• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Shadow of the Erdtree will get?

• 0-65%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 94 57.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 39 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kikkis

Gold Member
Go to the subterranean shunning grounds at the Royal Capital and get Mohgs Shackle if you haven't already. Use it during the first phase of the fight ;)

Might also want to get an item to increase robustness to help stave off the blood loss.
Do you have defeat godskin duo before that? I haven't even done that

90..cons are gated high level content in an open world you need to grind to actually get to experience.

Last edited:
Do you have defeat godskin duo before that? I haven't even done that
Edit: No I don't think so, I think it's before them. I haven't got it yet and probably won't bother since it's doable without it. I think it's near the sewers where the dung eater is. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:
90..cons are gated high level content in an open world you need to grind to actually get to experience.
I haven't done any grinding and I'm level 102, only just reached the capital and done 2 or 3 different questlines. Grinding would seem a bit pointless since you get runes relative to your level in a lot of cases, you're better off just exploring and you'll level up pretty organically. Obviously if you're dying constantly and losing runes due to taking loads of risks, that may mean you need to farm a few enemies relative to your level.

Jaybe

Gold Member
While awaiting these I went down a rabbit hole of nostalgia looking at the original Project Beast leak and the Bloodborne trademark threads. Fun reads.

I haven't done any grinding and I'm level 102, only just reached the capital and done 2 or 3 different questlines. Grinding would seem a bit pointless since you get runes relative to your level in a lot of cases, you're better off just exploring and you'll level up pretty organically. Obviously if you're dying constantly and losing runes due to taking loads of risks, that may mean you need to farm a few enemies relative to your level.
I meant for people wanting to jump into the dlc immediately because of various factors ( fuck around in ng+ , saves on different platforms, etc.) Its why cdpr let you jump into the dlc from the main menu, or why level scaling exist in Bethesda dlc, ass creed dlc etc.

And before people gatekeep with spamming git guds and such, ER is the highest rated game of the generation, that comes with expactations for accessibility.

Orbital2060

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I meant for people wanting to jump into the dlc immediately because of various factors ( fuck around in ng+ , saves on different platforms, etc.) Its why cdpr let you jump into the dlc from the main menu, or why level scaling exist in Bethesda dlc, ass creed dlc etc.

And before people gatekeep with spamming git guds and such, ER is the highest rated game of the generation, that comes with expactations for accessibility.
Why does the game need to be accessible? They are the developers and if they want to gate keep and make the game harder or whatever they do, they make that choice.

Not everyone needs to play or will play it, so make it as hard an as inaccessible as possible. This is the last game I have bought and makes it worth my while the harder it is.

Ah I see, yeah I understand what you mean. It's probably annoying for those that just want to play the DLC but this isn't really out of the ordinary for FROM. All of their games that have DLC require the player to have reached a certain point in the game. Unfortunately for this one, it's a really long ways into the game since Mohg is probably not going to be defeated unless you're level 90+

I did see something the other day where someone was saying that it's easy to get to level 100 with very little playtime. Not sure how true that is however.

FeralEcho

Just the fact that,that supposed final boss leak is in this in that capacity makes my favourite game of all time even more elevated. I love the lore in this game.

This will be incredible.

skneogaf

So as a combined game which it should be seen as then it should surely be seen as one of the best ever games.

Top Bottom