• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGX 2015: VR Year!!

I'm assuming unlike the other two VR headsets i won't need to sign up for anything to try an Oculus? I haven't had a chance to try any VR yet so hopefully i'll get to try it on thursday.

Mikeside

I'm assuming unlike the other two VR headsets i won't need to sign up for anything to try an Oculus? I haven't had a chance to try any VR yet so hopefully i'll get to try it on thursday.

There hasn't been an issue getting onto an Oculus over the past 2 years. They'll probably have bucketloads of them this year.

I think the fact that plenty of devs have access to them means they'll be demoed on plenty of games without Oculus even being involved.
That was definitely the case last year - I played Elite Dangerous and some horse racing game on Oculus

Still no confirmation for PSVR but I still have some hope since they were responding to people saying it should arrive in the next 24 hours.

Stuart444

Remember folks, we have a whatsapp group for communication during the event. PM me your number to join it

Do you still have my number from the previous year?

I do need Whatsapp though. Might as well download it now. (if not, I'd need to download it early next year for another trip anyway lol)

Stuart444

With EGX tomorrow, I've decided to launch my Kickstarter today for "Dead of Day" a modern day dungeon crawler. Thought it would be easier to promote while I am at the show then launch it after. It'll be an interesting experiment :!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trebuchetgames/dead-of-day-video-game-for-pc-mac

I'm not great at making videos :( but hopefully it gives the idea of what the game is about and doesn't look too terrible (I don't recommend trying to make a kickstarter, while preparing for a show, while trying to sort issues out with a car while trying to do a normal day job! lol).

If you don't like the game or the concept or don't want to back it, no worries at all, but would appreciate any tweets/facebook posts that people can do. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Note: Mods sorry if this post is slightly off topic here, but couldn't find another appropriate EGX topic to post in.

Astrates

Same

yay :D

Though the Vive is leaving it very late. Glad I didn't bother with it, less stress to deal with then.

edit: also https://www.egx.net/egx/2015/sessions

3 still TBA. either leaving it late or they couldn't get anyone for those days/times.

I wonder what they may end up being. I'm looking forward to a good few of the Dev Sessions this year.

My only disappointment this year is Bethesda were listed as a partner for some time before disappearing off the list.

Had some hidden hopes of Fallout.

I'll be at EGX this year filming and uploading videos for those who don't get to attend. I'll probably drop one or two in here every day if theres anything very interesting. Really looking forward to it, will be interesting how they fill the NEC as they've got a lot of space this year.

Also tickets are still on sale, either cos its a bigger venue or just the london crowd have decided not to go. Either way hopefully its a little bit calmer.

Anyone going to the after party on the friday? Sounds very cheesy but could be fun.

dh4niel

Can anyone tell me what merch stands I can expect to be there? What to pick up some stuff if I can. Shame payday is next week. :(

King_Moc

Banned
PSVR email just arrived for me confirming my booking on Saturday. Still waiting on HTC.

Fallout was said not to be there but they are mentioning it on social media so maybe there is hope?

Yeah, that was a very strange post. Raiders spotted in the area? Hmm. Let's hope so.

Astrates

PSVR email just arrived for me confirming my booking on Saturday. Still waiting on HTC.

Yeah, that was a very strange post. Raiders spotted in the area? Hmm. Let's hope so.

I'm not sure on what they mean. I feel they may have been referring to the GAME staff at the expo.

Bethesda were definitely removed from the Partners list previously and haven't been re-added.

Paganmoon

Could some kind English soul explain to me how these "open" return tickets work? Do you just hop on any train going to your destination and show the ticket or what?

Cause I bought a return ticket form Liverpool to Birmingham, that on national rail said "valid on other services" or "other services you can travel on" or somesuch.

So do I have to adhere to the time stated on the tickets, or can I take a later (or earlier) train if I want to?

Edit: this is what it says on Virgin trains (the ticket seller, seriously, there's like fifteen different places to look, get your act together British public transport), for "off peak return":
VALIDITY
Your outward journey must be on off-peak trains on the date specified, and you must return on off-peak trains within one calendar month. Off-peak times vary by route - our journey planner only shows off-peak tickets on trains for which they are valid.

Which makes me a bit confused as the tickets themselves seem to have set departure times?

Volotaire

Could some kind English soul explain to me how these "open" return tickets work? Do you just hop on any train going to your destination and show the ticket or what?

Cause I bought a return ticket form Liverpool to Birmingham, that on national rail said "valid on other services" or "other services you can travel on" or somesuch.

So do I have to adhere to the time stated on the tickets, or can I take a later (or earlier) train if I want to?

Edit: this is what it says on Virgin trains (the ticket seller, seriously, there's like fifteen different places to look, get your act together British public transport), for "off peak return":

Which makes me a bit confused as the tickets themselves seem to have set departure times?

Off peak return means you can travel on any (Virgin to make sure) train that is an off peak service from the start of your ticket date until a month has elapsed.

You need to check which train services (times) are off peak services, if your ticket (a Virgin trains service) prevents you from travelling on another service (i.e. London Midland) and if Super Off peak counts as well.

It might be worth calling up National Rail if you are still confused.

ALSO, it depends if bought an advance ticket or not. Advance tickets are only valid on one service. It seems like you have not.

King_Moc

Banned
Nvidia just tweeted to say they have Vive at their stand. It's separate to the HTC stand, so might very worth making a beeline for that when the place opens. They have Mirrors Edge too.

Edit: Facebook, not Twitter

Mikeside

Nvidia just tweeted to say they have Vive at their stand. It's separate to the HTC stand, so might very worth making a beeline for that when the place opens. They have Mirrors Edge too.

Edit: Facebook, not Twitter

Mirrors Edge on VIVE?
Ohhhhhh that's my new must see thing for Thursday morning

Stalk

Well, £59 Cambridge was more than I expected to pay. Signed up for Morpheus and only just realised HTC was available. Nintendo's line up doesn't look stunning but I don't remember it being so in previous years...

Paganmoon

Off peak return means you can travel on any (Virgin to make sure) train that is an off peak service from the start of your ticket date until a month has elapsed.

You need to check which train services (times) are off peak services, if your ticket (a Virgin trains service) prevents you from travelling on another service (i.e. London Midland) and if Super Off peak counts as well.

It might be worth calling up National Rail if you are still confused.

ALSO, it depends if bought an advance ticket or not. Advance tickets are only valid on one service. It seems like you have not.

Alright, what confuses me though is that there are set departure times, but I could ignore those and go on any off peak train service (that the tickets are valid for, seemingly Virgin, London Midland, Arriva Trains Wales at least according to the tickets).

I'll try to check with someone at the train station when I get there to confirm I guess. Thanks!

Stuart444

Some very low key dev sessions this year....Where are the big hitters at for this year?

I'm still in the camp of being away from London has caused them to lose some support since many devs UK HQs are in London.

Still, Yoshida doing one for Playstation is pretty damned sweet.

Astrates

Fallout will be there in some capacity, as there's a giant vault boy there.

If it's coming from the Vault Club group run by GAME then the best has been edited.

Looks like its a looped video of the E3 Xbox Gameplay. Just playing by the Xbox stand with a Pip Boy statue nearby.

Top Bottom