• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack on Wii U: "We love the specs" [Shadow of Eternals]

Why does people suddenly like Wii U so much when what they have to offer is shit.

To Dyack :
Your game doesn't look good, you won't fool the Wii U owners. I won't support a game just so I can say that Wii U has more games...

Coolwhip

Banned
Chû Totoro;76831135 said:
Why does people suddenly like Wii U so much when what they have to offer is shit.

To Dyack :
Your game doesn't look good, you won't fool the Wii U owners. I won't support a game just so I can say that Wii U has more games...

His game does look good. Set aside the frothing Dyack hate for minute and you can see this game is one of the better Kickstarter projects.

Well, this thread played out like expected.

All Dyack is saying that both versions should look similar. Not that top end PC's are equal in power to Wii U. Not exactly a weird claim since the demo they have running looks great.

should have said textures people would have been less upset

I am not upset about good looking Wii U games

is this going to get an eShop release?

Chû Totoro;76831135 said:

To Dyack :

do you Chû Shit? W101 /Kamiya

Yeah it's unlikely we will ever get to compare the two anyways.

The games funding has slowed down even more.

Last week it was trending towards just over half of the money, now it's at 45%.

It's need on average $80k a day to succeed. It's average so far is $11k.

His game does look good. Set aside the frothing Dyack hate for minute and you can see this game is one of the better Kickstarter projects.

Then I personally don't like what they describe on the Kickstarter page.
I've never played Eternal Darkness for the same reasons... this game doesn't do anything to me. People seemed to enjoyed it a lot but I wasn't interested at all.

Good for them if they manage to launch the game but I won't support the project and won't buy the game.

I may have sound a little rude though because the success of this game or any other game on Wii U can't be a bad news but that's not what I waiting and wanting for the system I bought.

I'll pass, that's it.

do you Chû Shit? W101 /Kamiya

Not at all. That's what I see when looking at the video on the Kickstarter page though... pile of shit moving and talking :p
But like I said that's a really personal opinion. I understand that a lot of people may find it good. I for example hate Gran Turismo because I find this game one of the most boring racing game of all time. Anyway it's still one of the biggest franchise in gaming ;)

He did say "most people will not be able to tell the difference", not that the difference doesn't exist. And tbh, most people won't notice, most people won't even compare the two, so...

Most people is not neogaf.

Thrakier

He's right. Most won't be able to tell.

He's not. I'm really astounded how someone could think that. Every fucking person in the world can physically see the difference between 720, 1080p or even sub HD when they see each image next to each other. Every person in the world can FEEL the input difference between 30FPS and 60FPS when showing these next to each other or gettig them used to one of them and then change it.

Well, it's nice to want to increase the target group with the WiiU port and talk.

But he shouldn't forget that the pc gamers are his main target group.

Hermii

He's not. I'm really astounded how someone could think that. Every fucking person in the world can physically see the difference between 720, 1080p or even sub HD when they see each image next to each other. Every person in the world can FEEL the input difference between 30FPS and 60FPS when showing these next to each other or gettig them used to one of them and then change it.

Thats right when shown next to each other. In the real people wont see them next to each other. And for the untrained eye the versions will look similar. The game is running on the unity engine and there have actually been quite a few developers now that is praising how well the Wii U runs Unity.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
would prefer it on wii u, personally. i chipped in a hundred, because i figured it'd be a serious uphill battle for the thing to get the money it needs.

but looking at the kickstarter page, it looks very bleak. i'm sad for the people at precursor, and more abstractly, for the inchoate game that might be. it really needs private funding and a good marketing push.

1./ Be positive about the WiiU in an interview or tweet
2./ Get lots of free publicity for your game
3./ ?????
4./ PROFIT!

not sure it works if your game does not sell

just because GAF loves to talk about Wii U it does not mean they have been buying Wii U games

I can talk all the shit I want i earned it from EA abuse and over 40 eShop downloads at full price lol

Shadow of the Eternals isn't even going to happen is it? Going by the second attempt at a Kickstarter, it's floundering yet again.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Forgive my ignorance, but what's SHadow of Eternals.. Is it by any chance linked to Eternal Darkness??!!

Well, a small company of about 8 or 9 people formed from some alumni of Silicon Knights after that company laid everyone off after losing their lawsuit with Epic.

They are launching a Kickstarter for the spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness, called Shadow of the Eternals.

$25 pledge gets you the game. Announced for WiiU and PC, with PS4 as a unspecified stretch goal. Game will star David Hayter and be made in the CryEngine.

They have a playable demo and it looks pretty sweet:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0?ref=card

However sadly it looks like the project will not fund, though I guess on the flip side that makes it pretty safe to donate.

Reasons quoted for the project not funding include: "because Dyack," this new company and its fresh-faced young CEO and COO are somehow responsible for past performance of the 300+ team at SK, and maybe not enough people played Eternal Darkness or know about this project.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why is he still being allowed to be front and center on this thing? He is invariably the reason why it has three failed crowdfunding attempts. The internet is refusing to participate in this game purely because of this guy. Who is in charge at this studio? Who needs to be smacked?

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Because neither will exist.

735.gif

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Why is he still being allowed to be front and center on this thing? He is invariably the reason why it has three failed crowdfunding attempts. The internet is refusing to participate in this game purely because of this guy. Who is in charge at this studio? Who needs to be smacked?

For me, Dyack is the only guy I want on an Eternal Darkness sequel. It would be like following up Full Throttle without Tim. Why bother?

Just make something all-new, at that point.

The Eternal Darkness sequel is the chance for some success we all knew Dyack kept a bit too long in his back pocket. It is intrinsically tied to this guy, for me. The underdog story for the sequel is the underdog story for the guy now.

Dremark

Banned
Fuck, the only thing he wants is the thing Phil Fish would so casually throw away.

There's no end to the hate for this guy here.

Yeah in all honesty Dyack is on a whole different level than Fish as far as GAF hatred goes. Fish gets a ton of haters but it seems like a lot of people will admit that he is a talented developer and/or that Fez is a good game even if they can't stand his personality/disagree with him/etc. and he seems to have at least a modest size group of people that stick up for him to some extent.

On the other hand even though Dyack has made a few very high profile games that had high praise from critics (Blood Omen and Eternal Darkness) he rarely seems to get acknowledged for that. Granted there are quite a few reasons why this is the case I'm assuming it's a combination of at least some of the following:

- The number of (seemingly) low quality games he worked on
- His history with GAF itself
- Possible finical mishandlings

Regardless though if Fish is a heat magnet, Dyack is like the surface of the sun.

duckroll

But Dyack is the only reason this project even exists. Without his creative vision, what does Precursor have? A couple of guys who previously worked at Silicon Knights and shipped bad games during a rough patch? It's basically lose-lose. Crowdfunding is a dead end for them it seems, so they're just going to have to find some other way to do the business they want.

Can someone please tell me why we hate Dyack, I would like to know why before I jump on the bandwagon?

Well he's had his issues with GAF and games journalists in general, but apart from that he was in charge at SK when they released Too Human, which was crap, XMen, which was crap, and then proceeded to pull the shit he did with Epic.

He had an angry meltdown years ago on GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318653

Welcome to the bandwagon

Well he's had his issues with GAF and games journalists in general, but apart from that he was in charge at SK when they released Too Human, which was crap, XMen, which was crap, and then proceeded to pull the shit he did with Epic.

Ah, thanks I am on the bandwagon now (I do want to see though how the wii u could handle the CryEngine)

emb

Wish there was a physical Wii U version. I'd totally back that. As is though, I can't really get excited about it. Hope the project turns out well though, it's kinda cool that it's even a thing.

Top Bottom