• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey 2 remake: new livestream on Monday, announcement teased?

L~A

Looks like Atlus is planning is a special livestream in order to celebrate the launch of the Etrian Odyssey 2 3DS remake. It'll take place on Monday 24 at 7PM JST (time for EU/NA below), and from the looks of it, Atlus is teasing a special announcement. No idea if it's a game, a collaboration, an anime or whatever.

250421.jpg

The show will be divided in two parts :

- Part 1 : series of videos that will serve as coutdown (probably all the trailers played back to back) (from 7PM to 8PM, JST)
- Part 2 : live gameplay of the game, with some notable guests. (from 8PM to 10.30PM, JST). That's when the announcement will be made, whatever it is.

List of guests:

- Koichi Nakamura (Chairman and CEO of... Spike Chunsoft?!)
- Yuzo Koshiro
- Itou Kanako (singer of the main theme)

Show will be broadcast on NicoNico, so an account is needed.

Time:

Europe: 11AM
UK: 10AM
North America (East): 5AM
North America (West): 2AM
Japan: 7PM

t1416823200z0.png

L~A

Hmm... no idea. We know there's already some sort of DLC planned, but we don't have any details. There's that class from EOU1, for starters.

Pretty sure it's related to Spike-Chunsoft, as I don't see why their CEO would be at a livestream for another company's game. Probably some cross-over DLC?

vareon

Spike Chunsoft? Attack on Titan DLC for Etrian Odyssey 2 confirmed.

Kind of actually make sense lol

L~A

They developed the AoT 3DS game, iirc.

Also is nobody talking about this? Or is this the old teaser?

http://sq-atlus.jp/d/sp/

Actually, Atlus tweeted about that the other day... which is weird, I remember the D and X bubbles from before EOU2 was properly announced.

But it seems to be somewhat new, and with the livestream today, it's pretty clear we're about to learn what it's all about :)

And yeah, I know about AoT, but EO x AoT would be one of the weirdest cross-over ever. Two series don't even have anything in common, except a slight European medieval theme. Then again, I know you weren't serious about that, so no idea why I'm typing all this, ha ha ha.

vareon

Actually, Atlus tweeted about that the other day... which is weird, I remember the D and X bubbles from before EOU2 was properly announced.

But it seems to be somewhat new, and with the livestream today, it's pretty clear we're about to learn what it's all about :)

And yeah, I know about AoT, but EO x AoT would be one of the weirdest cross-over ever. Two series don't even have anything in common, except a slight European medieval theme. Then again, I know you weren't serious about that, so no idea why I'm typing all this, ha ha ha.

I'm mostly joking, but it's not really farfetched if you think about it. AoT's been in a lot of crossovers (with MonHun and Marvel, for example) and EO's not a stranger to fighting giants. And in the anime the Titans are essentially FOE.

Mostly wishful thinking though lol.

L~A

Hmmm... never heard that version of the EOU OST. Then again, only listened to the full soundtrack, not the bonus CD that came with the first print.

sfried

Oh hey, it's the announcer dude...So, are the doing something like actually doing role-playing?
Edit: Did Nico just poll me as to what path they should take?

L~A

Yes, that's some sort of 'liveplay' of the first dungeon. And yeah, they let viewers chose what to do at some points.

sfried

I could swear that announcer sounds so familiar. Isn't he the narrator from Space Dandy?
I don't recognize the dungeon layout though.

L~A

Is there an announcement of a new game in your opinion? Can't watch the stream right now.

There will be an announcement, but no way to know what it is. Definitely a game of some sort (can't be an anime, as the show would be IP-locked then), but that's just my guess.

Ooooh, Yuzo Koshiro! :D

L~A

Spike-Chunsoft CEO is there... as well as Monokuma. Ha.

Calling it: Monokuma as special FOE. DLC.

B3NIrCsCMAAtrUJ.jpg:large

The weirdest RPG party of all time.

Nakamura Koichi, Yuzo Koshiro, Kanakko Itou, Yui Yamoka.

I don't even know. Thank you, Atlus. Thank you.

Top Bottom