• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 to be announced at Bethesda presser

THE EVIL WITHIN 2.........FUUUUCK YES!!!
GET IN!
Please say Mikami is at the helm again. I'm worried he will step back for this one.

Mifec

Please have new characters in Evil Within

I'm sure they will just not playable, but it's gonna stick with Robot Sebastian who isn't anything like the one we read in the journals.

Considering
his wife being alive and working for Mobius

Gurish

YAY for TEW2!

Yea the first one had some major flaws but there is a potential and I liked the overall gameplay.

Inviusx

The rumors say that Prey 2 is completely different from the "original" Prey 2. Not sure if hyped or skeptical.

MrS

Banned
In for TEW2 and Wolfy 2. Hope the Skyrim remaster will fund a new engine for a new Elder Scrolls game.

God is real. I hope Evil Within 2 doesn't pander too much to its critics and become too easy, and fingers crossed that Mikami is directing again

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So TEW2 is a thing, eh? hope it's not just another RE4 clone.

As the father of horror you can do better, Mikami.

Gurish

I think there is a danger in doing those sequels buisness wise, 2014 was an aweful year for games, so I'm not surprised they did great, but I'm not sure if in 2017 they will still have a mass appeal next to all those open world games or competitive shooters.

I think there is a danger in doing those sequels buisness wise, 2014 was an aweful year for games, so I'm not surprised they did great, but I'm not sure if in 2017 they will still have a mass appeal next to all those open world games or competitive shooters.

If they're good games, they'll do just fine. Open-world games and online FPSs don't completely own the market.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Oh yes! This is going to be fucking awesome. Let's just hope they ditch the shit-ass engine for the Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2, and go for something else.

The Evil Within 2, Red Dead Sequel, and 2K being able to make NFL games again all announced at E3 would easily make it the best E3 ever for me.

riflen

Please Wolfenstien 2, have MP, similar to the likes of RTCW.

Please.

No thanks. Enemy Territory was great, but I'd much rather Machinegames concentrate on a great single-player focused FPS as they did with TNO. That game was a triumph and it's clearly their strong suit.

If you want a generic WWII team-based mp game, that's fine, but I'd rather it was left to some other studio to put together and support. The development skills and focus needed for one type of game are nothing like those needed for the other.

Lulubop

Yass. Hyped for Evil Within 2

No doubt they ll fix all the issues with the first and Im a big fan of the first.

The Evil Within 2? YESSS!!!

k15H57d.jpg

Ydelnae

I thought we wouldn't see a sequel to TEW since it didn't lit the world on fire when it released, but it's a nice surprise if true.

Skyrim remaster, Prey 2, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2 rumoured for E3

[...]

The Evil Within 2 we haven't heard anything notable about although a sequel is generally expected

lol

We can now say that The Elder Scrolls 6 rumoured for E3 because a sequel of Skyrim is generally expected...

Evil Within was saturated with shitty design decisions, a 5/10 game, but I definitely saw potential and would love to see the concept executed properly.

Wolfenstein also had problems, too much downtime, slow levels and focus on story, but again had enough potential that I'm excited for a sequel.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"The Evil Within 2"

Yay ! :"D
Please run on UE4 though :")
Tons of Tango job postings ask for UE4 experience, so if they didn't move to it, they must have very strongly felt it was the best match when hiring to work with idtech.

They also have eight zillion online listings so I'm guessing it has co-op or at least The Mercenaries.

I may be in the minority, but I am hoping that Prey 2 retains the atmosphere of the first game. One of my favourite shooters of last gen.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I figure Wolfenstein will be like Dishonored 2 last year; CGI trailer with blow-out next year.

Top Bottom