• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
London will host the final and the semi-finals. All other matches are played across Europe. Yay!

_77736084_euro2020_stadiums_web_4.jpg
Turkey declined to host any games (we were gonna get Wembley's pacakage I think) with the hope of 2024 hosting.

oti

Banned
Just discovering that 2020 bullshit... What in the fuck?
We should just like the Eurovision: winner organizes the next one.
This way we would have a nice Euro in Portugal, in a nice country that deeply loves its football, and it would shield us from Greece ever wanting to win another title. ^^

You don't know anything about Portugal's economy, do you.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
London will host the final and the semi-finals. All other matches are played across Europe. Yay!

_77736084_euro2020_stadiums_web_4.jpg
Azerbaijan has a stadium good enough to host a Euro game? I'm guessing not and some crooked money bought them games. They have been sponsoring Atlético lately...

Baku, really?

Given the cost for hosting a cup, I understand the reasoning for splitting it up, but at least chose countries that aren't halfway across the globe... (well, almost)
I know their government's a dictatorship, but it's a beautiful city and I'm happy for the local people.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
My theory is eliminate draws. After 90 minutes play penalty kicks. No more draws in group play will force more offense.

it would probably make weaker teams even more defensive. possibly forcing teams like germany or france into penalties in the group stage would be great for them. and it's not like the number of teams in a group would decrease.

Altairre

Well, this tournament broke many curses. I for one still don't accept Germany EVER beating us. Zaza butchered it for us so that doesn't count for me as a fan. Other than that.... it was a pretty crap tournament. I'm happy for Portugal I guess because it is the first time they ever win something so congrats guys. However, if it was an Italy- Port final, we would have won it. No question about it.

It was a good match. You lost said match. Deal with it. Just like we lost against France. To pin this on Zaza is stupid. Yeah what he did was dumb but making up a bunch of hypotheticals, that's just looking for excuses. I'm not pinning the fact that we lost against France on Schweinsteiger or on the injured players either. "If only..." We had the opportunity to advance regardless and we weren't able to take it. Congrats to Portugal. France didn't do enough today.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone translate please

"Thats what you get for leaving the best 9 in the world at home

Congratulations Portugal and Ronaldo/Pepe"

Basically he is going in hard for his Real buddies, the 9 would be Benzema

Jisgsaw

Aren't usually Euro net gain anyway? And Portugal's infrastructures actually wouldn't need much updating I'd guess given 2004.

Not really, from what I gathered. If you only had a handfull of standium / cities to prep up, it would probably be a net gain, but given how many top class stadium (and the infrastructure that goes with it) you need...
Hence the idea to do it in different cities, which in itself isn't a bad idea.

Apparently there are hooligans on Champs-Élysées. Police had to intervene...

That'd sadly have probably happened either way TBH.

trembli0s

God Damn, these British announcers are fucking crusting my TV with salt.

The fact of the matter is that Europe's current generation of strikers is absolute dog shit garbage. Benzema might be the only decent one out of the entire crop, along with Lewandowski.

If you can't finish your multitude of chances, you give defensive teams more time to sit back and chill.

Beefy

@bet365

*José Fonte empties pockets*

🔑 Keys
📱 Phone
💳 Wallet
😃 Southampton loyalty card

… Antoine Griezmann

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The fact of the matter is that Europe's current generation of strikers is absolute dog shit garbage. Benzema might be the only decent one out of the entire crop, along with Lewandowski.
Truth. South America is smoking Europe when it comes to strikers.

oti

Banned
God Damn, these British announcers are fucking crusting my TV with salt.

If you can't finish your multitude of chances, you give defensive teams more time to sit back and chill.

That's too bad. I remember the German experts on TV being very respectful towards Greece and very happy about the unexpected victory in 2004. That was nice. :)

Mimosa97

Thats what you get for leaving the best 9 in the world at home

Congratulations Portugal and Ronaldo/Pepe

Lmao Arbaloa you moron.

Benzema isn't the best 9 in the world and he fucking BLACKMAILED his teammate over a private sextape to help his gangster childhood friend.

Fuck off I would rather lose without Benzema than win with him in the team. And this is coming from someone who used to be a HUGE Benzema fan. But I'll never forgive what he did to Valbuena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom