• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Resident Evil 9 will not be delayed, and it will be announced fairly soon with a release window set for January 2025

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i really really hope the game has some incredible "playlevels" like re4, instead of some boring walking simulator sections like in village.

One of the main reason why i replayed re4 like 5 times.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Here'e me hoping will be neither like Village nor like the Remakes. Keep things fresh Capcom.

Worried about the budget claims though. They should keep that in check for RE games. Pouring too much money into them is a bad idea - see RE6.

Matt_Fox

Jan 2025 would be great, you'll hopefully have the Pro out by then to help 'quality mode' look and perform the business.

I doubt it will be Open World - Resident Evil games have a formula and that would be too different. I could see some more expansive areas though, personally I'd love it if they introduced some more horde style areas with easy to kill zombies appearing in high numbers.

FingerBang

Oh man, can't wait. I've loved ALL the RE games since 7. I don't care if it's 1st person or 3rd, they've all been amazing. Need to replay Village and 4 in VR.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can't say I've high hopes for RE9, plus and acording to rumors, it's going to be the first open world RE game, which is not something I'd like \ love to see in RE games.

Thank fuck there's no Winters family anymore and all of the crap related to it. Good riddance.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Can't say I've high hopes for RE9, plus and acording to rumors, it's going to be the first open world RE game, which is not something I'd like \ love to see in RE games.

Thank fuck there's no Winters family anymore and all of the crap related to it. Good riddance.

It's the Winter's trilogy, they are gonna be there and it's gonna be first person, deal with it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
deal with it
Why on earth should I if I can just ignore the game and save money for RE game I actually want to play?
I'm not totally writing off RE9 btw... yet, cuz I haven't seen what it actually is, what it is all about, how gameplay looks like etc. etc.

Last edited:
Gaf... where market research analysts fear to tread.
lol. I always wonder why people always want anything exactly catered to their tastes and preferences.
Most sense would make to simply allow both. They should know how to do RE in both ways by now.
First Person definitely makes sense if they keep their VR affinity which they show towards both VR2 and Meta. They are practically the only third party doing so.

Day 9008 of hoping for a Sheeva cameo in a new RE game

d51252206006af32024eeb7fb61b632482170e79.gif

But since the game (RE 5) was supposedly developed and written by the KKK, I doubt it will ever happen.

Dump first person & never mention or have the Winters family show up ever again and I'll be all over it.
Do you guys mind elaborating on why you don't like the Winters stuff?

I'm genuinely asking, not a "gatcha" question.

I didn't play RE Village, and I don't think I will (Don't like first-person RE). I thought Ethan and Mia were very mediocre in 7, it would have been better if they were just bad.

Do they get worse in Village?

Last edited:

poodaddy

I'm still kinda worried about it. A lot of the news regarding 9 reminds me of the hype cycle for 6....and that's not exactly a good thing. Ambitious does not mean good, and Capcom is often at their best with more grounded, simple titles.

Color me..... cautiously intrigued.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I really, REALLY hope it's not open-world as some of the rumors have suggested. Would make me immediately uninterested in the game.

MiguelItUp

I'm torn. I still really want an over the shoulder RE engine remake of RE1. But I also want 9 to see where everything goes, I just hope it's good. I thought Village was fine but a lot of it felt oddly on rails or something to me.

SHA

Fictional Japanese characters are assets, not a form of organic life.

Last edited:

Edellus

I really love the story in the Village. I wonder if this is going to be directly related to the previous game.
I can see them doing something with what was revealed of those BSAA soldiers actually being bio weapons. If so, I imagine Chris being the main protagonist this time. Also hopefully Jill will be there too.

Personally, I'm always rooting for having Jill as the main protagonist.

I am indifferent about the IP taking a new direction. As far as I am concened the remakes for 3 and 4 are the best games in the franchise since the inception of the franchise. The newer titles have been difficult to replay due to being too drawn out and lacking in entertaining gameplay mechanics. I have high hopes for the next Remake on the other hand.
I only wish they would make proper RE3, but well the rest was golden.
Resident Evil 3 Remake is the peak of what the IP can attain in terms of narrative and gameplay. Original Resident Evil 3 is so trash it makes Code Veronica's mediocrity look like a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Sheeva is great and she needs to comback in future traditional RE games as the main character instead of Chris.

Do you guys mind elaborating on why you don't like the Winters stuff? I'm genuinely asking, not a "gatcha" question.
Sure. They're very bland, extremely mediocre, completely uninteresting, terribly written and there's just absolutely nothing to like about them at all, even from the visual standpoint. I'd say more, but it's relatated to the ending of RE Village so I won't.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Since RE2:MAKE the most reliably great game series (yeah, even RE3:MAKE) despite multiple creative teams enabling frequent releases. RE7 was decent but didn’t compel me to replay it, shitty slime monsters and kinda lost its mojo after ending Jack Baker’s human form.

The open world rumour’s my greatest fear for the next game, hopefully it’s just an evolution of RE8 and RE4’s interconnected villages, not something that takes a 10-20 hours first playthrough up to 50-60 hours+

Edellus

d51252206006af32024eeb7fb61b632482170e79.gif

But since the game (RE 5) was supposedly developed and written by the KKK, I doubt it will ever happen.

Do you guys mind elaborating on why you don't like the Winters stuff?

I'm genuinely asking, not a "gatcha" question.

I didn't play RE Village, and I don't think I will (Don't like first-person RE). I thought Ethan and Mia were very mediocre in 7, it would have been better if they were just bad.

Do they get worse in Village?
They updated the game a while ago to include an optional 3rd person perspective.

I didn't care much for the Winters family in RE7, but they grew on me a bit in RE8, particularly Ethan. The DLC is quite nice from a character perspective too and ties everything up with some imagination left for a possible future.

I played RE8 4 times and platinumed it. I guess I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and I recommend it. Specially in VR.

Muffdraul

If 9 is first person, I won't slit my wrists or anything. But I liked 7 and 8 despite them being first person, not because of it. The third person update to 8 makes me think they heard the fanbase and maybe they'll make first and third selectable options in all new REs going forward.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Wishes:
-Be done with Ethan and Rose story
-Bring back Jill or Leon (or Rebecca) as main character
-Give option for first or third person. Make use of both throughout the game to achieve best scares.

That’s it. I prefer third person RE.

Perrott

Gold Member
I'm torn. I still really want an over the shoulder RE engine remake of RE1. But I also want 9 to see where everything goes, I just hope it's good. I thought Village was fine but a lot of it felt oddly on rails or something to me.
That's supposedly the next Resident Evil to come after Apocalypse (RE9), planned for the FY ending in March 2026.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
just have both perspectives. but build it in TPV as primary so it's high quality. games that let you press a button to swap perspective at will exist and are awesome.

Top Bottom