• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB 4TheSenses 1: Audio

BeeDog

Using screen-space reflections for "everything" is a damn good idea; I mean, even the cars' own parts are reflected! Goddamn.

shandy706

That audio will certainly do. Only drawback is that it sounds like it was recorded from a distance (when outside the car) rather than right there at the vehicle where the camera/video is at.

I like the muffled inside the car sound the most.

Edit* The wind sound/interference may be what is causing that feel for me after a few more listens. Not a bad thing at all. Well done.

rawd

iRW2oDKOrO9Iz.gif

Can you pullover and clean the windshield

Game blows away every racer in existence visually.

I have faith that the racing will be fun as well. But god almighty. That is some fantastic visuals

Can you pullover and clean the windshield

haha seriously. I wonder if that blur comes into play in the 'weather' settings. Like if you elect a very foggy/overcast weather system, does the fog/smudges build up faster. I would also expect the windshield to be absent of such artifacts at the beginning of the race, and get progressively more obscured as the race continues.

jett

D-Member
That 4THESENSES video is by far the best thing I've seen out of Driveclub. That was just spectacular.

Gestault

Am I the only one wondering how the heck those scratches got inside that wheel and brake enclosure?

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann

Your pre-E3 "embargo's up" update for 5/22: Evolve looked really cool. Driveclub felt like a very standard racing game, nothing stood out.

This is my only concern, but I feel like a preview environment makes it a little harder to assess the "pull" of something like this.

This is my only concern, but I feel like a preview environment makes it a little harder to assess the "pull" of something like this.

It's Gerstmann, nothing excites that guy. If anything, that comment gets me more excited for Evolve than worried for Driveclub.

TyrantII

If they really are calculating the spectrum diffusion of light through physical mediums to get the spectrum... That pretty damn impressive.

I feel like that some marketing fluff for a much simpler shader effect though. Still, that's not too far off subsurface scattering in some materials.

So, is this the first truly next gen console engine? Seems like it to me.

Raist

Banned
Also, looks like there's 0 tearing, so the constant one seen in the videos from a few days ago might just have been an encoding issue.

Not quite sure what the fuck this is though:

TpXSndo.png

Petals? They look really out of place. Fix this shit Evo.

Loudninja

Seems about right considering what we've seen thus far with respect to modes and whatnot. Ambition was never the big sell.

These GIFs are not doing much for me at all, besides some neat windshield stuff.
What ambition should a arcade racer have again?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What ambition should a arcade racer have again?
The preceding sentence? Something actually enticing about the club aspect which is supposed to distinguish it from every other racer on the market? They haven't really done a good job of selling anything but the visuals to me.

nib95

Banned
Seems like VideoGamer have the same concerns as me that the tracks look kind of bland to race. Wish Evo did some windy mountain tracks that climb and dip or tracks that enter towns and require navigating narrow streets. Think it's a glaring omission.

That's not what they said. They said the standard tracks (race tracks as in commonly found in sims like Forza and GT) are boring compared to the point to point tracks, as in the long tracks that have mountains, vistas, race through India, Canada etc. They said the latter are far more exciting and also said something akin to them having an almost story like progression to them.

On a side note, anyone have a link to the B-Roll footage used in the VideoGamer video, but without all the commentary?

Also, thread title should be changed. Lots of new media besides just the audio.

Loudninja

That's not what they said. They said the standard tracks (race tracks as in commonly found in sims like Forza and GT) are boring compared to the point to point tracks, as in the long tracks that have mountains, vistas, race through India, Canada etc. They said the latter are far more exciting and also said something akin to them having an almost story like progression to them.

On a side note, anyone have a link to the B-Roll footage used in the VideoGamer video, but without all the commentary?

Also, thread title should be changed. Lots of new media besides just the audio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tukq2e17sw&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom