• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Suggest a name for new club:

AG-Systems
AG-SYSTEMS
AG-SYS

one thing that is annoying me is how inconsistent the dust particle effect is on the road, even when driving on mud most of the time there is no particles flying about which makes the car seem like it is hovering. u would think the devs of motorstorm would have nailed the particle effects

the inconsistency of the dust particle effect on the road was also worrying me. It was a great concern and a clincher in whether i buy this game or not.............. .......... jesus christ almighty. How anal can you be? - I've seen it all now. Are there any normal video game enthusiast people left ?

Yeah most AAA racers have more tracks and [much more] cars. It's not a HUGE deal to me, though I wouldn't say I'm totally fine with the amount.

Car counts in most racers are much closer to DRIVECLUB than GT. For example, I don't really remember seeing many complaints about the number of cars in NFS Rivals, and that "only" had 52 cars.

viveks86

Wait what???

How the fuck can I do the challenge if I can't even create a club to unlock that damn Golf GTI???

GAHHHHH

HrVyqu.gif

Gaz_RB

I don't really care if it has a million bells and whistles.

1. Is this racing fun? Is the handling good?

2. Are the visuals beautiful?

3. Is the music good?

I don't care if it has a custom logo designer or some other extraneous crap.

This list is pretty much all I need to know about this game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Pre-ordered the PS+ edition on EU Psn when it went up. Cant wait to play this beautiful game! I have faith in Evolution won't disappoint :).

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
AG-SYS has my vote

Nope don't think I saw any info on that

Done.

Couldn't get away with the hyphen .

Now we just need a slogan:

AG SYS: A Friend in Speed

RE_Player

Pre-ordered the game through PSN and will probably get the season pass because of the "Spend 100 get $15" promotion on PSN.

VanWinkle

Car counts in most racers are much closer to DRIVECLUB than GT. For example, I don't really remember seeing many complaints about the number of cars in NFS Rivals, and that "only" had 52 cars.

To be fair, most people didn't talk about NFS Rivals period, positive or negative, lol.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good job on the OT, playboi! Already pre-ordered PS+ digital and waiting patiently to get my hands on final build.

GeoramA

Was watching a stream but it got banned. The night racing looks...real. That's all I can say. It looked fucking real.

OmegaDL50

Okay folks, I need to figure something out about this Thrustmaster T100 Wheel

t100_800x600-2.jpg

This thing looks identical to the Ferrari Red Legend wheel I bought for Gran Turismo 6, except mine has red rubber grips instead of black

ferrarirwredlegended-product3.jpg

As you can see it still has the identical plastic pedals, and the same button configuration. in fact the wheel design looks identical except for the Red grips on my wheel being black on the T100.

The T100 looks like a clone...in black without the Ferrari License.

The reason why I'm saying this is both wheels have compatibility for the PS3, other than possible internal differences with the PCB all intents they could very well be identical except the Ferrari license that my wheel has and the fact my wheel has no Force feedback.

Now here is the big question, if the internal electronics for my wheel are identical to the T100 except rumble, then it may very well be a valid alternative for someone looking for a wheel

I bought this Red Ferrari Wheel at Microcenter for $70

When Driveclub hits PS+ next week, I will plug my wheel in, If it is recognized as a T100, hopefully this is indeed the case.

the inconsistency of the dust particle effect on the road was also worrying me. It was a great concern and a clincher in whether i buy this game or not.............. .......... jesus christ almighty. How anal can you be? - I've seen it all now.

i was always only ever going to check out the ps+ version because im not into racing games but dust particles dust take away from the visual presentation of the game and i have no idea why they have done this

Applebite

Looking to buy the White PS4 + Driveclub bundle, replaced my old TV with a big 1080p compatible one recently and it looks like this'll be a good game to demonstrate it with haha.

Kumubou

That -6 day hype. This is probably the first PS4 game that's come out that I'm legitimately excited for.

To be fair, most people didn't talk about NFS Rivals period, positive or negative, lol.
I definitely have a thought about Rivals -- the game is awful. The overall world wasn't that interesting, the way the game spawned cops was awful, the game's progression was barely tuned and the forced online was a trainwreck. Which sucks, because Hot Pursuit was very good and Most Wanted was at least decent.

sector4

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if the first person interaction with the cars (walking around, popping the bonnet / hood, opening the doors, turning on the ignition) from the PS4 reveal is still a part of the game? Thanks in advance!!

Grid? PGR? NFS? Burnout? Dirt?

I can only think of GT and Forza as car collectathons.

And 55 tracks is a lot.

Since you asked,

GRID: Autosport: 79
NFS Rivals: 52
PGR4: 99 cars + 23 bikes
Burnout Paradise: 78
Dirt 3: 49

55 is a fine number in and of itself, everyone's going to settle on a few favorites and just use those exclusively anyway. It doesn't matter if there are 50 cars or 500 if you only use 10 of them. My bigger gripe is the lack of regional variety. It seems to be almost exclusively focused on European cars, and they missed out on a lot of great cars from the US and Japan. I'm sure they are working to remedy that through DLC though.

DC does have a lot more tracks than all of those other racers though.

i was always only ever going to check out the ps+ version because im not into racing games but dust particles dust take away from the visual presentation of the game and i have no idea why they have done this

I admire you're attention to detail. I'm glad I'm not a developer that has to meet your lofty standards.

I don't care what score this game gets... my only concern is if after a week or so, it might have it's hooks so deep into me, that I fold and purchase a T500RS to replace my G27.
Is there a full car list somewhere? Is it true there are no Lamborghini's in this game?
Yes, the very first post of this thread includes the car list.

Turkoop

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if the first person interaction with the cars (walking around, popping the bonnet / hood, opening the doors, turning on the ignition) from the PS4 reveal is still a part of the game? Thanks in advance!!

1-2 weeks ago, i saw an article, cant remember which site it was.
But don't except that what you wrote.
It's only for presentation

For those concerned... cars raise dust when run on dirt roads, maybe not a lot, but in those narrow roads is enough

It's a cutscene (in real time) that play at the beginning of every race

Vestax

Banned
the inconsistency of the dust particle effect on the road was also worrying me. It was a great concern and a clincher in whether i buy this game or not.............. .......... jesus christ almighty. How anal can you be? - I've seen it all now. Are there any normal video game enthusiast people left ?

You plan to be last place or something? Dust particles have you worried? Lol. Ok.

boingball

Nice OT and great title.

With the PS+ discount I will probably buy this after all. Might as well try to get $100 this month for an additional $15 cash back.

I expect it will settle for around 79 metacritic ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom