• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikujiro

Didn't people say that last year about the Chinese and Japanese before CafeID ran a train on everyone.

Yeah, I think CafeID are still favorites, last time they came in the US MadKOF didn't even play Bala because another CafeID member beat him. It sure will be extra hype, the competition is even better than last year.

Surprised almost everyone has Chris G down as winning Injustice when the MK heads like REO and Tom Brady 1) have been getting better results in tournaments than Chris G and 2) aren't spreading themselves thin over various games either

Chris won the stacked CEO Injustice tourny, he's the favourite to be honest.

Surprised almost everyone has Chris G down as winning Injustice when the MK heads like REO and Tom Brady 1) have been getting better results in tournaments than Chris G and 2) aren't spreading themselves thin over various games either

They don't call him Chris Genius for nothing.

JeTmAn81

Admit it: you haven't taken a look at the japanese players coming to compete in the tournament, have you? ^^

I know nothing about any of the games outside of Street Fighter and Marvel, so I mostly just guessed at names I'd heard of and/or liked the best.

ChrisG won the last two majors for Injustice in a row, with those guys in attendance.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The powers behind the scenes are working to get the main hub up. It may or may not be live by the time EVO happens.

notworksafe

Good OT, but no list of GAF members who are playing?

It doesn't matter anyway. I'm gonna do better than BV...that's what's important.

Hystzen

3 day weekend is open and im ready for this

My eyes are not due to UK time difference but not missed a final yet

El Sloth

Banned
I'm gonna take the fact that you mentioned me specifically getting bodied and on stream to mean that you're still salty from the last times we played :v

...But yeah, I'm indeed probably gonna get bodied. I'm considering asking for Squigly edition if I have to play any Peacock/ Double but I dunno
Hahaha, nah you were just the only gaffer I could think of that said they were going to enter the side tourney at EVO. I'll be rooting for you actually! What would be cooler than seeing someone you play in grand finals?

I'd offer to help you practice against that team, but I don't have any way to play people online right now. Well, not like my Peacock/Double could prepare you against the guys that are going to be there anyways. I can't turn my hit confirms into character kills in the same way they can. And my bomb patterns aren't all that great in comparison either.

Been looking at the Marvel pools all morning. It's getting me so hype! Does anyone know if Bee is making it to Evo? Didn't see his name while I was rummaging through the brackets.

I attended CEO for my 3rd time this year. It was fantastic.

I can't wait for EVO this year. Considering all the tournaments, including the recent Curleh Mustache tourney, it's really hard to tell who will come out on top this year.

I hope Filipino Champ gets his ass handed to him again just like in Curleh Mustache. He's so pompous. He can back it up but he gets way too salty for my taste.

ibseIRBzj3lsOk.gif

I dig Chris G but I'm really hoping someone wipes the floor with his Morg/Doom nonsense. It's a great tactic but I've had enough of it already. He needs to get knocked out by SOMEONE because god damn it, getting in when it's raining missiles/soul fists is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm rooting for Yipes still. He hasn't done too well the past few tourneys but I still hope he takes it somehow. His Dante/Vergil combos are so damn stylish. I love it.

Overall,

I'd be incredibly pleased just to see a C.Viper or Zero in top 4 at EVO.

I'm so hype for UMvC3, Injustice, and SG, though. This year's gonna be ridiculous.

Ferrio

Banned
Taking off friday to watch. Will miss friday night's stream. Paid for some wine tasting event before I realized what day it landed on...

I think my life would be complete if we had a shirtless marvel GF.

Also ChrisG is very beatable in injustice. Not a perfect legend fan but the guy is good, his scorpion was raw as hell though and he definitely didn't seem to be putting enough time into the game at least tourney wise. REO, Tom Brady (non-choking variety), PL, and some others are all on Chris's level.

Dahbomb

I think my life would be complete if we had a shirtless marvel GF.
We already had that at CM.

Only way it can top that is if they play Marvel GF in nothing but their drawers/boxers. Now that shit would be manly.

Revven

USA vs. Armada in the finals will be this years KOF grand finals.

unless hbox makes it there ._.

Come on dude, YL vs Jiggs can be hype and if people can watch SoulFist all day they'll get a kick out of Hbox vs Armada. At least there's actual player interaction going on with YL vs Jiggs compared to what Morrigan does.

Beckx

By EVO 2024, both players drink poison in Grand Finals, winner gets the antidote.

(Works great as a caption to the Champ GIF, too)

By EVO 2024, both players drink poison in Grand Finals, winner gets the antidote.

Pot splitters stage a double KO, compromise by getting half a vial of antidote each, and survive, but only in a catatonic state

#EvoFanfics

Also ChrisG is very beatable in injustice. Not a perfect legend fan but the guy is good, his scorpion was raw as hell though and he definitely didn't seem to be putting enough time into the game at least tourney wise. REO, Tom Brady (non-choking variety), PL, and some others are all on Chris's level.

For sure. But if I had to pick one guy who is most likely to win, I'm picking ChrisG due to his recent performance at majors.

Better yet, make them wear those 999/VLR bracelets. Winner of the match then has to go from their station to the ballroom entrance.

The highest stakes imaginable.

Mr. X

Duckator for SG
Ren for KoF13
Infiltration for SF4/SFxT
Chris G will have a glorious choke in UMvC3 or we will actually see some counter that someone was STSFN
Korea for TTT2
Japan for P4A
Melee should be good
Injustiff/KI Demo = Dinner Break

Beckx

Pot splitters stage a double KO, compromise by getting half a vial of antidote each, and survive, but only in a catatonic state

#EvoFanfics

Better yet, make them wear those 999/VLR bracelets. Winner of the match then has to go from their station to the ballroom entrance.

We're on to something here, Gentlemen. All we need now is a frozen vampire and a haunted mansion. On Mars.

Hahaha, nah you were just the only gaffer I could think of that said they were going to enter the side tourney at EVO. I'll be rooting for you actually! What would be cooler than seeing someone you play in grand finals?

I'd offer to help you practice against that team, but I don't have any way to play people online right now. Well, not like my Peacock/Double could prepare you against the guys that are going to be there anyways. I can't turn my hit confirms into character kills in the same way they can. And my bomb patterns aren't all that great in comparison either.

Hahaha, thanks, but I played McPeanuts' Peacock/Fillia/Double, and the slaughter that happened only proved that the top players are way out of my league...which is why I mentioned Squigly edition, with nerfed Peacock and Squigly singing assist that just fucks up her gameplan.

I like how you think.

antibolo

Banned
That steaming schedule is fucking bullshit. P4A gets nothing but the finals while MK gets complete coverage?? How much did Warner Bros. bribe the EVO staff for this?

Noaloha

My shitty fucking fuckshitting internet provider (Be Broadband, UK) has been unable to stream Twitch for over a week now and they're not giving any ETA on when it will be resolved.

I am going to E.X.P.L.O.D.E. if they fuck up my EVO weekend.

>:[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom