• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem releases new single - Houdini

bitbydeath

Gold Member
From upcoming new album -
images

Rockondevil

I enjoyed that. It's got parts of a few of his bangers, with the bonus of Steve Miller Band.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The track itself is whack as fuck but his lyrics are always cool and the video is oldschool goofy.

DosGamer

I love how people are upset that he had a line about Megan Thee Stallion (can I just say, i hate the fucking name) and how he shouldnt make fun of her, yet she literally sings a song about WAP... lmao....
You create or sing on a song like that, then all bets are off and anything is on the table.

I love how people are upset that he had a line about Megan Thee Stallion (can I just say, i hate the fucking name) and how he shouldnt make fun of her, yet she literally sings a song about WAP... lmao....
You create or sing on a song like that, then all bets are off and anything is on the table.
Sounds like he's back to doing his job.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
It was fun and nostalgic to see him go back to his earlier works, but the track itself was really bad. Felt like a b-side leftover to some of his corniest songs, like Just lose it or We made you.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
LOVED IT! Shady is back

OHQnJTY.png

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

So many references to old tracks, can't wait for the full alum.

Last edited:

Woggleman

Gold Member
I don't find it offensive but it is just corny. His most popular songs are Lose Yourself and Stan which are not shack value songs so why does he insist on doing this yawn inducing crap?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Man, if he rocks the Slim Shady style this whole album, I’m am 100% with it. He’s tried to be way too serious and technical with his lyrics since he got sober. I’m glad he is, but I miss his music for then, it was so much better.

Cattlyst

I enjoyed it. The world has gotten too serious so it’s good to see Eminem back again to poke fun and not give a shit. Total nostalgia hit too. Man I miss the early 2000s…

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So much plastic is put on Eminem's Face... it seems like he hasn't aged.

But his time of glory has passed.

The peak of Eminem was the album the marshall mathers lp

and this song was the best .

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The fact he said his next trick is making his career disappear kinda hints that he ain't gonna hold back, I think he has been holding his tongue for a while and now he's saying fuck it.
They're always looking to my pass for a reason to cancel me despite me, might as well not hide it anymore
It's who I am, I'm gonna start saying what I actually think and anyone that don't like it can...

Soodanim

So much plastic is put on Eminem's Face... it seems like he hasn't aged.

But his time of glory has passed.

The peak of Eminem was the album the marshall mathers lp

and this song was the best .

I used to think MMLP was the best one, but over the years I've found that I'd rather listen to Slim Shady LP for the hungry Eminem that told better stories or The Eminem Show for what I think is his peak (perhaps he agrees, as the video says 2002 and that's when TES was released).

ItsGreat

I love goofy not give a fuck Eminem.

I always felt the guest rappers on the Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs didn't get the humour. Their verses seemed a bit to try hard toughness.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
The fact he said his next trick is making his career disappear kinda hints that he ain't gonna hold back, I think he has been holding his tongue for a while and now he's saying fuck it.
They're always looking to my pass for a reason to cancel me despite me, might as well not hide it anymore
It's who I am, I'm gonna start saying what I actually think and anyone that don't like it can...
He also merges his current self with his old self in the clip, so hopefully that means his other songs will be more fun and less boring political ones.

Reactions: TGO

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
He also merges his current self with his old self in the clip, so hopefully that means his other songs will be more fun and less boring political ones.
Yeah I was wondering what he meant by the album title The Death of Slim Shady.
And there it is, a fusion of both.
Although his style is definitely more Slim
Should be interesting, but this is the fun upbeat track and I can't wait to see what else he got on the Album.
We needed this, he needed to do this and the world looks like it agrees.

MastAndo

I'm not a fan of most of Eminem's campy, goofy stuff, so I'll sit this one out. I'm sure the album will have a few tracks on there for me though.

Bridges

Not a fan of the track unfortunately but I like that he's at least trying to go back to his older style. He's had a good song here and there on the newer records but overall he hasn't been able to touch his early work.

I hope the other songs retain the old style without being so self-referential. I like Em quite a bit but he pulls from the nostalgia well too often imo without ever actually replicating the the fun and catchiness of his early music

Top Bottom