• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING Shadow of the Erdtree Build Discussion

RoboFu

One of the green rats
My guess is the main baddy is going to be be full on bleed machine so i am making a bleed build just to be as frustrated as possible. lol

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Fight Magic GIF by Xbox

All about that intelligence

I do love me some magic builds and magic was super fun in Elden Ring

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
20-25 vigor seems too low.

For the preview people got character at lvl 150 and said boss was still challenging (experience vary depending on skills level). FromSoft said the DLC is equivalent to endgame difficulty and even further. In addition they put this new "bonus" to damage and defense so I guess the difficulty is quite high in the DLC.
So with 25 Vigor you'll probably get one shotted by a lot of stuff.
Cries in Rune Level 1. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I do love me some magic builds and magic was super fun in Elden Ring
I really enjoy getting punished in these games. I really do, because when you finally clear shit without taking a single digit of damage, it becomes apparent how worth it is to grind the movesets and understand the game's enemies well enough to crush them easily. Normally I use str builds, because I love wielding all the weapons and armors without being slowed down, to the point where I won't even put anything into vit, lol. Stam, str, dex, usually. I want to do a Magic build first round for Shadow, then go back with a str build for that self loathing punishment.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really enjoy getting punished in these games. I really do, because when you finally clear shit without taking a single digit of damage, it becomes apparent how worth it is to grind the movesets and understand the game's enemies well enough to crush them easily. Normally I use str builds, because I love wielding all the weapons and armors without being slowed down, to the point where I won't even put anything into vit, lol. Stam, str, dex, usually. I want to do a Magic build first round for Shadow, then go back with a str build for that self loathing punishment.

Same! Personally I am not too much of a fan of Dex Builds, mostly because I feel way too squishy and like I deal too little damage, so I usually go for super high power attacks with little health. Glass Cannon Mage builds or UltraGreat Sword with high movability.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Same! Personally I am not too much of a fan of Dex Builds, mostly because I feel way too squishy and like I deal too little damage, so I usually go for super high power attacks with little health. Glass Cannon Mage builds or UltraGreat Sword with high movability.

The low survivability of how I build my characters is offset, somewhat by the high damage and repertoire of armors and weapon combinations at my disposal, so, while squishy-YES, not TOO squishy. in the end, though... I can only take maybe 3 hits max from tougher bosses. That's 2-3 chances to make mistakes before a death. WHich isn't bad.SL1/BL4 etc you only get 1 chance, maybe 2 chances to make up for a mistake, depending. I miss Bloodborne... I need a new DS4, though, and I'll get PSN again and I will fuck with the chalices on my BL4. I've been itching to. Unfortunately the only DS4 I have has ugly drift. Need to wait just a bit longer.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The low survivability of how I build my characters is offset, somewhat by the high damage and repertoire of armors and weapon combinations at my disposal, so, while squishy-YES, not TOO squishy. in the end, though... I can only take maybe 3 hits max from tougher bosses. That's 2-3 chances to make mistakes before a death. WHich isn't bad.SL1/BL4 etc you only get 1 chance, maybe 2 chances to make up for a mistake, depending. I miss Bloodborne... I need a new DS4, though, and I'll get PSN again and I will fuck with the chalices on my BL4. I've been itching to. Unfortunately the only DS4 I have has ugly drift. Need to wait just a bit longer.

Know of any good builds for Dex? I enjoy the weapons, but I always feel like I am hitting with wet noodles.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Know of any good builds for Dex? I enjoy the weapons, but I always feel like I am hitting with wet noodles.

For Bloodborne? I can guide you, but it won't be a pure dex, str build. I dabbled in Arcane/Str and I fucking cut through bosses like a knife made of magma, right through Fat/Butter. Most are weak against Fire/Serrated, but when you get deeper into the game, they will be vulnerable to arcane, too. I can link you to a video where I destroy Ludwig on an experiment with beast claws, for the first time, I overleveled a couple of levels or so, though. But you can see the result. Let me know!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
For Bloodborne? I can guide you, but it won't be a pure dex, str build. I dabbled in Arcane/Str and I fucking cut through bosses like a knife made of magma, right through Fat/Butter. Most are weak against Fire/Serrated, but when you get deeper into the game, they will be vulnerable to arcane, too. I can link you to a video where I destroy Ludwig on an experiment with beast claws, for the first time, I overleveled a couple of levels or so, though. But you can see the result. Let me know!
I mean for Elden Ring lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
In my lasted new playhtrough I did Dex build with two trusting weapons.

I like thrusting weapons with both hands because they attack incredibly fast which makes them ideal for building status aliment like bleed or frost and you can boots attack power ewith talisman like Rotten Winged Sword which increase attack power with sussesive hits.....and most of them have high critical damage which makes great for parry or when you break enemy’s poise.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Same builds you use now, with the new gear. Souls games were never varried when it comes to character stats. It's just the means to swing your desired weapons and wear the armor you want.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm using the build I've always used. I don't understand why anyone would drastically change their build prior to the DLC?

Thumb print shield. Small dagger that is quick and causes blood loss, secondary is moghs trident (thrust) and also causes blood loss. I can also cast baller incantations. Medium weight w/heavy armor, good poise.

It's a fun build and I wreck everything. Only time I get wrecked is when someone invades with some crazy ass build but props to them. If you're gonna invade, come in and wreck me. I respect it. Can't stand people who run away and troll. Should be a banable offense.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

If you're gonna invade, come in and wreck me. I respect it. Can't stand people who run away and troll. Should be a banable offense.
Hopefully I never invade you. I play fully the running game and using the environments against you. I am just there to make you time miserable, especially in Elden Ring where invasion are only possible if you have cooperator with you. So invading is always a 1v2/3 situation.
I never go direct confrontation except if I got rid of the cooperator and if I feel like it. But I have more fun hiding, setting traps and making mad the host. They're suppose to progress in the game, me I have the time to wait for them. It's not my role to go to them (and honestly a stupid decision to run into a 1v2/3 fight), they have to progress through the dungeon and I am there to make it more difficult.
I really like this invasion method.

Of course for duel via summoning sign, I play fair and square.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hopefully I never invade you. I play fully the running game and using the environments against you. I am just there to make you time miserable, especially in Elden Ring where invasion are only possible if you have cooperator with you. So invading is always a 1v2/3 situation.
I never go direct confrontation except if I got rid of the cooperator and if I feel like it. But I have more fun hiding, setting traps and making mad the host. They're suppose to progress in the game, me I have the time to wait for them. It's not my role to go to them (and honestly a stupid decision to run into a 1v2/3 fight), they have to progress through the dungeon and I am there to make it more difficult.
I really like this invasion method.

Of course for duel via summoning sign, I play fair and square.
I'm really forcing myself to not put you on 'ignore'

😅🫠🤮

Any tips for a Venomous Fang build? Seems like a really fun and powerful weapon. What infusion, stats etc.

Last edited:

Antwix

Any tips for a Venemous Fang build? Seems like a really fun and powerful weapon. What infusion, stats etc.
Yeah, cool claws. I like raptor talons better but Venomous Fang is great for status builds since it has native "deadly" poison buildup and you can infuse. You can go dex/arcane and make it occult for bleed buildup. For ash of war, endure is always a solid pick for trading hits or just cragblade for a nice passive buff. Of course you'll want to use the talismans that buff on poison or bleed proc too.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Anyone need help with the Mohg fight? Holler at your boy. I'm EST and have a good build/know this tactics. Got Moghs shackle too, that helps with the first phase.

Top Bottom