• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Will Bring “One of their Bigger Games” To Nintendo Switch

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's unclear if it's just one game, the first quote they gave is:
“In terms of Nintendo, in their announcement they announced that we’ll be supporting with a game or two on that new platform. We haven’t yet announced what game, but you should assume that it’s one of our bigger games we’ve been involved with.”

It sounds like a handful of games, 2 at least. Either way it doesn't sound like anything crazy but hopefully it will lead to bigger things.

This gives it away:

"We haven’t yet announced what game"

Garden Warfare has always seemed like it was made for Nintendo consoles... with the success of Splatoon that would be a no brainer

braaaaaaaaaiiiiiins

Weebos

Banned
Man, I would seriously consider Mass Effect Andromeda on the Switch.

My only real concern is if saves will transfer to the sequel and if that will come to Switch.

Taker666

FIFA ..a half assed late port of this years version...

..which won't sell and will give them a nice reason not to support the platform with the next iteration.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If I'm Nintendo, I say absolutely not to any late ports.

Mass Effect seems to be the perfect title to test the waters. I think the official date is "Spring 2017" but rumors suggest "March 21st" which is 4 days after the rumored Switch release date. That's about as good as it gets for assessing future projects.

The more I think about it the more Battlefront 2 really makes sense to me. For so long I (and many others) so strongly associated Star Wars games with Nintendo. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a big push to get EA to bring Battlefront 2 to the Switch.

Ratros

The logical guess would be one of the sports games.

However... It would be nice to have ME3 on Switch. I don't even need the single player part; multiplayer would suffice.

Castef

Banned
Let the "We do not need EA on a Nintendo console" dance begins.

(even tough this usually happens when EA retreats...)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The more I think about it the more Battlefront 2 really makes sense. For so long I (and many others) so strongly associated Star Wars games with Nintendo. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a big push to get EA to bring Battlefront 2 to the Switch.

They won't make a decision on Battlefront 2 until they see how well Switch sells and how well 3rd party games sell on Switch. It's fantasy to think otherwise. If they work on a game right now (as the quotes suggest) it's something already released or releasing soon.

Mass Effect seems to be the perfect title to test the waters. I think the official date is "Spring 2017" but rumors suggest "March 21st" which is 4 days after the rumored Switch release date. That's about as good as it gets for assessing future projects.

Mass Effect and Fifa/Madden at launch would be the best case scenario.

I don't know if that one tweet alone is proof that Mass Effect is never happening. I'm not committing to the idea that it'll show up for sure, but I don't think it's all that damning. The guy even admits that he can't speak for the future, only about "current plans", which is just the standard PR stuff when no further company line has been given. That was the same time as that infamous Bethesda "Skyrim is not yet confirmed for the Switch" stuff too. If EA officially came out in a press statement and said it's never ever happening then that'd be that.

Top Bottom