• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem releases new single - Houdini

He summed it up perfectly
giphy.gif

It's a weird throwback to 'without me'. Like a sequel to the music video, but with 2002 era Eminem crossing over into the year 2024 and just being disappointed by everything. I suppose I would be disappointed too in I jumped from 2002 to 2024. Outside of some better tech, everything is arguably worse.

dorkimoe

All the Megan Thee Stallion fans are crying on Twitter. They can't handle it. It's absolutely insane. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
it literally wasnt even a mean line too thats whats crazy.

i really hope this is a tease for him saying so much stuff that would get a normal person "cancelled". this video is awesome

Braag

All artists peak at some point and never achieve that high again. 10 years from now people will listen to new Kendrick album and say "yeah he ain't ever topping To Pimp a Butterfly". Doesn't mean you gotta stop doing music.
To me Eminem has only had 1 truly bad album (Revival) but I like his more lighthearted and fun tracks like this more, which have been absent from him. I hope he doesn't hold back in his new album and really brings slim shady back without worrying about cancel culture.

Damn, this Slim Shady guy just went after Eminem's kids.

I'm sure Marshal is putting together a diss-track as we speak.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Anytime I want to see how old, white and out of touch I've gotten with contemporary tastes, I immediately go on YouTube and listen to the newest Eminem single. If the kids think it's "lit af," or whatever, invariably, it will sound like someone putting a cat through a wood chipper, whilst simultaneously putting the wood chipper through a black hole. If it's something I nod my head sensibly to, then it's "mid as hell,"

Top Bottom