• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever struggle with something?

Madflavor

Gold Member
Lately I've been struggling with the fact that I don't feel very hopeful for my son's future. AI is taking over a lot of jobs, the climate is getting progressively more fucked, microplastics are destroying our fertility and god knows what, everyone hates and wants to kill each other, the cost of living is getting impossible for young people, shit is not looking good. It doesn't feel like a situation where things will get better. It feels like things will have to get much worse before they get better, and that makes me afraid that my boy.

Last edited:

lem0n

I cannot for the life of me get my pool's pH to be happy.
I have not been able to successfully teach my fiancé manual.
I have been struggling with having motivation for certain tasks. Maybe I'm just lazy.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I cannot for the life of me get my pool's pH to be happy.
I have not been able to successfully teach my fiancé manual.
I have been struggling with having motivation for certain tasks. Maybe I'm just lazy.
The gear shift on the car...right?

Sonik

Horrible concentration problems both because I'm bored very easily and because my short-term memory is shit and no I haven't found a solution to it

Anxiety, depression, feelings of self worth, imposter syndrome, Tourette and loneliness.
I've got anxiety and depression too. As well as loneliness. It gets worse if i listen to sad songs or songs about loneliness.

A big part of mine is wishing i could go back to a time before i got mental illness. I was skinny and it was easy to talk and make relationships with women. Once i got ill at age 20 it all went to shit. My medications made me fat, and my illness made it hard to talk. So i never developed any lasting relationships since then.

Its easier to talk with text than my voice but its still a struggle.

i wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy.

My eyesight and tjhe fact my job is royally screwing it. Have developed slight headaches recently when sitting too long at my workstation.

Did an eye test and found out I'm near sighted. Blew my mind when the optomitrist gave me sample glasses and everything in the distance was pin-sharp, like 8k sharp.

So now training myself to look away from my computer monitor periodically to give my eyes a rest. Getting my glasses from Spec Savers this weekend.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yesterday was Father’s Day and I spent pretty much the whole day alone. No one I live with included me on anything … they were out most of the day. Didn’t even bring me back something to eat. But I did get brought a plate of food from a friend and my daughter wants to take me to the GA Aquarium this saturday … Those were the only great moments from yesterday. My new bout of depression started then… It’s always one thing or another with my depression. Not the worst day but… that feeling of loneliness hit hard and it’s still going…

Top Bottom