• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code for Indigo?

Gamecube launch color?

Sony/Nintendo All-Stars collaboration?

Sony buying Nintendo confirmed

d333e96fb542550bd1beb26828a4cf94.360x332x49.gif

Gskyace

Square Enix has a huge AAA JRPG announcement with Sony, no one knows about it. It will shock everyone. It's aimed squarely at GAF.

Shenmue 3 is a thing.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will have a prologue.

Crash Bandicoot is being made by the Knack Team and Cerny.

This list is completely fake, fictitious, and a joke. Only two weeks away.

Cerny Bandicoot will be explosive.

klaushm

People, remember me of onde thing.
It was known that CC2 was making an announcement through famitsu for their anniversary (15 I think).

Have I missed it?

I'm just gonna pretend that Nier 2 is a thing. He's not guessing. He's covering his tracks.

It's coming. It's a thing.

Nier 2 would get me legit shook and after Dracongard 3, not out of the realm of possibility. E3 announcement material though? Probably not.

Star Ocean is montage filler at best. Star Ocean 1 and 2 were fantastic but they came out a long, long time ago.

kevin1025

Banned
Nier 2 would get me legit shook and after Dracongard 3, not out of the realm of possibility. E3 announcement material though? Probably not.

Star Ocean is montage filler at best. Star Ocean 1 and 2 were fantastic but they came out a long, long time ago.

PS4 rereleases of Star Ocean 1 and 2 on PSN would be cool, though... to build up excitement.

People, remember me of onde thing.
It was known that CC2 was making an announcement through famitsu for their anniversary (15 I think).

Have I missed it?

That was part of their 20th anniversary celebration. They announced that they're recruiting for three games.

Game 1: It's aimed at a worldwide audience and runs on UE4. The keys to it are RPG, large scale development, photorealism and physically based rendering.

Game 2: Open world game

Game 3: VR project

They also noted that going forward their focus will be mostly on consoles. It'll be a 70/30 split for consoles/mobile.

I really dont see rhe point of selling an accessory with loss. The point of selling the PS3 with loss is that they would make profit with the games. Morpheus by itself wont sell much more games I think.. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never heard of an accessory sold at a loss though
Sony have stated that they see morpheus as it's own platform so I can see them selling at a loss and recouping the money with game sales as they did with ps4.

RK128

I posted my guesses for Microsoft and Nintendo, so I will share my expectations for Sony's show :).

-Opens with montage of the PS3, PS4 and Vita tittles released the past year or two
-Sony member comes on stage to introduce the show; kicks everything off with official price drops for all of Sony's platforms (PS3=199, Vita=99, PS TV=49) while also announcing a 1TB PS4 version (sold at the current 399 price) while discounting the 500GB model to 299
-Gameplay demos and trailers for Call of Duty, Arkam Knight, Destiny and Battlefront are all on display; Betas, System bundles and 'Exclusive' DLC also shown
-Trailer for Ratchet and Clank Movie shown off, with it slowly cutting into a full on-stage gameplay demo; both coming out early 2016
-Capcom member comes on stage and shows off more of Street Fighter V; coming early 2016.
-Screen fades to black, with Kratos and Ryu popping up readying to fight. As they fight, a blue blast hits them both, with Mega Man jumping into the scene. A silver wrench flies to Mega Man, knocking him back, as Ratchet and Clank grab the wrench back. All four ready to fight then it cuts to a trailer of Sony vs. Capcom. Trailer ends with character shadows on a black and blue sides, with 2016 in the center of the screen glowing.
-Sony announces this continuation of the Vs. series and ensures fans that this will be a great tittle. Sony then announces two more co-developed projects with Capcom; Dragons Dogma 2 and Resident Evil 7
-Sega member comes on stage and talks about a long past classic franchise, explaining how it set the bar for future games that came after it. This theme begins to play, with cherry blossoms coming down on the screen behind the speaker. The Sega then walks away as a fimilar figure walks into the screen. The tittle 'Shenmue' appears, with Ryu walking into a village, the screen going into the sky saying '2016'. Everyone is in tears and the crowd screams louder then they did for the KH3 and FFXV announcements :').
-The screen fades to black, cutting to Sonic running down a hectic road, with cars flying and a giant truck chasing him. He smirks, jumping into the screen with the tittle 'Sonic Adventure' appearing, with the iconic theme of this blasting into the theater; high speed gameplay based on the modern stages from Generations all built around the power of the PS4 hardware. This loosely ties into the upcoming film Sony is producing and this exclusively comes to the PS4 summer 2016, tieing into the hedgehog's 30th anniversary.
I want a reason to get a PS4, so please let this happen XD!
-Cuts back to a GG's developer coming on stage, stating the work they did with the Killzone series and how Shadow Fall was only a 'taste' of what they can do with the PS4 hardware. They walk away, cutting into a trailer for 'Horizon', their new IP for the PS4 coming fall 2016.
-Nathan Drake appears on the screen, with a trailer for Uncharted 4 playing. Ends with a big set piece moment, with the release date of spring 2016. Also announces the Uncharted Collection for this fall.
-God of War 4 Teaser plays after this, with a new face for the series being introduced and it being in a completely new time period. Hints with radically different gameplay mechanics that blend DMC and Bayonetta systems with the feel of the PS2/PS3/PSP games.
-Adam comes on stage and explains how Sony works with Independent developers to get their tittles on Sony hardware, cutting to a series of trailers for currently announced games and upcoming co-developed games from Sony and indies like No Man's Sky and Rime. We get some solid release dates for these games, with most of them coming summer too fall 2015 with No Mans Sky coming in the fall with support for Morpheus
-Media Moiclure comes on stage to show off a new trailer for Tearaway Unfolded, coming July 2015 and then shows off their new IP for PS4, with that being a launch game with Morpheus.
-Show then closes with Last Guardian (coming 2016) and FFXV (late 2016) trailers.

Bousf

Uncharted Collection is for me one of those things that could happen or not and I'm okay with both outcomes
but if it happens I prefer story mode only
(they've probably added MP to the first Uncharted even, knowing how gaming rolls lately....)

Didnt know that.. Well I have my doubts but I hope you guys are right though, cheap morpheus would be cool

Yeah they said it early on after the reveal, they realise how big this could be for them and also appreciate the fact that if you price an accessory higher than the actual console its not gonna sell.

Hopefully they do price it well and it becomes successful so devs will be less hesitant and jump aboard, i mean we know Sony and indies will be supporting it and i believe Ubisoft have said they will be making games for it but you do need a big amount of support to sustain something like this, considering some of the main reasons Move and Kinect failed (They both sold well but support fizzled out) was because most companies didnt put much effort into them. Luckily VR is such a game changer that i have faith it will do well.

I posted my guesses for Microsoft and Nintendo, so I will share my expectations for Sony's show :).

-Opens with montage of the PS3, PS4 and Vita tittles released the past year or two
-Sony member comes on stage to introduce the show; kicks everything off with official price drops for all of Sony's platforms (PS3=199, Vita=99, PS TV=49) while also announcing a 1TB PS4 version (sold at the current 399 price) while discounting the 500GB model to 299
-Gameplay demos and trailers for Call of Duty, Arkam Knight, Destiny and Battlefront are all on display; Betas, System bundles and 'Exclusive' DLC also shown
-Trailer for Ratchet and Clank Movie shown off, with it slowly cutting into a full on-stage gameplay demo; both coming out early 2016
-Capcom member comes on stage and shows off more of Street Fighter V; coming early 2016.
-Screen fades to black, with Kratos and Ryu popping up readying to fight. As they fight, a blue blast hits them both, with Mega Man jumping into the scene. A silver wrench flies to Mega Man, knocking him back, as Ratchet and Clank grab the wrench back. All four ready to fight then it cuts to a trailer of Sony vs. Capcom. Trailer ends with character shadows on a black and blue sides, with 2016 in the center of the screen glowing.
-Sony announces this continuation of the Vs. series and ensures fans that this will be a great tittle. Sony then announces two more co-developed projects with Capcom; Dragons Dogma 2 and Resident Evil 7
-Sega member comes on stage and talks about a long past classic franchise, explaining how it set the bar for future games that came after it. This theme begins to play, with cherry blossoms coming down on the screen behind the speaker. The Sega then walks away as a fimilar figure walks into the screen. The tittle 'Shenmue' appears, with Ryu walking into a village, the screen going into the sky saying '2016'. Everyone is in tears and the crowd screams louder then they did for the KH3 and FFXV announcements :').
-The screen fades to black, cutting to Sonic running down a hectic road, with cars flying and a giant truck chasing him. He smirks, jumping into the screen with the tittle 'Sonic Adventure' appearing, with the iconic theme of this blasting into the theater; high speed gameplay based on the modern stages from Generations all built around the power of the PS4 hardware. This loosely ties into the upcoming film Sony is producing and this exclusively comes to the PS4 summer 2016, tieing into the hedgehog's 30th anniversary.
I want a reason to get a PS4, so please let this happen XD!
-Cuts back to a GG's developer coming on stage, stating the work they did with the Killzone series and how Shadow Fall was only a 'taste' of what they can do with the PS4 hardware. They walk away, cutting into a trailer for 'Horizon', their new IP for the PS4 coming fall 2016.
-Nathan Drake appears on the screen, with a trailer for Uncharted 4 playing. Ends with a big set piece moment, with the release date of spring 2016. Also announces the Uncharted Collection for this fall.
-God of War 4 Teaser plays after this, with a new face for the series being introduced and it being in a completely new time period. Hints with radically different gameplay mechanics that blend DMC and Bayonetta systems with the feel of the PS2/PS3/PSP games.
-Adam comes on stage and explains how Sony works with Independent developers to get their tittles on Sony hardware, cutting to a series of trailers for currently announced games and upcoming co-developed games from Sony and indies like No Man's Sky and Rime. We get some solid release dates for these games, with most of them coming summer too fall 2015 with No Mans Sky coming in the fall with support for Morpheus
-Media Moiclure comes on stage to show off a new trailer for Tearaway Unfolded, coming July 2015 and then shows off their new IP for PS4, with that being a launch game with Morpheus.
-Show then closes with Last Guardian (coming 2016) and FFXV (late 2016) trailers.

They won't announce a price cut before the holiday season, especially with the Batman bundles releasinig the next week.

For some reason I have been thinking Resident Evil 7 could be another collaboration. Not sure why they wouldn't do it themselves, but the same could be said about Street Fighter 5.

Yeah they said it early on after the reveal, they realise how big this could be for them and also appreciate the fact that if you price an accessory higher than the actual console its not gonna sell.

Hopefully they do price it well and it becomes successful so devs will be less hesitant and jump aboard, i mean we know Sony and indies will be supporting it and i believe Ubisoft have said they will be making games for it but you do need a big amount of support to sustain something like this, considering some of the main reasons Move and Kinect failed (They both sold well but support fizzled out) was because most companies didnt put much effort into them. Luckily VR is such a game changer that i have faith it will do well.

This might sound stupid but I would love if EA makes FIFa morpheus compatible, put you in the middle of the crowd. Would be fucking amazing.

I am assuming that the port developer is going to use actual visuals for cutscenes and not prerendered cutscenes in order to fit all 3 games on one disc.

I hope it has mutilpayer, but I doubt it and can see a Uncharted 4 beta.

RexNovis

Banned
It's an assumption made from a tweet by Neil Druckman wherein he says it went up "a few hours" early. Honestly it's just as likely that "a few hours" was meant as a sarcastic understatement. We have no way of knowing for sure at the moment.

Well Bethesda didn't save the Fallout 4 announcement for E3 so I can believe it. Bodes well if Sony doesn't plan to spend a ton of time on it at E3.

Philippo

It's okay for me that they didn't reserved the announcement for E3, it would only take time from else, and it's not something big.

RexNovis

Banned
Well Bethesda didn't save the Fallout 4 announcement for E3 so I can believe it. Bodes well if Sony doesn't plan to spend a ton of time on it at E3.

Never said it wasn't believable but the tweet is in no way a confirmation of it. It's possible but at this time we don't know for sure either way. That's all I was trying to get across.

This might sound stupid but I would love if EA makes FIFa morpheus compatible, put you in the middle of the crowd. Would be fucking amazing.

Even just having you as the sky cam im sure would be a huge boost for sports games (And many other genres) as it would make you feel like your actually watching above instead of looking at a screen.

VR is going to benefit a lot of genres, not just 1st person as some seem to think and i cant wait to see what innovations we get. People like to complain about games not being revolutionary anymore, well this is the next step in what your looking for.

Liamc723

Honestly it's just as likely that "a few hours" was meant as a sarcastic understatement. We have no way of knowing for sure at the moment.

I'd see where you're coming from if he hadn't also said he'd see us in the morning. It's clearly being announced within the next 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom