• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] Double Discount sale June 2017

A few are tempting but I already have too much to play.

Destiny complete though.. Hmm... I only ever played the beta.

Still very salty I missed Wolfenstein in the last sale.

Edit: and oh shit I have £10 credit.

Minamu

Finally bought Firewatch, did they fix the performance stuff?

If I buy the Return to Arkham pack, does that include ALL previous dlcs as well? I already have the platinum in the entire franchise so dlc is my main draw, if at all.

brainslug

I just bought GTA SA yesterday. Of course it's on sale now! Just my luck..

Otherwise, pretty good sale. Might get Firewatch.

Yikes, heaps I've been waiting for in this sale.
Grabbing Batman: Return to Arkham, Forbidden Siren, Witcher 3 GOTY and Metro Redux. Gonna give the new PS4 Pro a good run with these!

VegiHam

Can I play Witcher 3 if I've never played Witcher 1 or 2? Heard good things but don't have a last gen console anymore.

13ruce

Banned
Can I play Witcher 3 if I've never played Witcher 1 or 2? Heard good things but don't have a last gen console anymore.

Yeah it's very self contained story wise.
No worries.
It's one if not the best western rpg ever so don't miss out!

Cragor

Neo Member

Yeah you can, but if you want some background on Geralt and Yen, you should start by checking the flashbacks from witcher 2, it will help you understand why Yen its so important for gearlt and how things start on the game. You can find them in youtube, i think this one has all of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDm3AqmVUKk, but be advised its NSFW.

VegiHam

Yeah you can, but if you want some background on Geralt and Yen, you should start by checking the flashbacks from witcher 2, it will help you understand why Yen its so important for gearlt and how things start on the game. You can find them in youtube, i think this one has all of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDm3AqmVUKk, but be advised its NSFW.
I have no idea who those people are, but I'll watch it when when I get home! Thanks for sharing it! :D
Get the goty at the price it is, the dlc is glorious
The GOTY version is a couple of quid more, so the DLC is worth it then? Not just horse armour stuff?

Mascot

It's worthwhile for that money, but in terms of time spent there are dozens of other FPS which you should play first. It's an adequate campaign. Very pretty, quite a bit of spectacle, but it did very little for me. Lots of waiting for AI allies to open doors. Some frustrating tank sections. Truly awful dialogue & characters.

I think I've probably played them all. A couple of years ago it would all have been about the MP but nowadays I just like playing through the campaigns on a medium setting. Jesus, when I think of the torture I used to put myself through inching through CoD on Veteran...

I mean, it's fun, just not Super Skidmarks fun!

Floaty controls are a big no-no for me so I think I'll wait for it to come to PS+.

VegiHam

Hell yes. Not even a debate. Do it.
Okay, I will as soon as PSN lets me pay and stops giving me error messages.
So you don't know who Geralt is? Good luck on playing the game then! ;)

PS. Geralt=Witcher.
Yeah see this is what I kinda meant though; how much am I expected to know going in? Like, will the game explain anything or am I expected to know this stuff already?

Okay, I will as soon as PSN lets me pay and stops giving me error messages.

Yeah see this is what I kinda meant though; how much am I expected to know going in? Like, will the game explain anything or am I expected to know this stuff already?
I went in knowing nothing and it isn't a big issue. You'd know the characters back stories better if you'd played the others but it isn't a problem.. I went in having not played the others.

VegiHam

I went in knowing nothing and it isn't a big issue. You'd know the characters back stories better if you'd played the others but it isn't a problem.. I went in having not played the others.
Ah okay, that sounds good!
Huh carefull with that. Once I had a message error when I wanted to checkout, and they charged me twice... Got 2 year of PS+ instead of 1.
Oh shit really? I already tried checking out a few times. Am I screwed?

Corrupt

How's Mark of Kri? I saw a bunch about it when I was a kid, but has it aged well? And Destroy All Humans too, for that matter.

Nesther

Anyone played Dead Synchronicity and has some impressions? One of the few games on sale that I haven't gotten yet and seems interesting.

My wallet is in critical condition but I'm getting myself Hitman and Metro Redux, can't say no at those prices
my wallet is in critical condition too:
- can't blow on Switch+games since its nowhere to be found
- can't blow on this Double Discount sale since there's no PSN service in my country
- luckily Steam Sale starts in a few days to take the pain away - good thing Valve operates in whole EU

tzare

Tempted to buy Hitman. But not sure if is the kind of game i would enjoy. I like stealth games, is it any similar to Splinter Cell for example?

xrnzaaas

Tempted to buy Hitman. But not sure if is the kind of game i would enjoy. I like stealth games, is it any similar to Splinter Cell for example?

The entire game is pretty much like being a wolf in sheep's clothing. You study the map (they're all huge) to find out about the target and potential assassination opportunities and then carry out the plan. The game plays best when you know what to do and make everything work like clockwork. Stealth is obviously a big part of the game, but it's different from Splinter Cell games, because thanks to the disguises and open maps you can blend in or avoid enemies.

GenericUser

Finally bought FC4. I think I'll like it. I just want something like Far Cry 3 with slightly better graphics and better perfmance (compared to the ps3 version of FC3).

tzare

The entire game is pretty much like being a wolf in sheep's clothing. You study the map (they're all huge) to find out about the target and potential assassination opportunities and then carry out the plan. The game plays best when you know what to do and make everything work like clockwork. Stealth is obviously a big part of the game, but it's different from Splinter Cell games, because thanks to the disguises and open maps you can blend in or avoid enemies.

thanks!looks interesting, will check a few youtube vids if i can help me decide

How is PvZ2? is it popular online? I remember thinking the first one was fun enough.

I have played all the games and honestly you dont need to play 1 and 2. You can jump in at 3 and be fine. However I felt a much better connection to the characters and story after I started reading the books. At the very least 'The last wish' (which is a series of short stories and not the main line series) gives you enough insight into the main characters and world that it all makes a lot more sense.

For example there are 2 females (following is not really spoilery but just in case)
I noticed people who played just the games and didn't read the books liked one of the women while people who read the books felt the other women made way more sense

stuff like that. And the books help understand the politics of the world a lot better.

But you can certainly play and enjoy the game entirely on its own.

The DLC is also amazing. Hearts of stone takes place mostly in the main game world and is a pretty decent side story. Blood and Wine could be sold as a stand alone game and be worth every penny. Its an entirely new area with a story I feel is better than the main game. Prob spent about 20-25 hours doing that expansion. Did 107 hours all in on the game.

kanuuna

Tempted to buy The Witcher 3 GOTY, but I'm not going to play it until the Pro patch releases, so might as well wait.

Same here, if they had put out a date and a screenshot of the patched version I think I'd have gone with this. I spent a whole lot of time with the game on PC, but I wouldn't mind playing through the game again from a couch.

Gunkankun

Shiness is really scratching that ps2 rpg itch. Ingame graphics are a bit disappointing but all the story stuff oozes with charm.

Top Bottom