• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone is lawyering up

An investigation of this scope is basically going to require everyone at the White House to get representation of some kind. It doesn't really matter how far away they are/were from any actual potential wrongdoing.

It'll really hit lower-level staffers hard, as they are unlikely to get much support from the President's inner circle. Competent representation for this kind of thing isn't going to be cheap.

Even the dang birds outside the WH are going to lawyer up.

jelly

Do White House staff get cleared out when a new President comes in or are there a lot of Obama/Bush Jnr staff still working there?

Geist-

I dunno, this seasons been pretty unbelievable.
Talking about grabbing pussy and still getting elected, then fucking russian hooker watersports blackmail videos?

I'm pretty much just hate watching now, shits so unrealistic.

If you view it as a comedy, then it's a pretty funny social commentary on current politics in America.

tumblr_lojdmy3wS51qb87bqo1_500.gif

If I worked in the White House I would get a lawyer too. Trump is toxic and you have to know how to protect yourself and your career.

Trump needs an attorney.

Trump's attorney needs an attorney.

Melania and Barron will probably need attorneys too, the way this shit is playing out.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Uh, I don't think a lawyer getting a lawyer is normal. Normally you would not want to hire such a lawyer, but apparently that's how difficult it was for Trump to find a lawyer that he resorted to him... Or there is something pushing Trump into using him.

I'm shocked Trump's lawyer hasn't excused himself from Trump's legal team to be honest.

Cohen, himself, has Russian clients with whom Trump's campaign team is suspected of colluding with. For him to continue to represent Trump actually causes more damage to Trump's credibility.

Of course,Trump is too stupid to understand that, so he'll just ride that boat to the bottom of the ocean.

If I worked in the White House I would get a lawyer too. Trump is toxic and you have to know how to protect yourself and your career.

Some of the people who work for Trump are going to have a hard time affording good representation. This is going to be a financial blow to them.

Then again they chose to work for Trump so I'm like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably, Claude is no Louise IMO.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I got a lawyer just in case.

Getting a lawyer is typically a good idea, especially being in the middle of a shitstorm.
Being a lawyer representing someone in that shitstorm, AND getting your own lawyer is not normal to my knowledge.

That being said, this is a rare case where if you really did nothing wrong, someone like Mueller is probably not going to gotcha something out of nothing. Especially with it being a politically charged situation.
But, regular people dealing with police, should exercise their rights when Mirandized.

Ponn

Banned
Getting a lawyer is typically a good idea, especially being in the middle of a shitstorm.
Being a lawyer representing someone in that shitstorm, AND getting your own lawyer is not normal to my knowledge

It's like mr meeseeks calling in other mr meeseeks for help. They are all just dying on the inside,

Top Bottom