless you see キタ━(゚∀゚)━! flying over your screen.

/s

That's the feel of going on live concert, minus some people's smell and sweat and holy shit he stomp on my foot again!

Snakeyes

Am I the only one who isn't that big a fan of Dragon Quest music? I mean it's iconic and instantly recognizable, but I just don't think it's particularly good. It's not bad either, but it's just there like many other soundtracks but with added familiarity. The only DQ theme I remember really liking is Fly to the Heavens from Dragon Quest VIII and the odd theme from DQV that I can't recall the name of

I like it but can also see what you're saying. Fits the more subdued nature of the series quite well.

1upsuper

Yeah, definitely can't agree that DQ is mediocre (yikes at that Tales of comparison) nor that the music isn't memorable. DQ is my favorite game franchise of all time. Sugiyama is clearly not a good person and nationalistic to an unhealthy degree. Erasing victims and rewriting history is abhorrent. However, DQ music is magical for me and an important part of my childhood and adolescence. I recognize that his abysmal beliefs sour the music for some, but the music, not the man, remain very important to me.

DPB

I think they're okay but the soundtracks are far too short for such lengthy games. DQVII especially, the game goes on forever but still has too few songs, about half that of the average RPG.

Dragon Quest has the best music in gaming lol.

That said, none of the games come close to eclipsing Sugiyama's best work. Space Runaway Ideon.

Strings

Huh, had no idea about Sugiyama. Guess I have to file him away under 'Artistic genius - Fucked up individual' along with Roman Polanski and the like.

True Fire

At least the Tales composers don't use the money they earn from soundtrack royalties to take out ads telling people that Japanese war crimes are fabricated for political purposes.

I've seen propaganda from anime/JRPG fans on twitter that would make this composer blush tbh.

Snakeyes

Is it safe to say they'll save the release date for the very end of the presentation? Don't feel like staying up until 2:30 AM.

Amir0x

Banned
At least the Tales composers don't use the money they earn from soundtrack royalties to take out ads telling people that Japanese war crimes are fabricated for political purposes.

oh god i wish i never heard of this

is nothing sacred left in this world.. getting to the point I just assume the worst of everyone and then hope I am surprised :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom