• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA UFC 2 Closed Beta Invites going out

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Feels very, very similar to the last game to me. Not sure about the new ground game, need some time to get used to it.

I kept getting destroyed in the standup and then I realized no one is defending the clinch yet, knees to the face spam is effective in the thai clinch lol

BadAss2961

So where is the code begging thread? I got the original email but my account is tied to an email I don't check regularly :(
Don't know if many codes will be given out since people actually had to sign up in advance to get them. So they've been given to people who intend to use them.

dreamfall

I contacted EA support on Origin and basically begged for a code. And they gave me one! If y'all didn't get an email look there. I feel so giddy!

IMACOMPUTA

I contacted EA support on Origin and basically begged for a code. And they gave me one! If y'all didn't get an email look there. I feel so giddy!

I just did the same thing. I didn't even have to beg. I just told him that I got the email saying i was in the closed beta but never got a code.
He gave me one right away.

YES

Thanks for the suggestion!

dreamfall

I just did the same thing. I didn't even have to beg. I just told him that I got the email saying i was in the closed beta but never got a code.
He gave me one right away.

YES

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm my goodness I'm so excited for us! This is going to be so great- can't wait for the full game either, we have to start a GAF league!

PrinceKee

This game is vastly improved over the first. The 19 month development cycle is exactly what I think all sports games need. I didn't like the ground transitions at first, but they grew on me. I still think it's quicker to make quarter circle movements like in the first game. Played a couple matches online after messing around with the training and it ran flawless. Last match I schooled GSP with Nick Diaz on the feet then took him to the ground and KO'd him from full mount. People don't know how to defend the clinch or ground game at all yet lol. I can't play Ultimate team because it said I'm not connected to the EA servers which is weird because I was able to play online...

I didn't beg but I fibbed and said I never got my code. They gave me one! Insanely excited to try this out.

Stiler

I can confirm, going into EA chat and explaining that you didn't get signed up for a code they will give you one if you ask nicely.

Thought I was out of luck but did this and got a code, so downloading it now :D.

I can confirm, going into EA chat and explaining that you didn't get signed up for a code they will give you one if you ask nicely.

Thought I was out of luck but did this and got a code, so downloading it now :D.

If you want to play some matches send me a message...assuming your on ps4...name is: jukeboxtimebomb

Artdayne

Someone will have to report how bad the parrying is in this game. The last one, the computer would parry nearly every punch you threw, even body shots! It was difficult to maintain interest but I'm hoping they address it in this game.

Someone will have to report how bad the parrying is in this game. The last one, the computer would parry nearly every punch you threw, even body shots! It was difficult to maintain interest but I'm hoping they address it in this game.

I always played on pro against the AI so I know all aobut that. Not sure how bad this one will be.

dreamfall and I are having some fun matches..even if he's beating most of the time lol. If anyone wants to add me my gamertag on PS4 is: jukeboxtimebomb

Orca

Are we allowed to stream this?

The email says you're not to share info...but there's a ton of YouTube videos and Twitch streams so who knows. I'm supposed to have beta forum access, but don't...even though I got the email with the code.

Played a ton of games with dreamfall...even though he won like 98% of them, I still had lots of fun...good games man. Beta is lots of fun so far. I need to start getting good at the ground game.

dreamfall

Played a ton of games with dreamfall...even though he won like 98% of them, I still had lots of fun...good games man. Beta is lots of fun so far. I need to start getting good at the ground game.

Goodness, we had some epic fights. A four round war with the Diaz brothers! I felt like it was really back and forth, and just a ton of fun. At one point, we saw a knockout from a clipping headbutt. I kept thinking if we didn't make it out the first round, it was going to end quickly!

Great fights all around - a lot more dynamic striking but I think trying to achieve takedowns is way too difficult sometimes. Add me on PSN also if anyone wants to fight, arha2 is my tag. juke I hope we play again tonight! After the Rumble fight I figure - what a time!

Dominator

How do these fuckers hit so much harder than me online? I'm landing hard hits and they get one punch and I'm stunned.

AKA why do I suck.

BrunoM

Damn a bit sad didn't get a code have the old game and all really wanted to play the beta this weekend :(

Gonna message my buddy in the morning he had the game to maybe he got an extra code for ps4 I need to play this beta lol

Stiler

Ok so how the heck do you block in the Thai clinch?

I haven't played EA UFC in over a year so I forgot most of the things and I am getting wrecked by people getting me in that.

Trying the normal block button does nothing and all the posts I can find from the first game say block + triangle, but that isn't working for me either...

dreamfall

Ok so how the heck do you block in the Thai clinch?

I haven't played EA UFC in over a year so I forgot most of the things and I am getting wrecked by people getting me in that.

Trying the normal block button does nothing and all the posts I can find from the first game say block + triangle, but that isn't working for me either...

R2/RT blocks knees and high knees. I think R1/RB blocks punches from single collar.

I was having a ton of fun and still am, but holy shit this ground game needs some real studying. Blocking transitions, reversals, early mistakes to counter - I can hold my own, but when you hit those games at 2am - there are some ground game killers out there.

Stiler

R2/RT blocks knees and high knees. I think R1/RB blocks punches from single collar.

I was having a ton of fun and still am, but holy shit this ground game needs some real studying. Blocking transitions, reversals, early mistakes to counter - I can hold my own, but when you hit those games at 2am - there are some ground game killers out there.

In the Thai Clinch those do nothing, that's where the problem is.

That works fine for normal blocking in stand up, ground, etc but in thai that doesn't block.

I'm not the only one noticing it either cause when I get someone to the thai clinch I can just spam knees to their face and they don't block and it's an easy KO or they get rocked at the least cause no one has figured out how to block it.

You can't get out of it either without blocking it, because everytime you get hit the timer resets on your movement.

Top Bottom